Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. Those are some beautiful skins though.
  2. Already approved
  3. Something to consider when posting requests and projects: 1. Not everybody will jump in on your request, whether it's for a team or for help (which depends on what kind of help you do need). We all have lives, and so it's up to a Modder to devote some time and help for you and such. It's basically up to them. 2. A lot of modders here are self-made; they did all the work and stuff, and will generally decide whether to help you. 3. Ripped models or otherwise is a zero tolerance affair. Normally if you state that to effect, you could be banned without notice (you'll find out basically), but exceptions (usually with a single warning, and that's it) do exist depending on the context of the post. Again we don't deal with ripped models on this site as a whole, so make sure that it's legit and you are welcome here. 4. Realize that a lot have been here throughout the years, and with a respectful attitude, you can solicit help and they will reach out in their way (post on a forum topic, DM, and so on) to help you out. 5. None of us get paid to do this work. I know in my limited experience I paid for a model to be worked on. If you legitimately paid for it, make sure to cover all your bases with an email if you have questions about licenses and what they mean. Some modellers don't mind you porting it, with the caveat that it can't be ripped by other people. Make sure that the site offers legit models, as some are known to be ripped models. If I miss anything (as this topic will be locked to you (other than Staff) but if you feel it's confusing or needs some more stuff, let me know and I'll modifiy the topic to fix it as this is what I could come up from my old brain.
      • 7
      • Like
      • Thanks
  4. I'm thinking of creating a post with this type of information for modders who just joined, so they know the Ground Rules of what to expect when showing up on this site and this forum in particular.
  5. Okay got a weirdish request for a standalone MQ-17. Right now it's done, had nothing else going on, but overall it's just all of the variants in the Helicopter Pack, just it's own mod. I don't know if I want to remove the MQ-17 from the Helicopter pack, for duplicate work, but I did find some stuff that I need to clean up in the Helicopter Pack though, but that's just a minor edit. The second thing is that if I tell you I'm not interested, don't keep persisting. Somebody in my DMs wanted some commissioned work to do for me, and frankly I'm not in the need for it. I got enough on my plate, and No means No. So I blocked him and moved on. People just don't accept that people don't always need. Anyway for Sunday: - Flanker562 MQ-17 - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters I still gotta look iinto a more pronounced muzzle flash though for the DSHKM
  6. Due to a player request (and something I needed to do anyway, which I forgot about), the turret assembly on the MQ-17 is functional now, and uses a laser designator too. Also, I increased the pylon weight limit, so now you can use, at a minimum, the gun pod from the A-143 Buzzard, yeah, that 20mm gun pod. It looks kinda funky, but it looks okay on the drone, so why not? So this Sunday: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Taliban Fighters
  7. Don't feel bad, we are all learning things about the game even though we've spent years playing and modding it.
  8. Not much on the horizon right now, as I "reset" the file system for the AIM-120s from Nightstorm's mod, input my values, and cleared some easy notations. Right now, it's just waiting to see how it works out with ED and such, if they'll either redo the system or fix their screwup. Either way, I'll just fall on what somebody has done, since I don't terribly know what I'm doing totally, and just trying to figure out what to do (and what not to do) with the files. Since it doesn't work overall, I don't know if the values are good or not. Nightstorm did a good mod, so going to have to play it by ear. Also, I'm not adding any other missiles, since I don't know Blender that well (need to get on it) and have no real motivation, just the AIM-120s since I fly the Hornet/Growler.
  9. Yeah I like to play it as the Lord intended for most of the settings though, never did Easy, maybe when I first started or something.
  10. Isn't there an Easy setting? I assume there is, guess not.
  11. I would think it would be the Radar Dislay settings in Options, but I play HARD so that might affect it.
  12. I mean I think my GBU-38 has an inert version, nut all I know that they're all live ones, but the little USN/USAF/USMC training bombs come to mind, but I don't know the names of them. And some LGB training rounds exist too I believe.
  13. Okay thanks to Null045 I fixed the issue for the MQ17. That now lifts without issues (just a simple Geometry LOD fix). I gave the UAS more lifting ability, I inherited and didn't complete the config entry to fit the original helicopter's capabilities, which will be present this Sunday. I managed to get the muzzleflash for the DSHKM working, so that's done, might need to make a bigger one, I don't know, I don't see many people using it, and adjusted the LOD values so you can see it at least 40m away, which is good for hunting it and such for missions. Other than that Ineed to fix some things on the MG, but that's so far this week for mods.
  14. Yeah no, if it's not used without permission that's a hard no. It's better in the long run (piracy of any kind is zero tolerance) to create a bird from scratch and save all the legal hassle for those who want to make one. But if you can prove that it's legit then yeah, but this site has zero tolerance for any kind of ripped models.
  15. I recommend practicing with them, to get a good idea on how they operate (if you can, get the Range terrain), but it just homes in on the target, either the objective target. Or if you have a targeting pod, targets of opportunity. Unfortunately it's not as complex as DCS World, but it generally hits the target.
  16. Been busy this weekend for commitments and for my Mom, who is still with me. Anyway, the update is out and people will check out the UAS helo hopefully. I have no plans for a UCAV of sorts, and tried to bring in a Grey Hawk, as a friend was going to help me out but kinda dropped the ball. So I've largely dropped it, as I was going to give it for the 160th, since they operate them real-world. I don't know if I can make a similar drone by myself, I'm not real confident designing stuff, and the MQ-17 is alright I guess. Anyway, nothing planned unless something happens between now and then, but I'm sure to find something, like maybe fixing the muzzleflash on the DSHKA, since I figured that most players wouldn't be firing it, but we'll see this week.
  17. Watched that one yesterday, was pretty interesting how they implemented it and such.
  18. A new episode of For Whom the Bell Tolls is posted, start anew or catch up: https://bit.ly/4tbZws0
  19. Try the Knowledge Base: https://combatace.com/forums/forum/349-strike-fighters-knowledge-base/
  20. Flanker562 Helicopter Pack RC195 - Standard MQ-17 can lift 500kg now, don't know why it was set to 50kg - Added a requested (from Helldiver on the Steam page) "UH-60M UAS" troop carrying version, can be used as a drone, but can carry troops as well, up to 12. It can be found in the US Army/Drones menu in the Editor.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..