I talked to Ron and he is going to have one last fire sale on all his models. Which will have the shadow rope problems fixed on the Banshees and the A-6/EA-6's. So now would be the time to get them.

And how can those of us who bought the models with buggy shadows update ?

• Like 3

Status Update
By Razbam Sims
Important announcement, RAZBAM closing down the Strike Fighter series production line:
Gents
I just took the decision to close down our Strike Fighter series production line, as you may have noticed we haven´t produced anything in the last 2 years for these series and it´s mainly due to the lack of stability on the platform with new updates regularly that modifies sensible stuff within the sim.Our move into DCS leaves us with little to no time to devote to other platforms, and our current FSX schedule give us even little more.I tried to covert some of our latest model into the sim, with bad results.The lack of a "Strike Fighters" devoted developers into our team also pushed the decision forward. I´m grateful of the number of friends, supporters and collaborators i´ve met during this 4 yrs run, and cherish each one of them. You´re a strong community keeping alive a set of simulators with more than 10 yrs old technology with such passion, that i vow to you guys, there is such talent within your ranks, that i personally think, you´re the rightful owners of it, going beyond the original author, and improving it each day.Absolutely all our Strike Fighter series source files will be deleted, and i´ll run a final "get them all in one package" sale pretty soon, and then they´ll be deleted as well, and wont be available anymore.Once again, thanks for the support, we had a great run!

..and see you, eventually, in DCS skies (because i know you´re not into civilian simulators)

And for those among us like we

You readed my mind and were faster than me in typing the same words :biggrin:

He is going to give me my updated ones and I can handle getting to you all that have them the updates.

• Like 1

Hello,

Good! Last January I bought their Banshee.

Thank you Dave for the news.

Best regards,

Coupi.

He is going to give me my updated ones and I can handle getting to you all that have them the updates.

We wait for you Dave!!!!

• Like 1

i Just bought the Banshee, but i don't have the proof of purchase, so, i guess i'm screwed :/ and i wanted to update those skins...

seems I'm screwed too, purchased all SF stuff during that big sale in late 2009 :sad:

Well I am sure Ron has proof you bought it.

You all panic too much.

Those that have it, it will only be an LOD update. I'm sure Ron isn't going to mind me getting that to anyone who purchased it ages ago.

• Like 1

i already asked Ron in FB and he says he has the proof of purchase of everybody, so, that's a relief :D

• Like 1

I bought the Banshee's,Skyraider's and EA-6B's. They were $5.00 then I don't know what he's going to close them out at, But they were definitely worth it at $5.00!

saw that on FB yesterday.

good to know Ron's fixing the shadow issue!

The cockpits are WORTH the price of admission.

Even thought I have them, I'll be buy them again, just to get the updated stuff!

I don't see why he wants to quit. "'10 year old technology" or not this is still the only place in town you can fly anywhere, anytime, in anything. Wonder if he will put out the SF version Buckeye he has been teasing us with for years?

• Like 3

I Don't know but it is a little discouraging to see more Mod's people bailing on the sim, When we really need more of them.

Edited by usafphantom2

I don't see why he wants to quit. "'10 year old technology" or not this is still the only place in town you can fly anywhere, anytime, in anything. Wonder if he will put out the SF version Buckeye he has been teasing us with for years?

+1

what CrazyHorse says

Doubt it, on FB he announced that the "Strike Fighters" line was being dismantled in favor for DCS/FSX.  The amount of patches and other issues will more than likely be what it is, an announcement that will never come to light.

Yes, I'll pick them up too, I think. It will be a long time before I join the DCS crowd.

I understand the biz decision and DCS is probably better suited as an add-on platform.

I bought the Banshee long ago, happy to see them updated a bit. But are the other planes worth too?

Skyraiders line need update too.

In my opinion, the Skyraiders were worth it, if only for the pit, but we have an even better one, and we have fairly good A-1H/J and thus AD-4 (just have to delete a few nodes and adjust INIs), the A-1E and AD-4N are still interesting but the lack of static propeller is a problem.

The Intruders were nice but I must admit I now prefer the other ones available, and while the pit is fairly good, we have other alternatives too.

The Electric Intruders are still worth it if only for the EA-6A, for which we have to my knowledge, no alternative.

Unfortunately they are mostly skin, rather than decal, based so there's not much decal work to salvage for use on other models.

So, even though they are less relevant than they once were, there's still value in Razbam planes, and depending on the price and your means, they might bring you something depending on where your interest lies.

Skyraiders line need update too.

Yep, and that's a pity he's taking the route of destroying sources rather than releasing them as abandonware, however, given he might not appreciate to have these used as a basis to compete with his products on the sims he keep working on, I understand the decision.

Maybe Dave may talk him into giving the CA modding community a limited licence to these sources so that they can keep improving them, provided they are not disseminated beyond the SF community, are not used on other sims than the SF series and are not used in a commercial product.

The best of the bunch is the F-102 by far. The cockpit itself is a masterpiece. The only bug is the shadow. No lines this time, but the at the right side the shadow looks weird, but not on left...  :dntknw: Anyway I reccomend it to all.

• Like 1

I had bought the A-6 set just for the cockpit a few months ago. Weird shadow effects but nothing that bothers me terribly. I am going to have to grab that Banshee as well.