Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Return the civilian mod to life?

the "P2v-7.wav" had both the recips and the jet turbine sounds

---------------

DA: the racing stripe was being painted on. I'd try it as a decal, but can't find a good enough picture to use as a base

Yakarov: yes!!! more helos!!!

this is what a meant about the mapping being 'odd'. one can see the nose is separated from the fuselage, making it difficult to align the stripes properly. (this is a personal failing, due to vision issues).

I know it CAN be done, but I'm just having some problems...

for our (well, USofAs) northern neighbors...

• Like 5

Really beautiful Kevin!

Any idea If we can have a crop duster too?

as soon as someone builds an airplane that does it.

------

having issues with the Tigercat and Z-37 not loading automatically ... driving me nuts

I've had these on my HD for a while if anyone wants to make use of them:

'Fire Eater' from the movie 'Always'

NB This is for the DAT A-26C, but could be used for reference for a skin for Bobrock's Invader.

img00013_zpsh6shhgm9.jpg

img00012_zpssy6wjuqp.jpg

A fictional Civil Air Patrol OV-10D

img00011_zpswezsulwj.jpg

img00010_zpsxl7uq7qm.jpg

A semi-fictional California Department of Forestry OV-10D

img00008_zpsrbpbzilp.jpg

img00009_zpstcyq1vvm.jpg

Edited by allenjb42
  • Like 1

:cool:

post-2314-0-41734100-1440930983_thumb.jpg

German army CH-53G`s are used as firefighter.

I`m currently working on finishing the german CH-53 pack.

• Like 10

In a pinch. I think the base was threatened and thats why theyjumped in cause it is rare to hear of Marine aviation going in

these three are done.

DC-4

P2V

P-3

the last one is a "what if" just for fun. doing a water bomber version of the beagle, too! (just for grins and giggles) 

• Like 4

I really like where you're going with this!  When it's all done I may give it a try to see if my son likes it.

don't forget people, I'll be off line for several days, as tomorrow (Wednesday) is my eye surgery. I'm trying to get as much done as possible, even though it won't be uploaded for quite a while still. (effects still need more work, the "wildfire" effect will need to be MUCH larger), etc and so forth

-------

I forgot to add a border stripe to the wing markings on the Canberra ... I'll get to that later.

here's the Beagle. still have to finish the registration numbers...

• Like 3

forgot this one ... just a base skin; needs MUCH more work! (and the FM's been replaced, and now no longer crashes on take off!!)

• Like 1

That slick Beagle looks awesome!

ok, here's one that waayyyyyyyyyyyyy off the wall, off the hook, off the chain, etc

I mean, what DO you do with an aircraft that is such a heavy lifter, and the USN don't need no more?? Add a tank to belly, disable the lower dive brake, and de-militarize it. Bingo -- new SEAT

I made up the 'company'

Western Air Attack Services, Universal Protection (read ONLY the first letters!! -yes, another easter egg)

The US registration (N numbers) are taken from the real BuNum, and "civilianized"; I know there is a real life ™ precedent, but cant find the reference

just for fun, as more SEATs are needed!

hopefully, in a few weeks get back to detailing the terrain (have more ideas on items to add that will help in the movements ini)

• Like 6

Wrench shouldn't we try to search a more civie pilot?

if you look at the photos, a LOT of them wear bone-domes. Helps cut down engine noise, and eases comms between air and ground controlers.

and of course, crash protection.

there are, of course, helmeted pilots without 02 masks. But I wouldn't want to breath all that smoke, ash, toxic chemicals (trees cause smog!!)

if you look at the photos, a LOT of them wear bone-domes. Helps cut down engine noise, and eases comms between air and ground controlers.

and of course, crash protection.

there are, of course, helmeted pilots without 02 masks. But I wouldn't want to breath all that smoke, ash, toxic chemicals (trees cause smog!!)

Affirmative. White brain buckets, No O2 masks, green or tan nomex zoom bags, no SV-2 or vest. Some of the helo drivers wear the yellow shirt and green fire resistant pants the firefighters wear on the ground.

CL

Edited by charlielima

ok, here's one that waayyyyyyyyyyyyy off the wall, off the hook, off the chain, etc

I mean, what DO you do with an aircraft that is such a heavy lifter, and the USN don't need no more?? Add a tank to belly, disable the lower dive brake, and de-militarize it. Bingo -- new SEAT

I made up the 'company'

Western Air Attack Services, Universal Protection (read ONLY the first letters!! -yes, another easter egg)

The US registration (N numbers) are taken from the real BuNum, and "civilianized"; I know there is a real life precedent, but cant find the reference

just for fun, as more SEATs are needed!

hopefully, in a few weeks get back to detailing the terrain (have more ideas on items to add that will help in the movements ini)

I have frequently wondered why AD-4s ( it would seem natural right ? )were absent from the air tanker ranks.

It seems every other type of multi crewmember, single and multi engine type where used but non SPAD ADs.

CL

I wonder if it wasn't an airframe life thing? Who knows!

swapped out for the helo pilot, and view of the lower belly retardant tank (old pb-1w radome ... fits just nice!)

• Like 1

I wonder if it wasn't an airframe life thing? Who knows!

swapped out for the helo pilot, and view of the lower belly retardant tank (old pb-1w radome ... fits just nice!)

Affirm on the airframe hours thing. the reason the PB4Y Priveteer was used so recently was because of ridiculous low hours ( 500 Maybe ? )they had when the operator acquired them.

That dome with some doors and details from that HVFS TBM decal sheet would probably fool any body that there was no such thing as an AEW Skyraider and they where built as SEATs /DRT-1s / SPADAT (single place AD air tanker ) in El Segundo.

CL

Edited by charlielima

actually, it's the stock A-1J

we have an AEW, but I thought using the stock J would be eaiser(not like all 4 3W SPADs aren't mapped the same and said skins are all called the same, ie: "A-1h_***.bmp/jpg)