So in the Data INI of aircraft theres the AI section as we all know...  However Im having a couple issues with the AI  sections of a couple of aircraft.

The biggest issue is strafing with the F-15E and its variants basically my issue is no matter how I alter the strafing section the jets dont fire a consistent number of bullets and usually too short of the target and sometimes do not even shoot at all I havent been able to figure this out but I will keep playing with it.  Anyone have any ideas?  or suggestions? 

Have you looked in the AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI? The various entries in it can be placed into an individual aircraft's data file and adjusted to fit your needs. I believe there are a number of different enteries related to AI fire time and cannon burst length.

AIRCRAFTAIDATA.7z

Ya Ive looked I just cant figure out which parameter controls burst time 

This section is for the AI strafing:

[strafeAI]
RollInRange=6000.0
RollInAlt=1500.0
PullOutRange=800.0
PullOutAlt=200.0
ReleaseRange=1300.0

SecondPassRange=4500.0,

SecondPassAlt=1100.0<---- this and uper values afect AI ranges for "roll in" and "pull out" ranges in ground atttack mode i dont know exactly how tehy work so i dont tuch them!

ReleaseInterval=1.0   <----this statment control the AI brust lenght ! and 1.0 is ok for F-15 with lot of ammo... 0.5 make  them fire shorter brust
AimPitchOffset=-0.3 <---- this is the AI aim  offset for guns incrising the number to 1.0 and above makes them shoot higher and decrising the number makes them shoot low. so if they shoot too short of the target you need to increase this number probably to 0.03... The best way i found for adjusting this is to look where the AI shoots in ground attack mode against static targets if the target is at the center of the brust then the "AimPitchOffset" is ok

Have you looked in the AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI? The various entries in it can be placed into an individual aircraft's data file and adjusted to fit your needs. I believe there are a number of different enteries related to AI fire time and cannon burst length.

attachicon.gifAIRCRAFTAIDATA.7z

[CruiseMissileAI]

ReleaseRange=100000.0

ReleaseAlt=5000.0

ReleaseInterval=6.0

Just what I needed!

so I seem to have made some headway this morning in fixing the Ai's aim for the F-15E Ive been testing on the China Lake range in SWUS map, does anyone know if the relative altitude of the target in relation to sea level effects anything?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By VonS

Apr. 17, 2023 Update - Please find, available at the link below, my previously released mods. for RoF United Ed. - this time as a convenient, consolidated package that has been updated with the latest tweaks. Do read the included "Read Me" files, where available, for more info., particularly the "READ_ME_ROF_General_Info" file that is located in the root folder of the package when unzipped. This package is provided "as is," with no active support beyond the included explanatory files. The "Consolidated Mods. New" Package contains the latest AI mod. (ver. 1.4) for RoF United, as well as mods. previously offered separately, such as the "M-S Type H Campaigning Tweak," the "PWCG modulations" files, etc.
      Apr. 29, 2023 Update - Included below the link to the "Consolidated Mods. New" package is Ver. 3 of the PWCG "modulations" files (to be installed manually in the PWCG ver. 16.3.1; see directions included in the larger, consolidated package). Ver. 3 of the "modulations" files increases wind and turbulence settings, as well as provides greater chance of encountering more capable AI when flying PWCG campaigns, especially if used in conjunction with my newer AI mods. for RoF (such as ver. 1.36 or 1.4, included in the big consolidated package).
      Important Note: if using the Ver. 3 PWCG "modulations" files, instead of the Ver. 2 ones included in the big consolidated package for RoF -- make sure to change settings, if you choose to change any, from within the modulations, i.e., the RofCampaignSpecific, files themselves -- otherwise, tampering with relevant settings from within the PWCG advanced menu options will automatically delete extra entries for the AI that I've included in the Ver. 3 modulations. This note does not apply to the Ver. 2 modulations since those don't contain any extra AI settings.
      Feb. 6, 2024 Update - RoF AI mods. vers. 1.36 and 1.4 have been upgraded to vers. 1.37 and 1.41, respectively. The new versions have tweaked the AI's ability to follow commands more quickly and/or properly. Ver. 1.41 also contains further tweaks to safe alts. for the AI, to minimize unnecessary crashes and very low-level dogfighting. The entire consolidated package has been renamed from "Consolidated Mods New" to "Consolidated Mods New V.2" (i.e., Version 2).

ROF_ConsolidatedModsNewV2_VonS.zip
      ForRoFpwcgModulationsVer3_VonS.zip
      Happy flying,
      Von S 

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By JPMoney
      I’m flying an F-16I Sufa mod for Strike Fighters 2 Israel. I’ve modified the loadout ini file in an attempt to change the missile types and positions on the pylons. I’m having a consistent issue with the outer pylons (not the wingtip mounts, but the furthest pylons from the fuselage under the wings). I want these to carry one AMRAAM each, and as far as I can tell I have modified the loadout ini, the related missile object inis, and aircraft ini to be able to accommodate this. However, when I go to a single mission in-game and access the loadout screen, those outer pylons are always empty (no missiles). When I go to add missiles manually to these pylons, all AMRAAM types only are available in “4s” and not “2s.” So in other words it’s trying to mount 2 AMRAAMs on each pylon, which shouldn’t be possible (realistically), as these are set up for single missiles only. The F-16I ini file does have a relatively complex series of pylon rules, but I believe I have it set up to be able to mount AMRAAMs on these pylons, and I can’t find any setting in any file that would allow me to indicate there should only be the option to mount one missile per pylon in the loadout screen in game. I suspect a setting related to this “4 missiles” issue is preventing my loadout ini file from operating correctly and defaulting my vipers to have AMRAAMs on those pylons. 

Any thoughts on a setting I am missing here?
    • By muhammad
      Hi everyone!
      after few miles of scrolling .INI files and testing everything on the game
      FINALY:
      " Cockpit Shadows " !!
      --!  enabling process is same for each plane  ! --
      --!  enabling process should apply on each plane you like to have cockpit shadows on 'em  ! --
      --!  Be Advised !: This "Cockpit Shadows" has some little BUGs so we all should work on it together to make it better  !-- 
      It's better than nothing :D

* Q: How to enable Cockpit Shadows?
      - A: All you need to do is to make a .INI file with the same name and right at the place your chosen plane cockpit 3D file ( .LOD ) is located.
      Example: 
      !! [  Cockpit file are located at the folder with the same name (most of the times)  ] !!
      SHO to Viper team F-16 BLK 30 to act like a test plane 

here the plane's Cockpit 3D model is the LOD file named " Cockpit_F-16C_B30.LOD " and above of that, our personally made .INI file;
      Now
      Inside the .INI file we should drop this :

[Shadow]
      CastShadow=TRUE
      ShadowCastDist=5000
      MaxVisibleDistance=800 
      -------------------------------------------------
      * you are free to change the numbers  
      -------------------------------------------------

here's an example file which you have to change it's name to the plane's cockpit file name !
      plane's cockpit file name.INI

*with this simple trick you can enable shadows for every .LOD file.
      feel free to ask.

alexis99 thanks for that little help

sorry for bad English :)
      hope ya'll enjoy!
      one love.

plane's cockpit file name.INI
    • By LaoHu
      I downloaded this mod for the F-5 and all of the skins for the aircraft are black, which means the textures aren't loading but I can't find out why it isn't loading. There is no exact installation instructions other than extract it into the mod folder which I did and there doesn't look like there are any issues with the file placement compared to the other aircraft files. Can anyone help me out?

P.S. the drop tanks have the textures working and the cockpit, loading screen, menu, etc all work. Everything but the skin. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..