Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Red Line means what?

Guess what?  Empty suit makes dramatic statement and then has to back it up.  Unable at any speed.  'Leadership' is a word for speech writers to include on the teleprompter to fill in and spice up all the other drivel!!  As Dave has pointed out, I am not sure we could do anything if our fearless leader wanted to. 

Anybody else a bit frustrated??

• Like 2

Don't worry, your government is going to support Al Quaida and Al Nusra with weapons and air strikes, like they did in Libya. Maybe we should just call them Allied Quaida from now on?

I blame John McCain. He would do anything to get us in a war with anyone. He is the empty suit.I think we should not do s**t. Just set back and watch those idiots fight each other on YouTube and drink beer. I hate to break it to you all but the people who are fighting the Syrian Army in Syria are the same people I fought in Iraq.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34
  • Like 4

I don´t think Obama would keep happy his fanbase if he spoke out loud, and said the "Freedom Fighters" are a bunch of murderous scumbags. Any way, if only Nixon could go to China, only Obama could say "F the change, we like Syria the way it was". Anyways, he isn´t running for President a 3rd time, unless they repeal the 22nd amendment (maybe the 2nd too, if they get to it) it would be a nice detail to make the right thing instead of looking good. 

About the leadership, being a foreigner and not trying to be disrespectful to the US through your president, i built my opinion on Obama´s leadership with the issue of the harvard cop vs the black teacher. And either way, while respecting  Mr.McCain, i don´t think either him or Romney would have performed better.

You guys should get Typhoid to run for President

The problem is not nearly enough will accept that the US doesn't NEED to intervene in every damn thing that happens out there.

Once you accept the resolution that the US MUST do something, you instantly are faced with the relative choice of backing "Hitler" or "Stalin." Neither one of those groups deserves to win, but the sad truth is the ME region is now such that absent a tyrannical dictator ruling with an iron fist, you get a happily elected tyrannical organization(s) that rules with an iron fist. Anyone who attempts to rule WITHOUT the iron fist is soon overthrown by someone who is.

I think looking back the US should've just let Saddam take Kuwait and be done with it. Then Iran could've resumed their war with them except without US assistance and the whole area could've devolved into fighting amongst itself WITHOUT US.

• Like 2

Jedi Master, you win! ME much more polite place with Saddam in place. Well what do you do? I know for one thing, go to Live Leak or YouTube and watch the "Free Syrian Army" videos. Some will actually make you puke. For example: A FSA "commander" cuts the heart out of a dead Syrian soldier, takes a BITE out of it and starts that Allah Akbar shit. They D-bags cannot pull a trigger without saying Allah Akbar. I would gas the hell out of people that do stuff like that. International treaty be damned.

• Like 1

Red Line means nothing without either the means or the will to do anything.

Thanks Macelena, but local is as far as I have time to go.

Red Line never meant anything to anybody other than hockey fans until Bebe was drawing cartoon bombs at the UN several months ago. Late breaking news is that the CIA is going to equip and run the FSA. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Just to clarify here, I am not in favor of any intervention in civil wars anywhere.  I am appalled by the President of the United States making a statement to the world that he neither had the means nor the intent to back up.  Once you make a statement like the 'red line' to cross, and are unable or unwilling to back it up, you make an additional statement to the world that your words mean nothing.  Fearless leader forgot basic rule number one which is to engage brain prior to engaging mouth. 

Right now all sorts of bad guys are plotting without fear of the US doing anything, but making more speeches.  I don't know if anyone else finds this troubling, but we have fearless leader for another three and a half years.  Be nice if he just shuts up!

• Like 1

Spot on!!

The damage being done here goes far, far beyond anything to do with which despotic murderous regime oppresses Syria.

There's no damage as "the red line" was not crossed and will not be crossed because it wouldn't make any damn sense...

If anybody down there crosses that line it will be the "rebels" as that is not their country anyway so they very probably don't care about the consequences...

• Like 1

Our current administration...empty chair, empty red line. But In this case, good. Don't think we should get involved. Let them continue to eliminate each other.

" Let them continue to eliminate each other."

that is a good thing at this point.  Part of me says that we should arm both sides................

Now there we go, lets arm both sides and let them duke it out to the end. But that wont happen, we just need to sit back and let them go. We do not need to intervene in anything else.

Times like this I wish we had ole Dubya back. He would know what to do. Why, Dubya would probably reinvade Iraq! Bring it on............. d-bag.

I hope the fans out there will realize that we have restricted trade with Bangladesh today because a questionable business in the country built a crummy building and it collapsed killing some 1,100 people.  My heart goes out to the survivors and families of this tragic event, but I am not sure what the President is doing weighing in with sanctions against the nation.   Was there a 'red line' here that was crossed?  Bangladesh, of all nations, desperately needs what trade it can get to keep food in the mouths of its people.  An industrial accident precipitates trade sanctions???   Anybody else find that a bit off target. 

I'm getting a bit hyper here....apologies to our CA friends.

Well, we could invade Bangladesh. We would have to spend 2 billion dollars to outfit all our troops with hip waders. But it can be done. Why should we buy goods from a country that has no concern for the safety of it's work force? ( makes me think.... ever been to a Virginia coal mine?) Kudos to POTUS. Americans have no idea how the American Progressive Movement of the early 20th century has enriched their lives. Read "The Jungle." I know what we can do. Let's bring back poll taxes and voting tests. Then we can put all homosexuals in jail. Then we can make sure all poor and old people die because they cannot afford health care. We can also force 12 year old girls who where raped by their drunk uncle to carry the rape baby full term.Then we can pour all our resources into the Military Industrial Complex and just go bomb and invade any body that does not conform to the "Christian Fascist" policies of the American Conservative movement. Or we can just use common sense.