Last two....the member gallery creation isn't working for me, or I'd have put them there.

post-7445-1180791129_thumb.jpg

post-7445-1180791155_thumb.jpg

Model temporarily on hold due to working on a time demanding joint project with other modding members for this community. I hate doing this to you folks. You're all a great bunch. Btw eraser, those pics are of the X-35. The F-35 is totally different. Notice that the mains on the X-35 are placed under the intake manifolds. the F-35 has a bay that's underneath the main wing, next to the intake manifolds. Thanks though.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Yeah, well none of the F-35 pictures came out. Damn stealth aircraft.... :grin:

Model temporarily on hold due to working on a time demanding joint project with other modding members for this community. I hate doing this to you folks. You're all a great bunch. Btw eraser, those pics are of the X-35. The F-35 is totally different. Notice that the mains on the X-35 are placed under the intake manifolds. the F-35 has a bay that's underneath the main wing, next to the intake manifolds. Thanks though.

Even if it's ready month's from now, who care's, you've made a great looking model, keep it up. When it's ready I'm sure it'll be a joy to fly. :clapping::good:

Even if it's ready month's from now, who care's, you've made a great looking model, keep it up. When it's ready I'm sure it'll be a joy to fly. :clapping::good:

Well said!

This is one of the coolest things on CA I have seen in a long time, and I'm not just saying that. Great work on the model, it looks swell! :good:

Speaking of swell models, Wells, your toeing the line pretty good there, but it's a nice picture all the same.

EDIT:

Anyone have any newer info on this project? Is the creator deployed and if so anyone know his status?

Two weeks.

Edited by Longestpants

BTW, how is the Air Zoo doing? It has been a few years since I have been up there.

Basically they have a contest who will make a bigger Spitfire shaped buttplug and stuff it deeper where the sun don't shine. Those that oppose to that idea are Luftwhiners.

I want the redhead in the flight suit please. :biggrin:

No way! I call dibs on her!!!

Damn hot.... and a redhead to boot. She has the whole package.

Ahh yes. The famous two weeks reply. Haven't seen that in awhile. :rolleyes: BTW, how is the Air Zoo doing? It has been a few years since I have been up there.

Last time I talked to SD about the F-35, he was genning up to head back, IIRC, to the that place we all know and love......that has lots of sand and has taken 3,839 of my fellow military brothers and sisters lives......

Ditto!

Ditto!

Talked to him the other day. He is in California at home, going through an ORI. And those of us who have been through an ORI, more specifically a SAC ORI, I would rather be getting shot at.

SAC ORI?

Eee-ee!

I have been in TAC ORI's, and they are gnarley enough.

With the triple redundancy of SAC, I can only imagine...

ORI sucks...I just returned from the damn desert and the ORE-EET was like no, that is not how you do it...it was funny what transpired next...but I will spare you the gory details...

Yeah, ORI's do suck, but apparently AFSPC has the easiest as long as you're not a nuke wing. :grin:

I want the redhead in the flight suit please. :biggrin:

my daughter is a red head. i feel sorry for any enemy pilot that goes up against that pilot!

ah what is that trouble of an engine sucking its own breath and dying out?

The jet engine works by compressing and heating air as a working fluid, the heated air expands out in one direction and provides thrust right?

The engines looses efficiency due to the smaller temperature gradient between the inlet gas and the combustion chamber, and this loss of thrust can be very serious for a Vtol, considering it has no aerodynamic lift. the same thing happened in the hot climate of Vietnam and Iraq, heavily loaded aircraft had a hard time getting into the air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnot_cycle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brayton_cycle

Likewise the reason aircraft cruise at high altitude (in addition the the reduced drag due to atmospheric density) is that at high altitude

where the air is cold the temperature gradient is improved.

Again, for the same reason some engines are fitted with water injection and pre-cooling

(I knew that staying awake in Thermodynamics class would pay off)

Also, thermo aside an engine works by using oxygen in the air to combust the jet fuel. Jet exhaust is thus oxygen-poor, and being recirculated into the engine means less oxygen to burn the fuel so thrust drops, possibly enough to cause an engine flameout.

All right guys, I'm back from the ORI. We passed. Infact it was one of the smoothest ORIs for our wing ever. Lucky for me, I was part of the real world element for Security Forces. So all I had to do is sit in a SF truck at a hamerhead and watch DVDs.... uh, I meant parked aircraft. :biggrin: Now I can divert my full attention back to my hobbies here. Oh by the way, thanks to whoever made this a sticky. That's definatley a cool surprise to come back to from an ORI.

Glad your back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now get to work! :rofl:

for reel? :blink:

We're up for an AMI in a couple weeks here.... :ok: