Crusader

TW A-4F Skyhawk tweaks .. and fixes...

Thats with latest (June July 2013) game version.

SF2 ...the default A-4F_74.ini refers to the A-4F_cockpit.ini. (BUG)

It should use its own A-4F_74_Cockpit.ini. 

With the correct ini, you will get the nice chaff/flare control box on the left panel cover...

The counters in the cockpit ini for it are set up for two chaff dispensers (wrong)

TW default A-4F_74 data has two dispensers, one for chaff and the other for flares (not both for chaff as on the A-4F)

- change A-4F_74.ini to use A-4F_74_Cockpit.ini ( set the file to "read only" after editing or the game will reset it to the default version eventually )

I have made edits to the A-4F and A-4F_74 cockpit inis, using the ini files edited by Nyghtfall who has added working gear and hook handles :

( ini's come with his excellent cockpit repaint http://combatace.com/files/file/15879-thirdwire-a-4f-and-a-4f74-cockpit-repaint/ )

+ corrected chaff/flare counter entries for the A-4F_74 (one counter for chaff, one for flares)

+ added entry for the ECM Control knob, will switch from "Rec" to "Rpt" if ECM is turned on

+ ECM box, "Rec" light, new function, now works as Type=THREAT_SAM_WARNING_LIGHT . Thats the normal operating setting of the ECM, light indicates that

emissions are received and ECM can be switched to transmit.

+ Spoilers Indicator light - changed entry to use external animation link function, now the spoiler light works correctly (gears extended and ground contact, airbrake extended)

Updated ini files : Updated A-4F COCKPIT ini files.zip

post-2042-0-72921200-1453322920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 8

And we continue...

Moved the chaff control box up a little bit, into a more correct place according to reference photos

Updated A-4F_74_Cockpit ini which includes all the other edits: A-4F_74_COCKPIT.zip

All the edits can be applied to other TW Skyhawk cockpits who have the spoilers, ECM and Chaff boxes.

post-2042-0-07952500-1453327845.jpg

• Like 8

Excellent Work!

The AN/ALE-39 Counter Measure Dispenser System (CMDS) is capable of carrying up to 60 chaff, flare and/or radar jammer expendables.The countermeasure material may be ejected in single or multiple salvos.  A salvo consists of a series of single bursts ejected at specific intervals.  A salvo can be ejected from a single dispenser or simultaneously from both dispensers. If an empty dispenser is selected, or if a dispenser runs out of countermeasure material during a salvo, the system automatically cascades to the loaded dispenser.

Starting with the RR-129/RR-144 Chaff Cartridges and Mk46/Mk47 IR Decoys, (Flares) There is about 50+ different Cartridges used in many combinations. The Total is always '60'. There is even 'Practice Chaff/IR Flare Cartridges.

Source:  NavAir 01-245FDB-1

331KillerBee

Thank you Crusader for your constant improvements!

Radar jammer expendables ?

CL

Yhea, There's all Types of (Radar Jammer Expendables) Chaff these Days. We only used 5 or so in My Day........

331KB

all these various cockpit tweeks threads belong in the KB ..

I think I'll move them there as soon as I can, otherwise they'll get buried and lost!!

it that's ok with you, Otto???

Yhea, There's all Types of (Radar Jammer Expendables) Chaff these Days. We only used 5 or so in My Day........

331KB

Yah I get Chaff.

I was interpreting this as an active decoy whatsit.

I hated that pod on my Helo. I don't remember a single time on spot 3 that thing would punch a few out on the flight deck.

I could launch flares but not chaff. Blame the enlisted Aircrewman anyway tho.

CL

On the 29's and 39/49's they are Round. The 47's have Square ones now.....

331KB

Thanks for these nice tweaks and improvements, Crusader!  It's like you are fixing some of the bugs that TK should have addressed in other patches, oh well..

Thanks Crusader, these are great tweaks! I especially like the spoiler-solution. :good:

I will update the CockpitRepaint-pack this weekend.

all these various cockpit tweeks threads belong in the KB ..

I think I'll move them there as soon as I can, otherwise they'll get buried and lost!!

it that's ok with you, Otto???

Yep, just leave it "live" for a week or so...

And what about the A-4F Ahit (Ayit)?

The latest inis (April 2013) have only one dispenser for 30 chaff and no chaff control box in the F Ahit cockpit.

(All A-4's with ALE-29 dispensers should have 2 dispenser , the other was placed immediately to the right and aft of the tailhook mounting...)

ECM box and spoiler light is in.

A-4E_AHIT - nothing

A-4E_AHIT_73 - ECM box, Chaff box (data has 2x 30 chaff), no spoilers, uses A-4H_Ahit_73_cockpit

A-4H_AHIT - spoiler light only

A-4H_AHIT_68 - spoiler light only

A-4H_AHIT_70 - spoiler light only

A-4H_AHIT_73 - spoiler light, ECM box, Chaff box (data has 2x 30 chaff)

Yep, just leave it "live" for a week or so

you got it brother!

I've already moved the other 2, but left the linkey thing here in this Forum

Do you plan those upgrades for the other Skyhawks too from A-4A till ** as a simply plug and play solution? Would be realy cool :biggrin:

as requested, 

This zip is also availabe in the SF2 Downlad, Cockpits section.

(as a safety precaution, in case my attachments get cleared out!! It happens!)

--------------------------------------------

Updated Cockpit.ini for TW A-4 Skyhawks (all variants) v1.0
===========================================================

- working Arresting Hook-Lever (all)
- working Landing Gear-Lever (all, except A-4A, as the "Landing_Gear_Indicator"-type is already in use for another display)
- ECM-Box (A-4E_67, A-4E_Ahit_73, A-4H_Ahit_73, A-4F, A-4F_Ahit, A-4L)
- Chaff-Box (A-4E_Ahit_73, A-4H_Ahit_73)
- Spoiler-Light (A-4F, A-4F_Ahit, A-4F_74, A-4H_Ahit, A-4H_Ahit_68, A-4H_Ahit_70, A-4H_Ahit_73, A-4G, A-4K, A-4L)
- WeaponSelectorKnob - Sidewinder selectable (A-4E_Ahit_73, A-4F, A-4F_74, A-4F_Ahit, A-4H_Ahit, A-4H_Ahit_73, A-4G, A-4K, A-4L)
- LABS-Display - displays distance to next waypoint (distance to target is not available as displaytype, so better than nothing)
- corrected A-4F_74.ini to use the proper cockpit

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..