Sign in to follow this  
Dave

J-8II Finback Part II

Any chance we might see a Q-5 Fantan?

Yes! :good:

a5.jpg

Edited by Marcfighter

It's funny how the Chinese seem to have taken other planes that never made it like they should have and modernized them.

J-10--> Lavi

JH-7A--> Modern Jaguar

FC-1--> F-20

Granted the JH-7 seems to have bigger engines than the Jaguar, and the FC-1's profile reminds me of an F-102 a bit. :grin:

The amazing thing is the amount of money that is being spent to put all these into production simultaneously is staggering. In addition to those 3, they also have the license-built Flankers and the imported 2-seater Flankers, plus many other things.

Economy in the development and investment in the production in mass.

'Bout time we get a Fantan!!!

Great work, marcello!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok Marcelo no more posting, back to skinning and modeling. No more teasing us too. :rofl::haha::biggrin:

Q-5 shouldn't have a lot of .ini difficulty as it's basically a re-nosed MiG-19...with a better radar! :wink:

wow marcelo those are superb..how i wished all the default planes such as the A-10, MiG-series, Su-7 get rebuild with your superb touch for detail!

Any chance we might see a Q-5 Fantan?

Sao bonitos! Meus parabens. Esperando tudo chegar aqui!

Is Marcello good or what!

Finback Attack !

J-8IIA2.jpg

My Friends !

Which airplane do you like? :rolleyes:

JH-7 , JF-17 , Q-5 , J-10 .

Minority vote for the JH-7A.

But then again, they all look great.

J-10

Q-5!!!

It is based on Mig-19 platform :clapping:

Every Mig is good Mig :biggrin:

Q-5!!!

It is based on Mig-19 platform :clapping:

Every Mig is good Mig :biggrin:

Seconding Q-5, we need more good attack planes!

J-10

maybe you could make an israeli skin for it considering the fact that its a carbon copy of the Lavi

J-10

maybe you could make an israeli skin for it considering the fact that its a carbon copy of the Lavi

Are you kidding? The Lavi was practically a copy of the early model F-16s but the J-10 is a whole generation more advanced! It may have been influenced by the Lavi, but this isn't going to be the next 'Mig-29', this one's going to have sharper teeth for sure!

Are you kidding? The Lavi was practically a copy of the early model F-16s but the J-10 is a whole generation more advanced! It may have been influenced by the Lavi, but this isn't going to be the next 'Mig-29', this one's going to have sharper teeth for sure!

Well, calling it a carbon copy maybe a bit too much, but the shape of the J-10 is indeed very similar to that of the Lavi...but this must not mean that the Chinese simply copied it.

Edited by Gocad

Well, calling it a carbon copy maybe a bit too much, but the shape of the J-10 is indeed very similar to that of the Lavi...but this must not mean that the Chinese simply copied it.

Didn't IAI work closely with the Chinese on this plane? I'm not sure if it was IAI in particular, but there was denfinitely Israeli support. I've heard that it wasn't necessarily covert, but it wasn't very public. And considing the sh*tfit the US government had when they discovered IAI was contracted to install a Phalcon AWACS radar into an Il-76/A-50, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd done the same for the J-10 assistance had they known. But I can't seem to confirm this...

Lavi and J-10 have some similarities, but they are completely diffrent degsins. Granted, israeli probably helped chinese a lot, and sold some of technology needed to degsin it, but callin j-10 "carbon copy" is gross missunderstanding. J-10 is much bigger, hevier and simpler than lavi.

And i wouldnt be so enthusiastic about J-10 - for now i seems to be comparable with earliest versions of F-16C in terms of combat capabilities.

This plane reminds me of a Mig-21 variant.. the one wich looks like a F-16 hybrid. Not like a Lavi, a Lavi looks more like a F-16. The J-10 looks more like a Soviet plane!

J-10 do have some feature from Lavi/israel, but they are particularly in the FBW and Avionics design, NOT like many people think, in aerodynamics/structure.

J-10 is the son of died J-9.

And please never forget French friends help, j-10 is sometime called 'powerful mirage2000',Even now, some parts of J-10 are imported from France or helped by Dassault .

As these two planes are designed in similar concept,more like a interceptor than a fighter, and Lavi ,is a light fighter-bomber first.

These differents made Lavi and j-10 look similar but totally are two different plane,while M2k and J-10 look different but are similar

And please,who can tell me, when can i fly this bird and how to pay for it if necessary

And about those weapons, why in the pics J-8 using russia bomb???

The bomb mainly for J-8ii is the 250kg cluster-bomb or you can call them BL755,and other bombs you can call them BAP100,MK-81,82,83,84 :biggrin:

The main BVR missle is PL11 or call them Aspide,WVR PL8 Python。

The main rocket-launcher is HF series,but only 90mm type can be spotted,seems russia type 57mm/130mm are retired

Since 1980s,most china planes are using WEST/NATO type weapon,and because the different pylon/interface,NO russia type weapon can be used in china build plane.

Even the new built J-11(Su-27),they can fire PL11,PL12,PL5,PL8 but no R27,R77,R73. Though in some magazines it's said a new general pylon/interface is under designing.