15 minutes ago, angelp said:

he smile of a happy plane :lol:

:haha::biggrin: This is super-duper What If aircraft!  I never told that it is bad one! But this is not X-32 :stars:

If to chose from listed aircrafts i d like to have

Grumman S-2 Tracker

The half of listed aircrafts i have already. Old models but anyway better than nothing. I understand that X-32 is not serial aircraft and no more persons interested to have it bur me. So as to my opinion let it be Grumman S-2 Tracker. But this is just personal wish. I can live without this aircraft too

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bazillius said:

The half of listed aircrafts i have already.

Really ? Are they , by chance , from Capun's website ? Nooooo? Then why aren't they in the SF1/2 download section ? :D

Now seriously, which ones, from the list you have. I ask that because if they exist already I have to eliminate them from the list. I am curious to hear your explanations, especially where do you have those half of the list planes from ?...:D

6 hours ago, simonmiller416 said:

def F-35s with new cockpit

Have you noticed this fragment ? :D

"I took a look to the newcomers inputs. First I have to say that there will be no cockpit here. Sorry. All veterans guys from here skilled in 3DMax I have asked and with cockpit building expertise are "taken" and swallowed, many times, by their projects, so no help here hence no , read my lips, cockpits. "

10 hours ago, UllyB said:

Really ? Are they , by chance , from Capun's website ?

Capun mostley converted free aircrafts from other projects so i cant say he did they themselves :biggrin:. And yes there was times i had connections with his aircrafts. There were many sites 16 years ago kinda Skunkwork, Column 5, InSkY etc so sure i have aircrafts from them. So they are unavailable now. Here is onlyone site now. I have kinda Mohawk (i was in time to download from the link abowe), C-2, F-94 Su-34 when they was possible to download. Now they are not available and will not. Something i did for myself something got from Capun. I play this game by years as others do. They are old and need to rebuild anyway. But if you shake other and torture the old-timers, you will see they have the same airplanes. Just look at the screenshots here. Not all planes are on the site, which you will see on the screenshot.

2 hours ago, Wilches said:

angelp, did you lost your SF-2 Tracker?

See? Somebody has SF-2 Tracker

Edited by bazillius

53 minutes ago, bazillius said:

Capun mostley converted free aircrafts from other projects so i cant say he did they themselves :biggrin:. And yes there was times i had connections with his aircrafts. There were many sites 16 years ago kinda Skunkwork, Column 5, InSkY etc so sure i have aircrafts from them. So they are unavailable now. Here is onlyone site now. I have kinda Mohawk (i was in time to download from the link abowe), C-2, F-94 Su-34 when they was possible to download. Now they are not available and will not. Something i did for myself something got from Capun. I play this game by years as others do. They are old and need to rebuild anyway. But if you shake other and torture the old-timers, you will see they have the same airplanes. Just look at the screenshots here. Not all planes are on the site, which you will see on the screenshot.

Ok, I see your point and you are mostly right. Now it's crystal clear. Thank you for clearing the matter for me.

I would love to see more 2-seater trainer aircraft. So, Hawker Hunter T7/T8 (finding a suitable cockpit from what is already available might be an issue with this one), Grumman F9F-8T, 2-seater EurofighterTyphoon, MiG-21U/US/UM, MiG-23U/UB, CASA C-101. I would be happy to see anyone of these.

• Like 1

There's a UB here (though it's SF1):

But I agree Svetlin, some more two-seaters would be cool

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

Hi, EricJ, yes, I am aware of the SFP1 MiG-23UB, however it has issues and is not on par even with the stock TW MiG-23s. Same with the SFP1 MiG-21UM.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wilches said:

angelp, did you lost your SF-2 Tracker?

NOp  Lost in the HDD withe the AR-234, half of the UH-60 family MI-28 and all of the ships :censored:

• Sad 5

26 minutes ago, Svetlin said:

Hi, EricJ, yes, I am aware of the SFP1 MiG-23UB, however it has issues and is not on par even with the stock TW MiG-23s. Same with the SFP1 MiG-21UM.

Oh okay. I think I had it too sometime and got rid of it for some reason, okay no problem then

Just an update for the list:

- Grumman S-2 Tracker

- Grumman E-1 Tracer

- Canadair CL-215

- MIG-19S Farmer-C

- North American AJ Savage

- North American X-15

- F-94 Starfire

- Convair F2Y Sea Dart

- SNCASE Baroudeur

- KAI KF-21 Boramae

- Training Jaguar

- Training SU-15

- F-35 Lightning II

- Mirage G8

- YF-17

- De Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou

- SU-34

- Hawker Hunter T7

- Hawker Hunter T8 (interesting plane!)

- F9F-8T Cougar

- Training Eurofighter Typhoon

- Casa C-101 Aviojet (Interestiiiiiing)

- MiG-21U/US/UM

- MiG-23U/UB

PS - in my opinion I don't think we should concentrate on training planes of some ...existing already in CombatAce data base planes, opposed to "new" planes which would be created. If there is a majority who sees things different, I would like to hear the arguments. Also paths would part at some point , when we have to choose between  "new" planes and "remakes" of older planes. So I suggest you take these factors into consideration when you make a proposition. Just an observation.

Also I think it would be a good idea someone to make a current "map" of what type of planes modders, here, are working to, in the present, and what stage are the project in. This way we, all, would have a view of what is created here and what should be next. Just an opinion.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UllyB said:

I don't think we should concentrate on training planes

I am not a majority but I really think a single seater Hunter and a two seater Hunter are not the same aircraft at all. Even if only the nose is different.
Imagine Lightning T4 and T5... :wub:

Trainers don't really represent any interest game-wise.
But, some of them are really beautiful planes (Jaguar B/T2, TF-104G, Mirage F1B, Su-22 UM3K, Mitsubishi T-2, F-5B, and many others...).
I edited the files of the old TF-104G to fly from the back seat and that is really fun. Same with the MiG-15 UTI,  MiG-21 UM.
And some aircrafts are modeled this way, FastCargo's F-5B and T-38, the Mirage 4000B.
Go download the Mirage 4000 M2 and try to land on an aircraft carrier from the back seat ^^
It's totally different when you launch the SF2 game as a flight simulator and not as an aerial warfare game.
Then, if we had the "Hunter T7 with the proper cockpit" I would fly it just to fly from A to B and land and take off and land somewhere else. Yes Strike Fighter is my Flight Simulator xD
Thing is, it doesn't really work without a specific cockpit, because Mirage F1 or MiG-15 are "the same" from the front seat, and you don't have the guns.
So I agree not to concentrate on trainers and yet we should make more of them.

Speaking about cockpit, I'd like to underline that the F-94C Starfire already has a dedicated cockpit made by Stary more than 7 years ago.

And I'd like to volunteer to make the data.ini file for the Canadair CL-215 to make it seaworthy.
The CL-415 looks meaner !

Edited by Cliff7600
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cliff7600 said:

I would fly it just to fly from A to B and land and take off and land somewhere else.

Ha! I am not alone.

The CL-415 looks meaner !

Every seaplane looks mean. 

Jaguar B/T2, TF-104G

:wink: :wink: we will get there...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

Ha! I am not alone.

i start the game do a flight with An-26, An-12, add some hellicopters start the game tap f12 and have morning coffee

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cliff7600 said:

So I agree not to concentrate on trainers and yet we should make more of them.

I guess, in the end you saw it my way :). However I read you and I understand your plea (I, personally like the aestethics of training planes, too), but as I stated, at some point some path must part...because we have to...choose the "greater good". :)

Changing the subject my sources told me that revamping MIG23U/UB and MIG21U/UM  projects are in current development so part of your wish will be granted. "When" is the only element you have to concentrate about now:)

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UllyB said:

because we have to...choose the "greater good". :)

I think you need to cut of not serial model than kinda North American X-15, Convair F2Y Sea Dart,  Mirage G8, YF-17 and future aircraft KAI KF-21 Boramae  but leave training

1 hour ago, bazillius said:

I think you need to cut of not serial model than kinda North American X-15, Convair F2Y Sea Dart,  Mirage G8, YF-17 and future aircraft KAI KF-21 Boramae  but leave training

Could you rephrase please ? I'm not sure I follow...

I believe bazillius means that if we are to choose between trainers and prototype aircraft and X planes, then trainers should win the vote and I agree with him on that point. I also agree that in the end the winner should not be some obscure model with limited use, but one that will be interesting and usefull to most members here. Also I would vote for a model, that can be made accurate with minimum compromise within the available resources. Let's take the Su-34 as an example. I would love to have it in game, but first we have the cockpit issue - a Su-34 with F-111 or B-1B cockpit - no, thanks, I'd rather have something else. Then we also have the various pylon and rail taypes used on the Su-34 for A2A, A2G missiles, bombs, drop tanks, etc. I doubt many modders would be interested and would spend the time needed to model all correct pylons and rails for the Su-34 and having bombs loaded on missile rails or missiles on bomb pylons is a no-go for me. In other words, I would perefer something less complicated, but accurately modeled, than something very complicated, but inaccurate or highly compromised.

Edited by Svetlin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Svetlin said:

I believe bazillius means that if we are to choose between trainers and prototype aircraft and X planes, then trainers should win the vote and I agree with him on that point. I also agree that in the end the winner should not be some obscure model with limited use, but one that will be interesting and usefull to most members here. Also I would vote for a model, that can be made accurate with minimum compromise within the available resources. Let's take the Su-34 as an example. I would love to have it in game, but first we have the cockpit issue - a Su-34 with F-111 or B-1B cockpit - no, thanks, I'd rather have something else. Then we also have the various pylon and rail taypes used on the Su-34 for A2A, A2G missiles, bombs, drop tanks, etc. I doubt many modders would be interested and would spend the time needed to moddle all correct pylons and rails for the Su-34 and having bombs loaded on missile rails or missiles on bomb pylons is a no-go for me. In other words, I would perefer something less complicated, but accurately moddled, than something very complicated, but inaccurate or highly compromised.

Amen.

And I repeat myself again, at this point that we have plenty of goodies in the game. I prefer quality rather than quantity. I do not want 69 new aircraft I would rather have one but delicious. 

And honestly, If I do not have a cockpit for mod I do not install the mod -(with few exceptions for some heavies..and if it is for the red side) but this is my approach.

• Like 3

Sorry to be late :biggrin:

My suggestion, the Mirage 2000D and N deserve a brand new 3D model.

• Like 5

The F-16XL could use a new one too, to be late as well. The cockpit is there fortunately but a better external model would be nice.

• Like 2

This one looks funny and the red side need some transport planes urgently.

1280px-Ukraine_National_Guard_Antonov_An

An-72 (military) or An-74 (civil) are more or less the same planes. Its a common transport plane in the Ukraine and Russia.

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 2