Dave

Here is the Deal. We Need Money...Bad!

Brother, that sign is on just about EVERY airfield, on every terrain mod I do. Has been for the last 6  or 7 years!!

But on how many Japanese bases? :lol:

have you LOOKED at my PTO maps??? :biggrin:

• Like 1

Hello again,

Just to inform, as intended did a PayPal donation today ( 40 USD ).

Not much, but was with the best of my will, as it would really be very sad to see this site go down…

It’s a fact, that this site needs financial support to keep active.

Useful (and urgent) measures I’ve read here:

- mandatory subscription for bigger downloads e.g. “Nato Fighters, SF2V AGXP, etc.“;

- pay per download of smaller downloads;

- also, a 3 month subscription for let’s say, 13 USD ?

- free downloads should probably be MUCH more limited – merely because this allows ‘lechees’ to patiently get everything, without contributing with anything at all.

Best regards from Portugal,

Pedro

Edited by Boresight

Donated my 20 beans a minute ago

The problem is that for say... my Super Hornet package, quite a few people did some good work on it and therefore it's about splitting the cost of that particular plane between those people.   So it's a good idea but an A3 project I may be involved in we have to consider the amount of work put in, and how to split x number of dollars between people who more or less deserve an equal share.  Sure we can get into specifics but overall it's a touchy issue but don't get me wrong it is a good idea just sometimes multiple people makes it a little more dicey.

Well I know we are covered for the next couple months. Erik has been reading all your comments and has a few ideas on how to proceed. I will say this, we do not want to be a subscription only site. That is exactly opposite of why we started CA. In my opinion and its mine only, I would rather close the site than have to go to subscription only. I do not know how to proceed though to keep this from happening again. We need another sim like what TK made to stir life back into this place. I do thank all of you that helped out from the bottom of my heart. 

I've just made my first Premier Membership subscription, that will not be the last for sure.

Long live to CA and thank you for all your hard work

Cheers from France

Patrick AKA "Eole" Le Naour

• Like 1

I've just made my first Premier Membership subscription, that will not be the last for sure.

Long live to CA and thank you for all your hard work

Agreed!

Cheers from Germany

Rene (Nyghtfall)

• Like 1

Its done

Premier Membership

Thomas

• Like 1

Awesome fellas, you are all simply the best. 

Just coughed up for a prime membership boss, sorry it took so long!

• Like 1

Brand new member and saw this thread.  Sent what little I could.  Hope others do the same.

• Like 1

I think the 3 month subscription is a good idea personally. Combat Ace is an outstanding community to be apart of. I also play another player mod-able game but their main community forum/ download site is full of sqabbling and fighting over model usage with little co-operation or collaboration. We have something here to be really proud of that deserves to continue and grow.

• Like 2