Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,428
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. Well needless to say take it easy and such, hopefully you'll recover quickly.
  2. Yeah you can't do any special modes given game mechanics, but that's about the simplest thing you can use in the game. And no problem
  3. SF2 doesn't model them like DCS in a way, you gotta aim actually at the threat and make your attack, it's point and shoot more or less.
  4. Looking like I'm going to spend some time working on the weapons pack this week. I added 7-round mags for the ACP2-CP and tweaked a couple of scospes, which works better with head trackers, not so close up, kinda like the stock RCO. I will probably do the "UH-80D" as that is just a config entry more or less. Everything else is just not worth working on so next Sunday: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Weapon Pack
  5. Whoops! Didn't check the seating of the weapons on the Ka-125 pylons, so that's for next Sunday
  6. Okay, now that this Sunday's updates are out, I'm teasing the idea of a "UH-80D", which is just a reconfigured UH-80 with the datalink options enabled. I don't know how necessary it really is since it already has a basic system, so maybe it just receives through the base Helicopter_H, but getting it to do more is an option I'm willing to pursue. I am waiting on the A3 massive sample release from BIS for more stuff, mainly models, as I plan to make my own version of the MXAR from the Expeditionary Forces CDLC, since TGS won't release the editable rifle, which is up to them anyway. It's such a good weapon that I just use the EF CDLC when I absolutely want to use it, like for the Pilot missions and stuff. Anyway, not much on the horizon unless there's something that needs tweaking. And how things go with me, probably something will need working on.
  7. A new episode of For Whom the Bell Tolls is posted, start anew or catch up: https://bit.ly/4tbZws0 #sciencefiction #militarysf
  8. Formatting dude, just use regular text
  9. Okay well, gotcha
  10. Points taken yakarov79, and I can't disagree. It's just the reflection that when people abuse a system, we had to make the changes to charge for unlimited access to mods. As he pointed out, the modders here do this for free, and my limited experience doing a mod meant me paying nearly 80 dollars for the base 3D model. Thankfully we all got it going and it's available for free. I still pay for unlimited downloads as a means to help the site stay afloat, since I've been here since how long. So yeah, there's a way to get free downloads without being "behind a paywall" and such, and the fact that nobody takes the time to research how it works, does speak volumes though.
  11. Flanker562 Wipeout Skins RC18 - Re-added the "SAFE" option to the jets, now that it works again. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667732385 ADuke Kiowa Warrior RC26 - Fixed pylon height, should seat properly now - Now by default spawns with two M229 Rocket pods - Added pylon proxies to Fire Geometry - Added some needed geometry lods to the M299 racks, enhancing detail. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3324552051 ADuke's UH-1Y Venom RC26 - Fixed the ability for AI units to occupy the Door gunner slots when part of a four-man team of pilots/crew. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667728800 AH-1Z RC27 - Enhanced 3D models of the M299 and Hellfire models, as well as the AH-1Z, adding needed geometries and other touch-ups. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1515670051 Flanker562 Helicopter Pack RC192 - With help from the Arma Discord, managed to improve the Ka-125. It now features pylon weapons, and also removed the additional slots that showed up in the Eden Editor and Arsenal in the game. - Hellfire/Rattler racks now have Fire Geometries - M134s and M240 door guns now have a SAFE feature, simply use F to change the modes (default keybind) - "Russian Federation" renamed to "Russian Armed Forces", and now appears in Zeus (thanks to C. Eagle pointing out an error I had made that was causing it) as intended. - Added needed geometries for the weapons, with particular emphasis on the M299 racks https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667709746
  12. I would think that the game engine would have to support it too, not so much just a 3D mesh. I mean 2AR is allowed because the game "recognizes" that type of rack. So you can't just introduce (Unless somebody like Eagle114th does some magic) a new rack and the game actually go with it too.
  13. Okay it seems that currently the modded missiles are still broken, as a quick check on the DCS Discord verified. It's getting close to the next patch, and hopefully they'll figure out the issue and fix it, hopefully. Anyway SkateZilla has an essential no-DM policy, mainly because he's busy, so there's that. So I'll have to wait until the missiles magically work again, hopefully.
  14. I recently got this over a week ago, and for those who are on a budget, and looking for a head/eye tracking solution, this might help out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2375780/Beam_Eye_Tracker/ It's fairly easy to use and uses a webcam (inbuilt or external, perfect for laptops and stuff) that you supply. The benefit is that it works like TrackIR, for like SF2 which doesn't have that many keybinds anyway, allows you to customize the keys and stuff, so you'll be able to use it in Strike Fighters 2. It works for other games too (I use it for Arma 3 and DCS World), and is better than trying to use some janky setup to get something to expand the horizons and viewing of game stuff. Just set it up, it auto detects your webcam and so on, so I would recommend it. The Demo is good, but the only issue I had after using it was that it didn't recognize my payment for the full version (which is 30 dollars before tax). It is Steam based, but if you're looking for a system to work with SF2, this might be the option for you.
      • 2
      • Thanks
      • Like
  15. Managed to update the M299 racks on the Kiowa, adding more geometry LODs to it to flesh it out and give it some more oomph when used by the game and such. Overall there's not much needed to work on, I think I got most of the work done earlier this week, and now it's just cruising until Sunday and go from there at least (I say that today anyway)
  16. I'm not playing Arma Reforger, I play Arma 3
  17. That's Erik's problem to figure out, not mine, I'm just a meek Moderator.
  18. "If it's not in the system, it doesn't exist." Librarian in Star Wars. If it's not in the files, maybe somebody has one, but if it's not in the Downloads, it doesn't exist.
  19. Updated the Hellfire rack on the AH-1Z, improving geometries for it, and other additions. So Sunday: - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - ADuke UH-1Y - ADuke Kiowa - Flanker562 Wipeout - AH-1Z
  20. Worked on some of the M299 models today, adding shadows and some Fire and Geometries to the models. Overall a lot of the models for the weapons (the ATACMS just exists due to it's size and stuff), but overall do have some stuff worked out for the Flanker562 Helicopter Pack. Most of the rest is complete for the other mods, so I don't need to mess with them that much as they're ready for uploading.
  21. Lol what have I gotten myself into here... Just like... Okay
  22. I guess the mini updates and the like are working, so I gave the Kiowa by default HE rocket pods, I may switch to the gun prior to release this Sunday, but I did fix the pylons and stores below the pylons, so that should work out better. Also added the pylon proxies to the Fire Geometry, so that's another mod to upload Sunday, so far: - ADuke Kiowa - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Wipeout - ADuke UH-1Y
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..