Stephen1918

Albatros D.II posted

I have uploaded the Albatros D.II. The download includes an early version with the radiators on the side, and a late version with the radiator in the upper wing. The skins for both versions are interchangeable. I included two skins and a set of personal marking decals for each plane.

My thanks to ojcar for making the FM and to Nix for his engine sound file.

post-67404-0-03810900-1352073486.jpg

post-67404-0-87265400-1352073495.jpg

post-67404-0-81546500-1352073502.jpg

post-67404-0-03197100-1352073512.jpg

Absolutely fabulous! Been a long long wait for this one. An essential addition to FE hands down!

Thank you, Stephen. Been waiting for this one to arrive. Great work. Thanks to all your team. At last, a D-II to fly alongside Thirdwire's D-III.

Borts's D.II did the best it could for so long and while imperfect many people did so much FM,skin and decal work to keep the old girl viable. This new D.II are vast improvements and I look forward to the inevitable skins that will be made. once again my thanks for this.One that i have been waiting years and years for.

Anyonelse blowing up or losing parts on take-off??? Or is it my poor pilot training?

I get about 10-20 feet in the air and Boom! the engine blows and I lose my prop. Any ideas?

Edited by quack74

Wicked man!! Thx Stephen they look great just Like the other skinners out there,cant wait to fire um up in photoshop :biggrin:

I think the prop might be hitting the ground. If i let the tail come up a bit the screen jerks and my plane is in the air trailing smoke and no prop. Almost like a glitch. But it doesnt happen all the time.

Maybe Stephen's model has shorter undercarriage than old Bortdafarm plane. I had never problems in take off. Try this:

Go to the Data.ini and search for the Engine section. Go to the PropDiameter=2.74 line and lower the number to your taste.

Someone more having problems?

Great plane and many thanks again Stephen! This is definitely one of the planes that FE has needed most, leaving aside personal preferences and going by relative importance - a replacement for Bort's worthy but basic version, that is up to the latest standards! Bravo! Briliant! A much more enjoyable Jasta 2-type campaign is now on the cards - at last! Manna from Heaven, this one!

That now leaves 'what FE needs most' as a 1916-17-era BE2c (or BE2e) like this:

5946081029_20891d010a_z.jpg

...because (i) it is a really MAJOR type and (ii) the A Team versions are strictly 1914-15 configuration, in most key respects. It's the biggest remaining gap in FE's 'home front', worthy of filling ahead of less common or more obscure planes or theatres.

Just thought I'd mention that, in case anyone's interested :)

No takeoff problems here. Only issue is that from the cockpit view, with the light from certain angles, it is apparent that the 'wagon wheel'/barrel support frame at or near the front of the fretted barrel jacket appears superimposed on the outer, side-stays of the barrel jacket itself, instead of the stays being superimposed on the 'wagon wheel' thingy. A minor point - these new birds from Stephen are a great addition, just the thing for bringing to life the early days of the Jastas. Brilliant!!!

Edited by 33LIMA

Maybe Stephen's model has shorter undercarriage than old Bortdafarm plane. I had never problems in take off. Try this:

Go to the Data.ini and search for the Engine section. Go to the PropDiameter=2.74 line and lower the number to your taste.

Someone more having problems?

Yes, and even in combat the prop continually falls off.

A great model for FE, thanks very much Stephen and Ojcar.

In combat? I think you have been shot down by another plane or flak, my friend...

Thanks Stephen1918, finally the early german biplanes :biggrin: ...and you are making a fokker d.II, AWESOME!!!!

I had the prop hit the ground too if you get the tail level with the nose. As a result, just drop the prop diameter (in the engine section) from 2.74 to 2.54 and no more problems.

What Panama (and me before him) says, but the plane takes off perfectly without level the tail with the nose.

Thanks, guys, for posting your solution. Only had the problem once, when I pushed the stick a little too hard on take off. Mixed flights of D-IIIs and D-IIs really look awesome now. I can't wait until the master skinners start in with this beauty. Fantastic work, Stephen, and Ojcar. A pleasure to look at and a pleasure to fly, just like all the new addon aircraft from this team.

First, thanks for all the good comments. I focusing on getting new planes for the Eastern Front campaigns, then I'll go back to making other planes, like the BE2c, or e. I have quite a few planes on my to-do list and I'll get to them all sooner or later.

Second, I've been trying to recreate the take off problems that Quack reported. I've been having good take offs, even with the AI flying, and even in Hard mode. But I notice that the plane leaves the ground quite steeply, then levels off a bit, then resumes climbing. I wonder if the plane is stalling under certain conditions and noses into the ground. I've been playing with the [AIData] Pitch settings, but nothing to report yet.

In combat? I think you have been shot down by another plane or flak, my friend...

No, just flying. Happening most of the time.

Reduced the Prop Diameter progressively, its 2.34 now, and no problems taking off, just flying. Mainly during sudden downward movements.

I'm playing FE2.

post-25915-0-17286900-1352179073_thumb.jpg

Stephen1918 wrote "then I'll go back to making other planes, like the BE2c, or e. I have quite a few planes on my to-do list and I'll get to them all sooner or later"

Stephen Do you have the (Wings of war)game 3dMAX files?

that we "a hand full of skinners modders for that game" were given when that game was finished in 2004 ish, because we were asking them how to get unmirrored skins. the wow 3dmax BE2c is the be2c thats already available for FE over at the scunkworks.

I'm skinning the DII , so only fly it on autopilot,to checkout how it coming on, but in FE1 the prop is fine it flies great