Now that we have some good ‘fake pilot’ mods to create the A-4M/N style larger canopy are any of the cockpit gurus out there interested in creating an A-4M/N cockpit to complete the mod?

Cheers,

Dan.

• Like 1

frankly, it's one of those I allways were curious about.. do you have good reference materials?

I think popular method was to use Julhelm's Kestrel cockpit as a stand-in

• Like 1

I've spent many a Days and Nights in the Cockpits of A-4M's and OA-4M's doing Maintenance and Riding Brakes out to the Fuel Pits......and so on...

Besides the main Canopy Shape and the Windscreen Struts being straight, It's a A-4F Cockpit. The trick is getting those Struts straight.

I've done ARBS for My Early AV-8B via a Weapons Trick. It works close enough to the real thing. So, there will be a little Avionics Work and Weapons Work.

The "Spitfire" Canopy Is not that noticeable from sitting inside, But the front Windscreen Struts are.

BTW...........It has a HUD that looks just like the A-7's Symbol for Symbol...

While stationed at MCAS Cherry Point, NC. I was with VMA-331 when they accepted the last production Skyhawk (A-4M) that McDonnell Douglas made. I've waited 11 Years in this Sim for somebody to make one. You have my interests. I hope You well. If there is any thing I can do, Just holler'.

It's looking  Good.

Semper Fi,

331Killerbee

• Like 3

I don’t have any reference other than what’s on the net but it sounds like 331Killerbee will trump all that anyway! Lol. I have been using the Kfir pit as a stand in with the A-7D HUD symbols and the ARBS camera screen from the AV-8. From what 331Killerbee has said we’re pretty much there once we have a pit, which as he said, is just an A-4F pit with a HUD and straight windscreen struts. I have already worked out the new view angles from a Douglass document that had a diagram with the percentage increase in view over the earlier Skyhawks with the smaller canopy.

the cockpit of A4M is not very different from the a4f, camvio the most significant is the adoption of a very old hud, he succeeds in placing the rider a false system hud in the cockpit of a ta4 on sfp 1 fails the same result on the sfp 2.

not manage to get the old look of aiming not think it's impossible, but I do not have enough time.

post-10313-0-91407100-1386295194_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

the cockpit of A4M is not very different from the a4f, camvio the most significant is the adoption of a very old hud, he succeeds in placing the rider a false system hud in the cockpit of a ta4 on sfp 1 fails the same result on the sfp 2.
not manage to get the old look of aiming not think it's impossible, but I do not have enough time.

Good work Torno, but the canopy structure is different.

this topic sort of disappeared... wondering if any work has been done or is an A-4F pit our best option here?