Hauksbee

How many of us still fly WOFF?

Herr Olham,

I hope I do not seem too forward, but try to take my advice, dear sir, and recall the Christmas of 1914.  As to family squabbles - not only do I remember it, I am living it with several of my children.  And you just never know...   Their grandmother could pass away, for that matter any of us could.  My door is open, but will they walk through it?

Merry Christmas to you, and to one and all!  May your homes be blessed with peace, love and hearty laughter, with good food, and great memories

A Happy and Memorable Christmas to you Human Drone .May your door be busy all day.

Thank you, my friend!  Very glad to "see" you (posting, that is) again!  How goes it with you?

And to you and all yours, the very best of Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Many thanks Human Drone.I had my 95th birthday last August and am doing pretty well really.I had a bout with cancer early this year but the medicos got on top of it pretty fast.There are a lot of very clever doctors out there.I still manage to get a flight in WOFF UE each morning.Mostly QC but the occasional campaign now and again.

Best wishes to you and your loved ones for a Bonzer Christms

Bonzer=Archaic Aussie slang for excellent.

That's very good to hear, my man.  Blessings to you, I hope you get on healthy past the ol' century mark!

On 13.12.2017 at 5:47 AM, hood said:

I had my 95th birthday last August and am doing pretty well really.

11 hours ago, HumanDrone said:

Blessings to you, I hope you get on healthy past the ol' century mark!

Same from me, Hood! You can do it - your generation was made from ironwood!
A neighbouress of my mum will soon get 101 years old, and she looks like she can make the next tenner full!

To all you old (and young) WOFFers around here still, and for you Eric and all the fellers at the forum command tower:

I wish you all a comfy and cosy Xmas, and sound and healthy and happy new year 2018! :bye:

Many thanks Olham and my best wishes to you and your loved ones for a memorable Christmas

Hi there again guys!! 

Well, I quit flying by the time OFF moved over to SimHQ. Since then I flew a bit RoF now and then but not anything serious. Got into aviation art creation a lot, which is my main hobby at the moment but lately, bought the WOFF:UE and started a Campaign over again, only to get me really frustrated with the rejected claims over and over again. I´m at my third pilot now, a total of 15-17 victories and a record breaking 100% rejected rate!!! Even with two witnesses and ground troops around, 2km from my own aerodrome!! 

Hey, iti - yes, like BBeard says: in this case I's use the "easy claims" variant.

On 12/18/2017 at 11:45 PM, hood said:

Many thanks Olham and my best wishes to you and your loved ones for a memorable Christmas

And best Xmas wishes to you also, Mr Hood over there in Sydney Oz. 

To Celebrate I am going to fly UE for the first time this new year and see how it goes.   Dangerous, I think!

And a very Happy New Year to you and your family Jim.Good luck for your next flight.

What has happened to Simhq?  The site is now unreadable.  Not that I care.

I had a terrible time with WOFF UE.  It would crash all the time so I decided to reinstall.  I then found my installations didn't work - they stopped at some sort of British Medal.  However, eventually I found a backup installation that actually worked.  Lots of crashes still so I reinstalled DirectX and C++ runtimes and at least I can now fly (sometimes).  The trick seems to be to do a QC until it starts flying then Quit that and go to the campaign. 

I also had fun and games with TrackIR - it didn't seem to want to load a driver at all.  Eventually at about the twentieth installation it actually worked.  TrackIR would run up and not find the hardware and the red led's didn't come on.  Now it seems to work again. 

The thing I don't like about all this is that I usually manage to fix things but can't remember what the latest try was or have any idea about why it suddenly worked.   Such is life with pooters....

After a couple of years' diversion with Dragon Age, Witcher, and Civ V and VI, I've decided to pick up the joystick once more.  I bought WOFF UE a while ago, played it a bit and eventually got distracted with the aforementioned games.  I just fired it up again and patched from 4.11 to 4.17.  Now I've got to relearn all the keymapping that I had set up - muscle memory, you know.  On the first mission, I mistakenly enlisted in a DH2 squadron outside of London.  Good for re-learning how to fly, but pretty lousy for re-learning how to dogfight.  I just retired after a 45 minute out-and-in flight (couldn't remember how to quit a mission) and reenlisted to a squadron in Flanders.  Can't wait to see what happens.  Of course, this all may come to a crashing halt if/when Mechwarrior V comes out...

Edited by NS13Jarhead

I thought I would start the easy way in a BE2c but the first time I tried to land it I crashed and died.  The second time I crashed and wrote off the aircraft but didn't die.  I seem to be a rotten pilot.  I suppose I could let it land itself under autopilot but that is cheating.  Maybe I'm using the wrong throttle setting or something like that.  As a proud ex-member of 4squadron RAF (with Harriers 1969-1973) I would like to fly the whole war with that squadron.  Could be a bit boring though, as they only flew BE's and RE's ...

On 11/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, Andy73 said:

I don't fly WOFF UE anymore, because I've lost my Copy on my External Hard-Drive. My Hard-Drive fell down from the Table and was "destroyed". Everything is lost on this HD. I do still own WOFF 2, but after Installing it on my brand new System (i7-7700k, ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and 16 GB RAM), WOFF was still stuttering. Always had technical Problems with WOFF on my different Computer-Systems.

But I still fly Campaigns in good old OFF Phase 3 and Rise of Flight with PWCG. And I still do also play Campaigns in IL2 Sturmovik 1946.

Very sad I can't Play WOFF UE anymore, I would for sure try to work with this very good Game, but as I said, my Copy of WOFF UE ist lost. So I play some "older" Flight-Sims, being happy with the things I have...

Andy im sure if you get in touch with support and give them your order number (should be in your email) then the guys at OBD (possibly for a small fee) could create a download link for you. Might be worth a try pal 

Good to still see some comments over here. I too have been away for a while RL keeping me busy.

I try and find time to fly at least once or more a week,still amazed at some of the things i continue to see in the sim.

Also the great mods that keep coming and coming (love JJJ,s mission editor) keep me entertained.

Good to see that your well Olham..and also to Keith (Hood) glad your well sir,my very best regards to yourself and your family.

Take care all :drinks:

Many thanks Adger and I hope and trust you and your family are all fit and well.Best regards.

Edited by hood

2 hours ago, hood said:

Many thanks Adger and I hope and trust you and your family are all fit and well.Best regards.

Thanks mate,yep all good here. All of us have had the "Flu" virus that hit the uk (put me out for 10 days).

Hope your enjoying flying Keith and im looking forward to OBD,s next project WOTR. Take care pal

Best Regards

I'm still here, sort of. I haven't been on for a few years, but now that I've got a joystick (a Saitek Evo, though it turns out that even though it's visually identical to the force-feedback saitek evo joystick I had some years ago, it ain't FF), I've started playing "Over Flanders Fields Between Heavn and Hell". I've no idea if that's Original OFF, OFF 2, OFF3 or WOFF or if OFF3 is WOFF,  all I do know is that I've got "OFF BHaH". I've also got the "Hat in the Ring" expansion pack and OFFice, both on discs, supplied by a member of (I think) another forum.

I'm not even sure I've installed "OFFice" correctly, as I've not seen any screencaps of it, and I'm not sure what it's supposed to do anyway.

Edited by seany65
Added new comment.

Sorry, I'd completely forgotten that any "OFF" is different from any "WOFF"! :blush:

I still do.  Because of experiences like this one.    

I am flying in a campaign (using the new test patch) and dog fighting a Roland.   Right after I (incorrectly) presume that the fight is over, my engine conks out.  Only at that moment do I realize it's not over.   What happens next is why I keep flying this sim. 

Not playing WoFF anymore. For somestrange reason I always had a problem that the game refusses to start and I did have to reinstall it back again. So I did get a little tired about that and went back to RoF that strangely after an absence of 4 years it still could run, while that game is on the same disc.  

During the last Blackfriday I went for the Samsung Odyssey+ and now I shutdown RoF & Woff complete, because there is no wayback after getting the taste of VR.  I’m now into Box-FC. 

I do hope one day OBD will introduce Woff-VR edition, lets start with one scout :-). Still miss the nice Woff members and the great campaign mode. 

Edited by Dutch_P47M

I've been away for about a year, not playing any games at all.  Anyway, I've finally got fed up with reading about Brexit so have reinstalled WOFF UE and the patch up to version 4.21.  I'm a bit out of practice and never was a good pilot anyway but will have another go.  :smile:

• Like 1