Stabs slotted for the F-4N, handles better now, i made a hard turn wich would have made the B spin and stood well. No dropping ailerons, however.

Is it just a cosmetic change? Wouldn't he have had to update the F-4N_data.ini to make any flight model changes?

i don´t know, but i´ve been flying a couple of missions with the N and i could do things wich, while were OK with the J, would have sent me into a spin or stall or something with a B. I once put the FM stats of the F-4J stabs in the older F-4N and i had the same results as now, only with the older, slotless lod

Anyway, don´t take it too seriously, as i´m not sure about how it works, it might be a placebo effect, but it felt more forgiving to sudden, several G turns with drastic losses of speed than a B model

There's quite a lot interesting here:

All the new ships now appear to have bump and specular textures.

Iceland terrain no longer desaturates when at low altitude. It also looks like it has some more variety in the splatting.

• Like 1

Hello! ... Hummmmm I go to try this update! I'm crossing the fingers... :gamer:

Well, I guess I didn't consider it interesting, since I thought most everyone already had all the titles. But it IS good news for those who don't.

Hello! ... Hummmmm I go to try this update! I'm crossing the fingers... :gamer:

Edit: the Extractor/Weapon/Gun Editors are Ok.

cool macelena. markings i'm fixing and i can live with non droppy ailerons IF there are slotted stabs. looks like i gotta buy it now (after doing up such a lovely job on STORMs old bird too)

Whoa.. a patch!

Ok, gotta reinstall and buy some DLC to show approval. Haven't grabbed anything since F-4K. Was there anything above "minor reskin" since then?

Not the worst of ideas... Maybe I will grab the F-4N then.....

But most importantly: what's your impression - how is the stutter doing after this patch? Some posts don't sound overly promising... This is MY main issue currently...

Not the worst of ideas... Maybe I will grab the F-4N then.....

But most importantly: what's your impression - how is the stutter doing after this patch? Some posts don't sound overly promising... This is MY main issue currently...

for same mission , i noticed a big fps increase and no stutter :biggrin:

Was there anything above "minor reskin" since then?

I seriously recommend the F-21, really sweet toy...

^ Also, the MirageIIIO is probably the most "original" DLC. And a pretty cool plane to boot.

Edited by arthur666

I seriously recommend the F-21, really sweet toy...

Any different to plain Kfir in setup?

I was eyeing that one Mirage with the fixed radar which no other model deserved for some reason.

Edited by Gr.Viper

^ Also, the MirageIIIO is probably the most "original" DLC. And a pretty cool plane to boot.

The Mirage 5BR DLC is very good also! :salute:

the F-4N is a good one thats not just skins. DECM, patch fixed the stabs, and JSF_Aggie fixed the ailerons. of course, i did get the just skins ones for the Phantom too (Phriggin Phanatic).........

seperate note, forgot adding DLC is the same as patching and ran it on a dedicated mod building install. the modded birds didnt seem to be affected to badly, tho stock-ish reverted back. thank goodness for backing up. remembered to follow patching procedures for all the rest of my installs. he seems to have made one that works!

Edited by daddyairplanes

seperate note, forgot adding DLC is the same as patching and ran it on a dedicated mod building install. the modded birds didnt seem to be affected to badly, tho stock-ish reverted back. thank goodness for backing up.

Thank you DA! I was just about to make the same mistake. :blackeye:

Glad someone got an easy lesson from my retardation! Fortuneately the mods i'm working on in the one i did mess up were all year specifi copies and an RF so no auto patch fo them. I was wondering for a few minutes tho why all the planes were back in my NoStockPlanes install!

Apart from the little (but welcome) fixes it looks like this was released to facilitate the installation of the new AI plane pack.

Well, did notice a bug...

In the options, you can no longer select "in the air, near base".

Edited by orsin

been that way since May/June 2012. that bugs me, too. wish it'd be brought back

• Like 1

Two things: One, the "in the air, near base thing. If you noticed, eburger enabled the "Turn off lens flare" on the Options page, in game, I think with just edits in the .ini. Perhaps this could be done the same way? Two, I picked up the F-4N DLC; when I installed it, it only installed to SF2NA. All the Version.inis showed it, but I had to manualy drop the Main.ini into all my other mod folders. Any idea why?

Did you fire up each install the look for it? Has to be fired up to take effect. Was what saved my butt and only had one install affected to my mistake. If you just looked in folders then it will only show in those you've already ran

Thanks, DA, I figured it out. I have my mod folders on my F: Drive so I have to have a duplicate in C:\SavedGames with an Options.ini pointing to the folder on F:. The method I've been using to prevent Patches/DLCs from overwriting everything is to change the pointer to C: while I update. Worked flawlessly for the new patch, once I ran all the .exes I changed the pointer back to F: and, Voila! May2013. The DLCs seem to act just like other Objects/Aircraft; they only generate the first time you run the .exe. It's actually an advantage; I can just extract and install only the ones I want in any particular mod folder. Pretty cool.

MIRAGE5D - LARAFCAMO1 textures are 1024* now, few updates to f-14 textures (like red 'danger' triangle on right side [both sides now] on all skins... unfortunetly front gear on the ground runway is still too low and still no possibility to reach Mach 2.34...

MIRAGE5D - LARAFCAMO1 textures are 1024* now, few updates to f-14 textures (like red 'danger' triangle on right side [both sides now] on all skins... unfortunetly front gear on the ground runway is still too low and still no possibility to reach Mach 2.34...

Mach 2.34 is a clean F-14A with factory TF-30s not detuned to preserve life and reduce catastrophic failure. You also need to fly a good curve to and unload down to 33k ft to get some acceleration to get there. It's not a straight and level speed, you'll need about 40k of fuel to get there.