Sign in to follow this  
Gux

JAS 39C Gripen Progress

I wanna be Donut, lol.

Well if your Donut, then I'm Church. Yeah I was my Airsoft team's "Team Killing F***tard" :rofl:

It is amazing how you guys are doing this all with 60s and 70s avionics.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Well if your Donut, then I'm Church. Yeah I was my Airsoft team's "Team Killing F***tard" :rofl:

It is amazing how you guys are doing this all with 60s and 70s avionics.

OMG, someone that knows the series. I just got the last season the other day finally, Season 5

OMG, someone that knows the series. I just got the last season the other day finally, Season 5

Lucky. I might be getting them for Christmas.

red vs. blue ..

oh my f__king lord!!!

thats waaaaay better MFD than that on the F-23!!!

now that is a nice christmas gift isnt it?!!!!

oh my f__king lord!!!

thats waaaaay better MFD than that on the F-23!!!

now that is a nice christmas gift isnt it?!!!!

Sure,

will FM simulate FBW problems?

FM need to do this :rofl:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=vgTQ3eDkCn0

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGq0Wevjt8&...feature=related <-thousand years ago...

Edited by Silverbolt

Sure,

will FM simulate FBW problems?

FM need to do this :rofl:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=vgTQ3eDkCn0

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGq0Wevjt8&...feature=related <-thousand years ago...

I think Fly By Wire will have to wait for WOI since it comes default with an F-16 and F-16s are FBW. Who knows-maybe it will come with Avionics 80s.

i guess TK have no plans to avionics 80..

for what i remember in TW forum

i guess TK have no plans to avionics 80..

for what i remember in TW forum

yes that's what he said no avionics80.dll in WOI

but he also said in the topic "speal the beans" that there will be some improvement in the avionic area

so we must cross our fingers

Hope it will be out before christmas, more than one year without a core improvement in the jet area is very long.

hows the baby?

i hope i get it in time for christmas,use it to toast atheist commie bastards.........

now, lets see if the MiG-142 would satnd up to this!

We are still waiting to get an FM for it. Other than that it is done. I think.....

Edited by Atreides

Gentlemen,

I praise your efforts on bringing the Gripen to life in SFP1 :good:

I am currently deeply involved in flying a campaign for the Flygvapnet against the Global Sedition, and my trusty Tunnan is whupping the a**e off the best MiGs they can throw at me.

However, hostility (or is it necessity?) is the mother of invention, and those pesky GS boffins are cranking out some rather dastardly machines which threaten the existence of the Alliance. We live in fear of the arrival of the Su-27 at the frontline.

When the final reckoning arrives, as it will very soon, I would mightily appreciate your fine steed in our arsenal :yes:

Godspeed and best wishes,

Baltika.

PS Shameless plug for those who wish to fly a Saab powered campaign:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5661

Your Gripen looks FANTASTIC, I can't wait until it's released. One of my favorite sleds. Let me know if I can help find you anything, information, textures, anything. I'd love to help you keep it moving!

Edited by Talon_

It's fantastic, great work....... i don't have words in english to say but in spanish ¡ESTA DE P...A MADRE, SIGUE ASI TE ADORAMOS!

one question,

is it going to use the aim9x super sidewinder?

Put any winder you want on it.

one question,

is it going to use the aim9x super sidewinder?

The Gripen has been cleared to carry the L/M Sidewinder, plus IRIS-T, A-DARTER, ASRAAM, and Python 4 & 5. I have not seen anything on the AIM-9X yet.

Storm

No doubt it will. But I don't see a reason why the 9x would be used in favor of the IRIS-T.

The Gripen has been cleared to carry the L/M Sidewinder, plus IRIS-T, A-DARTER, ASRAAM, and Python 4 & 5. I have not seen anything on the AIM-9X yet.

Storm

cool.

anyone got info on turn radius?

of this and other planes(rl)?

Had. I'll go look. It's very much comparable to the F-16, in fact, almost identical.

Had. I'll go look. It's very much comparable to the F-16, in fact, almost identical.

Well, on f-16.net, there were few articles [written by Swedish people] that in DACM training with Norweign F-16s, Gripens were able to outmaneuver them (F-16s) even from dis-advatage positions because of Gripen is, quote, "aerodynamicaly cleaner", so it loses less speed in tight curves/turnings than F-16 does. This, according to that article, causes that Gripen can out-meneuver F-16 even with it's less-powerfull engine.

On the other side, it seems that those F-16s were flying with external fuel tanks as they were taking off Norway, while Gripen was "clean", with training AIM-9 (and possibly AIM-120) only.

And, it is weird because official max. stable angle of attack (one of crucial factors in ACM, while exceeded - aircraft stalls out) of Gripen is 21 deg./units, while F-16's is something over 30, Su-27's over 38, SuperHornet's 45 and F-22's 60+.On the other side again, maybe those canard wings really do help. But so much? 

And I never saw "ours" (Czech) Gripen to exceed som 30 deg. on CIAF airshow...

it seems that those F-16s were flying with external fuel tanks as they were taking off Norway, while Gripen was "clean", with training AIM-9 (and possibly AIM-120) only.

Not long after my unit transitioned to the F-16C-25, I and a couple of others got to talk to one of the pilots on the first deployment and the question was posed about the tanks. His statement was that the loading and drag factor was negligible for maneuvering as long as the tanks were nearly empty.

Not long after my unit transitioned to the F-16C-25, I and a couple of others got to talk to one of the pilots on the first deployment and the question was posed about the tanks. His statement was that the loading and drag factor was negligible for maneuvering as long as the tanks were nearly empty.

Well, this is interesting but I must oppose: basic formula for computing an aerodynamical drag (Q) is:

Q=Cx*((ro*v*v)/2)*Ax

Where:

Cx is constant of frontal drag

ro is greek ro and stands for density/specific gravity of surrounding enviroment (air)

v is speed of carrier [F-16] in m*s-1

Ax is largest frontal cross section of given object [fuel tank]

Therefore, fuel tanks DO have their noticeable drag, which depends mainly on speed of carrier and diameter of  given fuel tank. Only possible explanation is, that in comparation with thrust given by P&W F-100 engine, drag of fuel tanks is insignificant OR that this drag is noticeable in speeds much higher than those achieved in ACM.

And, this also stands again another statement about Gripen - because on LeBourget airshow, Gripen lose simulated fights with Su-39 in incredibly high ratio (think about 3:1 or even 9:1) while F-16 lose them only about 1.5:1 [sure they both lost it because Su-39 is subsonic and has wing and aerodynamics optimized for low-speed maneuvreing, but such an asymmetry between F-16's and Gripen's achievements while they should be the same? Chmm.]

(sorry for possibly over-complicated article, english is my secondary language)