As for the what's at the end of the arrow I wouldn't know that's called,, that would be for upper management to tell us what that is,,, to make it work use this,,, http://combatace.com/topic/87409-360-tv-never-leave-the-cockpit-again/   but you have to have some laser guided munitions on board to make it work,, I have not figured out how to make it work without them,, if you lock on to target first with LGBs it will hold lock when you switch to dumb bombs..

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Edited by yubba

For WoE i made a version of the Saab Draken, where a camera was working in the cockpit. You could toggle between radar modes and camera.

I dont know, wheter it would work in SF2 world.

post-3395-0-36781600-1488645062_thumb.jpg

post-3395-0-41706900-1488645078_thumb.jpg

It is a simple camera. You cant select a target and you cant move the field of view.

http://combatace.com/files/file/10765-saab-j-35-draken-with-changed-flightmodel-for-oct2008-patch/

Edited by Gepard

Since the pilot cannot see the results of strike cam footage till he gets back and gets the film developed, all you need is a simple change of view. A 3D model of a loadable strike cam can be just a dummy ECM pod.

• Like 1

Since the pilot cannot see the results of strike cam footage till he gets back and gets the film developed, all you need is a simple change of view. A 3D model of a loadable strike cam can be just a dummy ECM pod.

Well he didn't say what era,, I would think he was looking for something modern that show real time footage like the pave tac system,, they made something simular that went on the f-16 ,, well any how I know how to make it work in any aircraft that has a radar screen

Not trying to judge or opinion my thought on this subject, but a strike camera is for post mission debrief/Intel. They are used for target lineup and bomb impact assessment after release just as gun camera footage for AA kills. The recon business is left up to dedicated platforms, (RF-4, RA-5, SR-71, Drones, satellites, etc) for pre-strike target reff. & post strike BDA. It is not a targeting device for weapons or viewable on a monitor inside fighter type aircraft to my knowledge. Would be eye candy like the camera under the nose of the F-105 in this sim. Present day footage (F-16, F-111, F-15E) of target kills are recorded/viewed on cockpit MFD's and same footage is removed via a data module and reviewed during mission/intel debrief.

I'm not an expert on these systems, just my view from various reads/sources.

VR NIELS

post-903-0-84172900-1488657484.jpg

Edited by NIELS
  • Like 2

in case somebody try to make one here are some more pictures

-

post-15260-0-38780900-1488658594.jpg

post-15260-0-50562200-1488658601_thumb.jpg

post-15260-0-43381700-1488658610_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just to clear things up, I'm referring to the Vietnam-era cameras attached to F-4C's & E's (like the ones in the pictures). I might be wrong but I think they are KB-18's. Could be just eye-candy too.

Look at the picture. Tell me what era is that? Do not need a PhD. in History to figure it out.

Well they all look the same to me,, I tweak em and fly them,, if you can tell me which model this is I'll see what I can do to send you a cookie

Just to clear things up, I'm referring to the Vietnam-era cameras attached to F-4C's & E's (like the ones in the pictures). I might be wrong but I think they are KB-18's. Could be just eye-candy too.

There wasn't much or any guided munitions used in the Vietnam,, I can give you a camera view which you can see in the pit on the radar screen as can others,, but it won't lock and you can't move it ,,I tried to see if I'd could set it up for a bomb sight no joy,,, that will be up to someone that has the game engine codes for ground avionics,, what would be a great mod,, is if we can get the ground radar to lock on to targets like the air to air radar does or in the falcon 4 series ground radar.

• Like 1

Got it figured out, for you skinning nuts, a laser guided bomb re-skined as a pod,, then we can get the camera to lock,, it's that or nothing,, if you want to stick to realism of the era. Heck take the fins off a Paveway 12 and cut the weight leave the charge,, if you eject it you don't want someone finding it

• Like 1

made it work,, useing a small paveway on the center line of a stock f-4j got a DATA ini from a addon f-4j put the paveway on the centerline mount,, tested in wov line backer one campaign,, tv in the radar watched the target coming and going and where the bombs fell.. Ta Da 

Edited by yubba

would have been much simpler to just add a "EO camera" mod to the avionics, as I did for the U-2, without all this screwing around with faking it.

The only other thing would be, adding the "shape" to the Rhino via fake pilot. But, in all honestly, what good what that do?

and for the record, Pave Tack is a TARGETING system, that just happens to have video recorder. Some folks need to do a bit more research before posting things

• Like 1

would have been much simpler to just add a "EO camera" mod to the avionics, as I did for the U-2, without all this screwing around with faking it.

The only other thing would be, adding the "shape" to the Rhino via fake pilot. But, in all honestly, what good what that do?

and for the record, Pave Tack is a TARGETING system, that just happens to have video recorder. Some folks need to do a bit more research before posting things

I don't happen to a have a video player,, to play that tape I'm just happy enough to watch it on my little tv screen in the pit,,,I'll have to take a look at the U2 avionics but of course it probably won't work in sfp-1 

The strike camera is not used for targeting. It is a camera recorder of tgt line up, bomb release, and tgt hit by weapon(s) for review post mission. It does not designate, laze, or lock a position for weapon guidance. Targeting pods are used like Pave Knife, Pave Spike, from the 60s and 70s era. Latter models are in use today such as Pave Tac, Pave Penny, Lantirn, and Sniper for present day 'smart weapons'/PGMs.

Interesting mount/mod for the Phantom and discussion piece. Good for real life tgt strike intel.......................No use for SF2 series/OK eye candy (just saying). Takes up a Sparrow hard point.   :scratch:  

Good hunting   :good:

Edited by NIELS

Just a little more stuff regarding some F-4 mods. Here is a little jewel for a camera idea, don't know if this has been modded yet for SF2 series. TISEO "Target ID System Electro-Optical" 'Long' range TV with magnification. Later used on the F-14 for visual ID of tgt before weapon release if required by ROE....................Just an idea.

post-903-0-58772500-1488696386_thumb.jpg

post-903-0-22613300-1488696392.jpg

post-903-0-96321000-1488696398.jpg

post-903-0-58044700-1488696403.jpg

Edited by NIELS

yes, TISEO works. iirc, the mirage factory's Tomcat has it. and someone (ravenclaw?) was working on the F-4 physical model (lod) some years ago that had it on the wing.

some of my F-4E´s have it and the camera works check my F-4E_USAF pack

Edited by ravenclaw_007

MF factory F-4's have had working TISEO for years now, just give your aircraft an EO camera like wrench said ( it doesn't even have to be a physical model , just a data ini entry) and add TV to your radar modes & that's about it........ I think.

I know right!

Strike camera only used for post mission analysis!

All the TISEO's on the F-4's work as EO cameras!