Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Finally saw Flight of the Intruders

And I feel as though that's something that has been missing from my life. Glad I saw it. Great film. Of course you already knew that, didn't you?

• Like 2

what took you so long??? :biggrin:

Basil Polidoruds' music is good, too

Don't know. It somehow managed to evade me. Could have bought it on DVD back in 2003, but didn't think to. Luckily it's on Netflix now.

Love that movie. 

I like Flight of the Intruder. I got to see it once on the military channel's "An Officer and a Movie" with Stephen Coonts as the former officer who discussed the film during the commercial breaks. Flight of the Intruder stands with Hunt for Red October as one of my favorite films of the genre. I really need to take the time to read the book as I have heard that it has about five times the number of missions in it as the film does. It also makes me wish we had a working DIANE system for the A-6 in SF2.  

I like Flight of the Intruder. I got to see it once on the military channel's "An Officer and a Movie" with Stephen Coonts as the former officer who discussed the film during the commercial breaks. Flight of the Intruder stands with Hunt for Red October as one of my favorite films of the genre. I really need to take the time to read the book as I have heard that it has about five times the number of missions in it as the film does. It also makes me wish we had a working DIANE system for the A-6 in SF2.  

Then you will find that the movie is really quite poor when compared to the book. :biggrin:   I suggest that you also read "Intruders" by the same author.  It is the next sequel in the series chronological timeline, followed by "Final Flight", "The Minotaur" (and then the others).

Edited by Fubar512

I thought it was well done actually, no smarmy love stories or nothing, just a good story to watch.

Edited by EricJ

The Game and Model Kits were great also.

Edited by LeL

Probably the best flight combat film to come from Hollywood IMO

I would say long overdue, and yes it is one of the better movies to come out of Hollywood.

I have not seen it for about ten years now, but the fighter guys make movies, attack guys make history still stays in my memory (with the Stevie Ray Vaughan track in the same bar scene).

I've read all of the books and their very good!!!

Anyone remember the PC Flight Simulation " Flight of the Intruder " by Specktrum Holobyte ? It even game with the paperback book of the same name.

Then you will find that the movie is really quite poor when compared to the book. :biggrin:   I suggest that you also read "Intruders" by the same author. 

I agree with you. Its a great book that give interessting inside views of the live on a carrier during the late Vietnam war. Its worth to read.

Anyone remember the PC Flight Simulation " Flight of the Intruder " by Specktrum Holobyte ?

Yep. I have played it a lot of time. I loved the Phantom more than the Intruder. But it was a nice game.

Anyone remember the PC Flight Simulation " Flight of the Intruder " by Specktrum Holobyte ? It even game with the paperback book of the same name.

Still have the game for the Commodore Amiga and the Steven Coonts novel, as well as the DVD

Flight_of_the_intruder.jpg

There are some here, that go way back and remember, regarding older Fight Sims, when you had to use some of you're own imagination to achieve some degree of imersion. What a classic. Thanks for making me believe I am not alone. Good thread my friends.