Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

New Tornado IDS needs fix

I, unfortunately, did a couple of times when installed in WoE.

I thought maybe I messed up by integrating with the TornadoIDS folder I already had. I removed it, and re-unzipped, same.

Tried another install, NATO Fighters, ran a range mission, then one over Germany, no issues on either in my NATO install. Weird.

The Event log said WoE.exe had an issue with TerrainEngine.dll for both of the crashes when flying from WoE.

i have one problem too

the TVC works with you in the time of brak?

and the arresting hook opens the cockpit?(havent arresting hook)

btw is a nice model

the breaks TVC...

and the canopy wont open...

:(

Very nice model[2]

Just tried it in a strike mission, and experienced no issues.

What do you mean by "TVC"? To me, 'TVC" means "Thrust Vector Control", something which no Tonado variant that I'm aware of has ever had.

TVC? Not thrust vectoring, it's reverse thrust you're referring to. Maybe a language problem, silverbolt? *edit* Technically it is thrust vectoring but not as its applied to most fighter aircraft, here it's vectored 180°. I'm pleased that reverse thrust is represented at all on this variant, but I don't know if it's additional deceleration effect is modeled here, I have yet to try it out. I think it's quite logical to link the animation to the wheelbrakes, but probably only down to 50 knots or so. Is the problem that they close each time the wheelbrakes are applied? I agree that wouldn't be realistic.

AmokFloo, is it possible to seperate the animation, and have it activate only above a certain speed the way some canopies are done?

Edited by Platinum Rogue

1st attempt, CTD'd powering up on the runway. Single mission WOE Germany, 1987 strike mission/anti-runway. Loaded with BAP-100x18 on inner wing and fuselage stations. No fuel tanks or the MW-1 are available, and nothing can be loaded to the refuel probe station so not sure how you get the extra fuel.

Seems to CTD when I apply rudder, every time.

Reverse thrust is manually controlled and linked to 'thrust vectoring' control. On my cougar it is assigned to the antennae rotary, so in the mid-way position, the RT doors are semi closed and the aircraft doesn't move until I open them. Also, it falls from the sky if I close them in flight, so obviously the deceleration is modeled.

I'm sure some ini edits are all that's needed to get the weapons and fuel tanks to show as they should, but the rudder axis CTD seems more serious.

Edited by Platinum Rogue

Sorry guys,

seems the problems only appear in WoE, wich i´m not owning. I made and tested the Tornado with SFP1 and it worked at all.

The animation for the reverse thrust flaps right in front of the engine nozzles is modeled and linked to the thrust vector control button.

Canopy opens/close with the arrestor hook button.

Greets Florian

I didn't have ANY problems getting running WoE. Don't know what to say...works fine for me!! :ok:

Wrench

kevin stein

I didn't have ANY problems getting running WoE. Don't know what to say...works fine for me!! :ok:

Wrench

kevin stein

Ditto, no problems at all.

In your FLIGHT folder is a file named FLIGHTENGINE.INI, go in there with notepad and go to the [GraphicsSettings] section.

replace everything in that section with this

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

That could be a fix!

I have those settings and have no problems whatsoever with any Tornado released!!

If that file is not in your flightfolder than you have to extract it.

Let me know if this fix works.

Best regards, Kodiak.

AmokFloo

Did you export the lod with or without decals?

Because if you exported with decals, wpnssgt and I found out that was giving a lot of CTD's with his early F-16's Once we started exporting without decals no more CTD's.

USAFMTL,

i have exported without decals.

Kodiaks post could be a fix, cause the first LOD has a high poly count although it uses several LOD´s.

But i have tried it on a clean and patched SFP1 install and had no problems.

In your FLIGHT folder is a file named FLIGHTENGINE.INI, go in there with notepad and go to the [GraphicsSettings] section.

replace everything in that section with this

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

That could be a fix!

I have those settings and have no problems whatsoever with any Tornado released!!

If that file is not in your flightfolder than you have to extract it.

Let me know if this fix works.

Best regards, Kodiak.

No this didn't work, the game CTD's as soon as I click 'fly'.

USAFMTL,

i have exported without decals.

Kodiaks post could be a fix, cause the first LOD has a high poly count although it uses several LOD´s.

But i have tried it on a clean and patched SFP1 install and had no problems.

Well then the flightengine.ini fix is thw way to go. Glad to see you back in the fold.

FYI for everyone else, that ini fix should be one of the first things you do to any install of the 3rd Wire Series. I have had it in every install since we discovered it in 2003.

Well then the flightengine.ini fix is thw way to go. Glad to see you back in the fold.

FYI for everyone else, that ini fix should be one of the first things you do to any install of the 3rd Wire Series. I have had it in every install since we discovered it in 2003.

wow. Nice to know. I had the same problem earlier with the Tornado pack and I just deleted it. Good to know, thanks.

Just posted a reply to Florian's file announcement string. I get a blank screen, not a CTD, when I use the rudder with this a/c. I can still hit escape to get to a game menu, which brings me to mission failed menu, so it's not a real CTD, or complete computer freeze, like I used to get with the old package. If I don't use the rudder, I can fly a complete mission, and use any weapon offered. Hope this gets fixed, it's a great model, and the use of the rudder will be important when Florian releases the F model. Hope you can get her fixed, Florian. She's a beauty!

I run it in WOE, using a Saitek X52 twist stick for rudder, not dedicated pedals.

Edited by Heck

One other small item, external stores jett does not work.

It says it has done so, and the external fuel needle drops to zero, but the tanks and that massive MW-1 is still visible externally.

I have not done any tests to see if the drag from these items is still there, but it feels like it.

I've also noticed un-commanded roll to the left and very sharp pitch-up on take-off. I moved out the deadzone in the options but that didn't help. I tested my joystick calibration and that is neutral at rest. The roll can be trimmed out in flight, but the low-speed pitch handling seems far too sensitive. I've crashed more times taking off in this plane than anything else I've flown in SF :dntknw:

One other small item, external stores jett does not work.

It says it has done so, and the external fuel needle drops to zero, but the tanks and that massive MW-1 is still visible externally.

I have not done any tests to see if the drag from these items is still there, but it feels like it.

There is a simple explanation for this:

torn_data:

[LeftWingStation1]

FuelTankName=TankTornado

NoJettisionTank=TRUE

[RightWingStation1]

FuelTankName=TankTornado

NoJettisionTank=TRUE

Also, it seems to me that the MW-1 dispenser body is actually part of the model itself, thus making impossible to simply dump it once it is equipped. But that's just my guess here.

Edited by Gocad

Instead of making a new thread, I'll just post my problem here.

I've been flying this bird, which is awesome, and I noticed there are no markings. I'm using WOI. Even if I try to, they won't show up. No German flag, roundel, squadron. Just the camo.

Any idea of what could be causing this?

Thanks.

there must be a problem in the decals.ini