FLOGGER23

And the World Cup has begun

USA nearly did it and were far better IMO - great to watch for the neutral.

Germany are top class for sure - but anything can happen in Football..........

So, we are a couple of weeks into the World Cup - anyone willing to venture a prediction as to who will be the outright winners!!!!

Brazil, Germany or France

France, Holland, or Germany

• Like 1

Big die of favorits. Spain, England, Italy. Who's next?

I hope we take it..if not Im cheering for Holland

England was never a favorite.....

France has had the widest scoring distribution thus far. Evidence of a team effort. Plus Benzema is on fire. FIFA website has him as the highest rated player of the tournament thus far.

Germany has not really been tested. They should have blown everybody out like Holland and France have so far. Mueller and Oezil are big threats.

What can you say about Van Persie and Robben? Remarkable football.

As for everyone else. It seems they are just enjoying the trip to Brazil.

I would say Uraguay had a shot, but Luis Suarez keeps biting people. Again. Maybe FIFA should check him for vampirism.

But really who knows. It is fun to watch though. I know where I will be at 1500 EST. tomorrow.

• Like 1

I would say Uraguay had a shot, but Luis Suarez keeps biting people. Again. Maybe FIFA should check him for vampirism.

Definitely with Suarez in the team.

He has snapped like that before but its a bit weird - Italy's defenders were winding him up for most of the match and it nearly paid off!   

Germany has not really been tested. They should have blown everybody out like Holland and France have so far. Mueller and Oezil are big threats.

Actually they had a better group stage than on the last World Cup....when they where 3rd!!

I see they meet up against Algeria, they will stomp them so hard it will be embarrassing to watch, I predict 4:0 for Germany at the very least.

I also think they can pass through France and then they have to face the "curse of the semis" that is following them for a decade now... 

As for France they had a really easy group, Switzerland, Honduras and Ecuador? That should be easy for a stronger team, I don't want to insult anybody I'm just realistic...Portugal, USA and Ghana are incomparably better teams and yet France has 7 points (same as Germany) and only +1 on GD (goal difference)...

Anyway if anybody is into prediction game I'll offer mine for the Round of 16:

Brazil - Chile = Brazil (only cause they are hosts, quality-wise worst Brazil team I ever watched)

Columbia-Uruguay = Columbia (without Suarez I don't see Uruguay passing though)

France - Nigeria = France

Germany - Algeria = Germany

Netherlands - Mexico = Netherlands

Costa Rica - Greece = tough one, I'll go Greece maybe not much quality but a truckload of heart

Argentina - Switzerland = Argentina

Belgium - USA = USA - surprised? I wouldn't be if USA nails that one...

• Like 1

I agree with your prediction in the most cases. Only in the last row i have a different idea: Belgium : USA  i would vote for Belgium.

• Like 1

Well you are talking sense but I have a hunch...hehe

Good predictions - I might take Costa Rica over Greece on current form

Costa Rica  vs Greece indeed is hard to pick one ,i would love Greece to go through ,Costa Rica plays a joy to watch football but some times they leave their rear open, instead Greece plays a chess like style ,trying to get control over the board not by controlling the ball but controlling the space and hope of a counter attack , let's see :)

Yup the Greeks can stale the game, slow it down and make it hard, they can defend so all they need is one stray ball into the goal, they seal the defense and can very well go through...

I agree with Brain's predictions! So far as of this moment he has gotten it right.

This is a pretty fun WC to watch this time around.

Before world cup started...I had spain to win...that went up shit creek....holland took my eye,and I then after 1st match predicted them to win....Germany are my 2nd choice....if its final of germany v Holland,then Holland to win,they start slow....score one goal then expect more.....even today,when before equalizer,I said to my missus,dutch will fight back,as I said come on holland ,they scored the equalizer....thats it I told her,hope its not penalties as anything can happen,then they got the penalty...game over...come on holland.

• Like 1

Mexico- the Netherlands....  hm...

So far from what i have seen in Brazil's World Cup,Holland looks the strongest to me and plays the best football,so since Greece is out i wear the orange T-shirt...lets have more nice games

Edited by Vavavava

Holland looks the strongest to me and plays the best football,

Pas du tout!!! Did you see the match with Mexico? Are you talking seriously? The best team of the octofinals  by now were France and Colombia by far.

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 1

Germany was tired by the 40th minute against Algeria. They displayed a horrible level of fitness. France on the other hand, is a hyper aggressive, super fit squad. Didier Deschamps played his hand perfectly with the Giroud-Griesmann substitution and struck at the Nigerians like a cobra. Benzema 4 shots on goal all blocked by the Nigerian keeper who had the game of his life. If Germany drags their asses like they did against Algeria, France will mop the floor with them. France just has too many weapons. I think France will face Colombia in the semis.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34
  • Like 1

win.png

• Like 1