Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,431
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. That's how the site is setup, you can wait 15 days after two comments to get two FREE downloads per day. Or you can pay a subscription for access to files sooner. We've had a lot of incidents so this is what Erik came up with.
  2. Hello! Kinda in the wrong topic, but nice to meet you!
  3. I don't remember seeing them, or maybe they had images with them when we were going through the files earlier this year to fix the images. I think it would be cool to put that flyer up though, it is an interesting bird for the game.
  4. I mean good to know, if Godzilla is playing with his dolls, I'll not talk or text either.
  5. I had some japanese hex editor called stir120 and I think I don't have it. What you need to do is find the 3d model of the plane, and look for the textures (it shows up as text, in a format that you gotta scroll to find the textures. You simply text edit the entries (carefully, or you might mess it up) for the model to accept new textures. I did that for Flanker 2.51 back in the day for custom textures on missiles and other stuff. it's recommended to back up the files. I'm sure a Google search will turn up Hex Editor and such to do it.
  6. Been flying the new MH-80 and I have to say there is little difference from the UH-80 that it's derived from. The only noticeable thing is of course the spots for the operators to hang outside the doors (two on each side, for a total of four). Oddly, or maybe that's a feature, not a bug, but the cargo automatically goes to the cargo seats rather than the FFV positions like on my helos. I don't know if that will be an issue with the game, it does somewhat make the troops less vunlerable to enemy fire, with the exception of the FFV slots. Gameplay is pretty much the same, other than that for the Pilot missions you can't assign the nose thingie to the Co-Pilot, which it should by default in my opinion, but overall not much difference in handling, but it does seem to lift a GMV pretty well, better than the UH-80's anemic engines.
  7. Now available for download (User Files): https://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3350850/
  8. Still nice work though, but I was never a proponent of decals myself though, always preferred the skin. Though I admit I'm kinda interested in the F-100, looks kinda neat of a plane
  9. Yeah fair, but I understand the author community doesn't do gaming handles, so there's that too. I mean it's needless to say two different worlds I work in, so it's best to keep them separate as much as possible, though I think I'm known more as an author here by my tag than elsewhere, and that's fine.
  10. I don't associate my handle with my books, so that's definitely why. Now if you typed in Eric Johnson, MilitarySF Author then you'd find out, but nah, I keep them separate from each other.
  11. It's fairly accurate more or less, but it doesn't go that far because I recently changed back to Flanker562 from EricJ, so I'm sure if I looked up my old handle I'd find more, but this will suffice for now. I used to moderate for Eagle Dynamics when they were still on Ubisoft as a publisher, and changed when ED got their own forums and so on. I'm making some changes in my life so I felt that Flanker562 was more appropriate, and so on.
  12. Right now I did create a new UAV Operator unit for the Better Infantry Squad mod. I needed it for a mission I worked on, and to give the BLUFOR an enhanced unit for gameplay. It's not much compared to the stock UAV Operator, but it does have better "sight", so I guess that would help in a fight or two. Other than that he's just like any other UAV Operator that comes with the game.
  13. View File Flanker562 AIM-120D Fixed by darkcode on the Eagle Dynamics Forum, this allows the AIM-120B to redesigned as an AIM-120D, with the range increased over the AIM-120C and so on. Right now it uses the old Nightstorm CLSID, so this can work as a lead in to replace that mod, by somebody who can support the mod in the future, as well as helping keep it up to date with new improvements, and the like. Credits go to darkcode (His Discord name is too NSFW to credit here) for fixing the files, and Nightstorm for the AIM-120D specs. It would be recommended to use a Mod Manager, or simply paste the files (overwrite if needed) into the main install directory. Submitter Flanker562 Submitted 07/15/2026 Category DCS / LOMAC Object Mods  
  14. Version 1.0.0

    4 downloads

    Fixed by darkcode on the Eagle Dynamics Forum, this allows the AIM-120B to redesigned as an AIM-120D, with the range increased over the AIM-120C and so on. Right now it uses the old Nightstorm CLSID, so this can work as a lead in to replace that mod, by somebody who can support the mod in the future, as well as helping keep it up to date with new improvements, and the like. Credits go to darkcode (His Discord name is too NSFW to credit here) for fixing the files, and Nightstorm for the AIM-120D specs. It would be recommended to use a Mod Manager, or simply paste the files (overwrite if needed) into the main install directory.
  15. So far I haven't peered into the hood of the new patch, instead leaving it alone until it's released to Main Branch, then I'll look into pylon assignments and stuff like that. The plan is to modify the MH-92 DAP by adding the ECM stuff to the wings, and that's pretty much it. I'll look into the Chero/Battlehawk and implement that nose thingamabob and ECM wingtip stuff, but that's for the future, not this week. Also, I fixed the RVMATs for the XX-92s, removing the armored plate RVMAT, which I think is affecting the birds because they absorb way too much damage compared to vanilla helicopters. I know I've taken .50 cal damage, and nothing happens. I've been playing the Pilot missions and get shot up a lot, but with no appreciable damage. When I update the Helicopter Pack when the new patch comes out, we can see if it helps with damage absorption beyond my tests in various missions.
  16. I'm for now holding off on the MH-80 uploads of the mod, which will feature the two new helicopters for the Pilot misisons. They're only available via the RC Branch, and so right now the classname will remain the same in the mod, so switching to the new version of the helicopter will be little change, just the model and such. Overall I could make missions (was about to), but given the new RC Branch updates, it remains to be seen when the new patch (2.22) will hit the main branch, so we'll see when it is updated, and will update the Helicopter Pack accordingly. But for now the missions will stay as posted on the Workshop.
  17. With the new MH-80s coming to Arma 3 (you can check them out in the RC Branch), I'll be redoing the Pilot MH-80 versions to use the newer MH-80 Assault and DAP versions instead of the current ones. I can't update the missions now, but I will in the future when they hit the Main Branch, as the RC build is experimental only, not published to the Main Branch. So that's what's going on now. It should also be noted that sometimes I'm too tired or uninterested in filling out the Changelogs for the missions; I wish I did, but maybe I'll make more of an effort down the road if it matters. So far, I hope you all who play them enjoy them as much as I do.
  18. Right now, the only "work" I've done on the Flanker562 Helicopter Pack is integrating the new vanilla MH-80s into the TF160 faction. Given that it's CTRG and somewhat NATO, I figured, what the hell, just add them to the listing for gameplay reasons. The original iteration of the MH-80 was a modded Ghost Hawk, so I can use the newer models when they hit Main Branch. Right now, my game is the RC branch for the helos, so essentially I can hold off until the RC branch can become the new 2.22 update, whenever that releases. So I think... I can use a Fast Rope script on the new bird without issue; I'll have to look into that shortly on my own time. But they're integrated into the mod, and when the new patch releases, I'll update the Helicopter Pack unless a major fix is needed for the mod.
  19. Well, looks like some edits by a user (darkcode on the DCS forums; his Discord name is a little NSFW) on the CJS Super Hornet forum figured out the issue with the borking of the Modern Missile Mod and currenthill's AIM-174B. So, after using darkcode's and Nightstorm's edits for accuracy and the like, I have a mod that works decently. Most of the stuff is from Nightstorm's mod, but it still seems like it was vanilla stuff, like textures and models. So it'll be uploaded to the User Files shortly, but remember that this an AIM-120D mod and not for any other missiles, so if you're expecting me to redo some mods, no, I just like to focus on a missile that can reach out and touch somebody while me and my WSO chill in our Growler.
  20. More or less this week I want to focus on mission work, mainly Pilot missions. I don't have the gumption to create a series of scenarios based on a storyline, but I like flying more than I like missions that require actual thought and killing. So anyway, I am looking for another; Lythium came to mind, and I may look into it as a possible addition to the mission map list. I always am on the lookout for large maps, so if you have a recommendation, I can look at it and go from there, now that the old code that RobJ is basically flexible use. I teased the idea of an OPFOR-themed mission, but the PO-30 is the only one I can think of. I may add the Ka-145 or -152 to that mission to assist if you're not able to do it with the PO-30. More or less, I need ideas, and that would help, such as tasks to perform on the mission and so on. I'm always around most of the time, so drop a line if you've got a burning missive for me.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..