Heck

Prayers for the families and victims

My familiy's deepest sympathies for all those affected by mass killing in Las Vegas. 

Stupidest thing ever. Someone with an ax to grind (point to prove) and zero coping skills. Sad.

The loss of life is incredibly tragic and my thoughts and prayers goes out to everyone who suffered at the hands of this idiot.

@Erik Well said.

I've been following this story since 3 a.m this morning. Articles I was posting were getting outdated by the minute as new "facts and information" came in. I " " that because the sheriff would say one thing and then they'd cut away and say something completely different. And the victims count kept climbing to where it is now. 

sad and horrific news... prayers for the victims and families affected!

4 hours ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

A tragedy... 

but why prayers, ... after it? Doesn`t make sense to me sorry 

Because some people choose to pray. It's their choice. I acknowledge all beliefs, even if I don't personally practice them. My original post was merely an invitation to all to respond. My wife and stepson are Christians, I no longer am. We accept each other's beliefs. It seems useless to you, others take comfort in it. I don't judge them, neither does the great way...

Posting sympathies in internet-forums doesn't do anything good unless a member is affected. Prayers don't achieve anything either. Better gun laws do. Sems like about 80% of the american populace want stricter gun-laws based on common sense, as opposed to giveaways to the gun-lobby. Silencers - seriously?

Politicians "praying" and talking of "better times for that kind of discussion" (when exactly would that be ?) are insincere, morally wrong and weak. "If only we could do something". Yeah, if only you could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Internet forums are a way of getting the word out there, and keeping it out there. Personally, I write to my Congressional Representatives and Senators all the time, and I express my opinions in the voting booth. I write the Orange One on twitter every day, expressing my opinions, although, I'm sure, he doesn't read them, or care, although other people read them, and that's the point. He chose twitter as a presidential forum, so I use it to talk at him (like I said, I'm sure he doesn't listen). When it comes to people's reactions, or opinions on prayer, I sincerely don't give a shit. At least the common people who do it are attempting to show empathy for the victims, I value them for that, even if it's not my way of doing so.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Toryu said:

Silencers - seriously?

Is that a reference to the queen witches tweet ?  The same witch who didn't want to politicise a tragedy ?  BTW, it's suppressors, and I don't know if you've ever heard a weapon equipped with a suppressor being fired.....

Edited by Atreides

No, it's a reference to the bill that is supposed to legalize owenership of silencers (beyond the current boundaries), so that people can buy more useless stuff for their guns so they can be tacticool.

In other words: A noontime parkinglot handjob to the gun-lobby.