UK_Widowmaker

There's a reason why 'Banker' rhyms

with another word

post-22245-0-91142800-1436357615.jpg

• Like 4

What the fucking pile of bullshit did i just read??

to say the marine is facing life is a gross exaggeration. The cultivation charge has a maximum penalty of life but given the amount he was growing will almost certainly be facing 2-4 years and will prob not serve half that is any.The life penalty is only used for cases of large scale cultivation with intent to distribute. these mems are just propaganda from the pro pot movement. Not saying that the marine is in the wrong or that the unconvicted banker is not deserving of punishment(if it's shown he even had knowledge of what was going on in the non-UK based branch that was involved in the laundering) but the meme is just anti-capitalism/pro pot nonsense.

Edited by whiteknight06604

Agreed, but even the marine serving 1-4 years is ridiculous compared to the banker serving absolutely zero time. What a joke. 

• Like 1

Sorry I cannot brain today, I has the dumb after reading that. 

anti-capitalism/pro pot nonsense.

Christ just how low will  you go to defending bankers and the corporate elite ? You always shill for them.  ALWAYS.  Bankers have time and time again screwed us over and then been bailed out.  Try screwing up at your job the way these guys have and let us know about the outcome. 

• Like 1

don't know the details but the story looks like utter BS. One ounce of pot will not get you jail time, much less a life sentence.

Edited by Typhoid
  • Like 1

Really, you don't live in the South. That can get you sent down town. An ounce where I live will you get an automatic distribution charge.

Also the banker was laundering money for the Sinoloa Cartel.

Look it up.

• Like 2

Really, you don't live in the South. That can get you sent down town. An ounce where I live will you get an automatic distribution charge.

Look it up.

you're right, I don't live in the south.  Here pot is legal.

but even in my previous locales, possession wouldn't get one a serious jail term.  misdemeanor slap on the wrist.

I'm entirely ok with shooting the banker......

The meme is very fishy and over exaggerated

One ounce of pot will not get you jail time

Well it depends...

state, jurisdiction, and/or circumstances

Edited by ironroad

T, miss the point totally......

Ounce gets automatic distribution charge.

All depends on where you are.

I get it, and not questioning you. I'm just surprised that anyplace would still prosecute a distribution charge for less than an ounce

I get it, and not questioning you. I'm just surprised that anyplace would still prosecute a distribution charge for less than an ounce

Lots of reasons...

Depends on who it is, where it is, if anyone is up for re-election, if there is a "crack down", if it is a repeat offender, if law enforcement and prosecutors want to "stack charges", is the person caught is a "scum bag", etc.

Many jurisdictions feel it is not worth their time just want a fine and/or probation, especially if the courts and police are busy, but never underestimate human pride and emotion (particularly when it comes to arena of law-enforcement and criminal justice).

Edited by ironroad

Look it up.

And that's why folks in my area went to meth ...

Seriously though totally true for my area in the South too. They will throw the book at someone and then some.

My fellow Devil Dog shouldn't face any penalty for using Cannabis. Cannabis is VERY popular with veterans right now as it's much easier to ingest a little bit of herb than to keep track of 50 pills per day to treat everything under the sun.

The United States gives preferential treatment to companies peddling opiates, the ACTUAL most dangerous type of drug that can be prescribed. Most drug overdoses are from these opiates, but when a user switches to Cannabis they lose the possibility of death by overdosing and maintain much of their functionality.

Cannabis for the win, FREE OUR MARINES!

My fellow Devil Dog shouldn't face any penalty for using Cannabis. Cannabis is VERY popular with veterans right now as it's much easier to ingest a little bit of herb than to keep track of 50 pills per day to treat everything under the sun.

The United States gives preferential treatment to companies peddling opiates, the ACTUAL most dangerous type of drug that can be prescribed. Most drug overdoses are from these opiates, but when a user switches to Cannabis they lose the possibility of death by overdosing and maintain much of their functionality.

Cannabis for the win, FREE OUR MARINES!

Not that I'm for or against it (I believe in letting allowing Darwinism to play its course when it comes to personal decisions)  I'm pretty sure when more states find a way to tax it (i.e. make money of it) without running a foul of the federal government and socially conservative block-voters more will go the Colorado, California, and Washington route.

Even in jurisdictions where it is "legal", legal usually mean you have to have a valid license, can't travel across state lines with it, can't share or distribute, can only have an authorized amount, etc. Furthermore, just because a state or local government says it is ok (which is still rare unless you have been blessed and deemed "special" by local authorities) still does not mean can't be prosecuted on federal charges.

We've been through this before:

Before repealing the 18th Amendment, battling alcohol consumption through criminalization and force led to:

"1. Prohibition created disrespect for the law.

2. Prohibition eroded respect for religion.

3. Prohibition created organized crime.

4. Prohibition permanently corrupted law enforcement, the court system, and politics.

5. Prohibition overburdened police, courts, and the penal system.

6. Prohibition harmed people financially, emotionally, and morally.

7. Prohibition caused physical harm.

8. Prohibition changed the drinking habits of our country — for the worse.

9. Prohibition made cigarette smoking a national habit.

10. Prohibition prevented the treatment of drinking problems.

11. Prohibition caused “immorality.”

12. Prohibition was phenomenally expensive."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2009/03/12-bad-effects-of-prohibition-you-should-know/

We are on the verge of striking Cannabis from the list of Schedule 1 substances and support for the Drug War is in the extreme minority.

What is a Schedule 1 drug?

"Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin

lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)

marijuana (cannabis)

3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy)

methaqualone

peyote"

http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

Sorry Fed, but you have no duty to dictate morals. In this country the tail wags the dog, not the other way around. It can't be the other way around as long as we remain a nation for the people, by the people. Cannabis doesn't belong on ANY list alongside heroin. 

Edited by exhausted

It seems the guy with lots of money to buy a good lawyer has bought his freedom, whilst ordinary guys like you and me and the Marine get shafted. Totally unfair and the banker is laughing all the way to the bank.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems the guy with lots of money to buy a good lawyer has bought his freedom, whilst ordinary guys like you and me and the Marine get shafted. Totally unfair and the banker is laughing all the way to the bank.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps the more money and resources you have the easier it is for you manipulate and skirt the "system".

But in some instances there is more to it than that:

Local authorities may be scared to "make waves" with someone who is connected, particularly in regards to an election year.

Wealthier people can afford bail, which means they don't have to sit in jail for months or years until their trial date comes up(and yes in some cities/states it can't take years just to get "your day in court).

People who can afford to be bailed/bonded out are less likely to take a "plea deal", which means they are more willing to go to court (someone a lot of  cash and time-strapped local officials don't want unless it is serious or they have political/voting pressure on them).

Those who can't afford a bond usually take plea deals in order to shorten their sentences or avoid hard time, regardless of their degree of guilt or innocence.

Add this to the human factor, there are some law enforcement officers that go 0-60 on any suspect no matter who or what they are. However, most usually tend to feel out suspects before they move in to arrest, detain, or question. If they believe the person has some type of "status" (be it money, connections, media clout, law-enforcement, etc.) they usually  tend to be a bit more guarded and methodical in their approach. Primary reason, said law enforcement officers don't want to get fired, reprimanded, or sued for any perceived violation of policy or the law. The first thing most "good" lawyers do is question how their client was treated while in custody.