Nothing special, but to keep the skin requests for texture artists/skinners consolidated in one topic, so we're not posting all over the place. Just post your request here, and a neighborhood skinner will come by and will help you out. NOTE: This isn't an aircraft request thread...

• Like 4

Let me be the first, with this very cool skin for the F-16.

Bild1.jpg.a39ba8e9b336943f90dddfbefdf2da5c.jpg

• Like 3

Which F-16 though? The Viper Team one, or the 3W one? Or doesn't it matter?

• Like 1

given timeframe, appendages and unit, i'd say the F-16CM Block 50.  so Viper Team

and before you all start looking at me, it looks wicked. but i wont be touching that anytime soon.  i  like to cyclie between types and am going to be on a Warthog kick for the near future

Yeah I can't do it, the template isn't that great on the Viper Team (even though it's a ravenclaw one), and I don't have the TW Template either, so I'm out.

Hi, does anyone have FA-18E_BlkII skins for VFA-83 Rampagers and VFA-131 Wildcats? I could really use them to complete the USN Carrier Air Wing 3.

Edit: Or if anyone has the template for the great Gunslinger skin, I could make these two and upload them

Edited by littlesmoke

No, nobody did them. SidDogg may have done something but I'm not sure. The skin template however is in the Downloads section though.

Edited by EricJ

I remember this Mirage III from the Jane's days, but I haven't seen it in SF.

image.jpeg.720ddd266931579a3391ca9543536490.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks to Wrench, this topic is now pinned, so it doesn't get lost in the normal topics. Again this is for skins only, not aircraft requests.

• Like 1

Not a full-blown skin request but does anyone have a sharkmouth for the ThirdWire F-4E (i.e. F-4E-35) with the short fairing? Either as a decal or perhaps as a layer on a template. Cheers.

On 19/02/2024 at 7:23 PM, Nightshade/PR said:

I remember this Mirage III from the Jane's days, but I haven't seen it in SF.

image.jpeg.720ddd266931579a3391ca9543536490.jpeg

We had it for SF1, by MarcFighters, but is no more available, unfortunately (with a lot of other interesting things).

229195_275114962589810_318311219_n.jpg

• Sad 2

I was wondering if someone could do skins for the following F-16's of the 184th Tactical Fighter Group, Kansas Air National Guard located at McConnell AFB.

F-16A Block 1 & Block 10

F-16C Block 25

F-16D Block 25

I have skins for them during their F-105D/F, F-4D, and B-1B days...would love to see some of their F-16's in the skies of SF2.

I can provide reference pictures of them. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Daddyairplanes might have done them already, or not if they're in the Downloads section.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CSomers611 said:

I was wondering if someone could do skins for the following F-16's of the 184th Tactical Fighter Group, Kansas Air National Guard located at McConnell AFB.

I have skins for them during their F-105D/F, F-4D, and B-1B days...would love to see some of their F-16's in the skies of SF2.

I can provide reference pictures of them. Thanks in advance.

ref pics would be helpful

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Daddyairplanes might have done them already, or not if they're in the Downloads section.

theres some for Block 10 (i think ) in the gen 1 section but they really really show their age

i have them in the pipeline, but honestly probably will be next year at earliest. the Recce Phantoms have my summer, and i have a few Viper units ahead of Kansas (including the 363rd, which was mixed F-16/RF-4 through most of the 80s)

i also offer mentoring services if you want to try your hand at skinning and decalling :biggrin:

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

theres some for Block 10 (i think ) in the gen 1 section but they really really show their age

i have them in the pipeline, but honestly probably will be next year at earliest. the Recce Phantoms have my summer, and i have a few Viper units ahead of Kansas (including the 363rd, which was mixed F-16/RF-4 through most of the 80s)

i also offer mentoring services if you want to try your hand at skinning and decalling :biggrin:

I don't do many decals really, as I do them for the USN Super Hornets, that's about as far as I go, and for the Aussie Supers as well. I know enough to look believable, but I think I'll be alright :biggrin: I mean I do decals as necessary, but sometimes I don't like them due to how they look sometimes.

• Haha 1

the mentoring skins /decals  was directed more at CSomers than you.  i do believe youre tolerably qualified to make skins and things :biggrin:

Oh, seemed you were talking to me, but okay :biggrin:

3 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

ref pics would be helpful

I’ll upload some more reference pictures tomorrow. As for Block 10 F-16A’s…. There’s a few options in the SF2 F-16 addon aircraft section. I’ll look but I believe I’m using one of those very ones in my game currently.

I’m looking into how to possibly try my hand at making them myself but I know I won’t do them the justice starting out hence my request.

I’ve included 2 pictures of the 184th TFG CO’s F-16A Block 10 in 1988/1989 I believe.

IMG_3030.jpeg

IMG_3029.jpeg

Does anyone have a template for the F-16’s?

I started small today and made decals….even more amazingly they show up in game!

I’m thinking about trying my hand at a few skins but know I don’t have the skill yet to make a template.

For which F-16? The Viper Team ones? If so I can hook you up

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

like the man said, which ones?

got team viper and third wire  as well as base templates for tail decals and numbers.

more importantly, you using GIMP or Photoshop?

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

For which F-16? The Viper Team ones? If so I can hook you up

I believe the A model is TW and the others at Viper Team’s.

I found a file in one of the repaints in my F-16CM_B42 folder which allowed me to do a quick run in GIMP and get a quick tail done for the 422nd TES. 

Now I need to figure out how to do the tail numbers so I can do correct tail numbers and squadron markings.

26 minutes ago, CSomers611 said:

Now I need to figure out how to do the tail numbers so I can do correct tail numbers and squadron markings.

download a free font , USAAF Stencil or AmarilloUSAF

will send you a template package in PM tomm, TW and Team Viper. in that will also be a tail number template but you need to have the fonts to make it work

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CSomers611 said:

I believe the A model is TW and the others at Viper Team’s.

I found a file in one of the repaints in my F-16CM_B42 folder which allowed me to do a quick run in GIMP and get a quick tail done for the 422nd TES. 

Here's the Viper Team birds, I don't have any TW templates however.

Viper Team Fighting Falcon.7z

finally sent as promised (so i get up late in the day usually:dntknw:)

Eric, im swipin' a couple layers off yours. the falcon logo will make life a little easier for one Wing's worth :biggrin:

• Like 1