Yep...those American's sure do have a thing about putting numerals behind names, aircraft, people... :biggrin:

To be fair though, I don't think anyone thinks of an A7, say as a Corsair II, etc. Must just be for official purposes.

The F4U and the A-7 were built by the same company... :wink:

That's.....awsome man :smile:

Do you plan to make a pit for it?

un trabajo muy bueno me lo ha dicho un amigo que trabaja en EADS montando en EF-2000 :clapping:

That's.....awsome man :smile:

Do you plan to make a pit for it?

Of course, it would only be half a job without a pit.

Damn dude,

That's looking VERY nice...keep up the good work!

FastCargo

Looking good mate! Keep it up :smile:

Damn dude this baby looks awesome! Cant wait till it's release! Yeah btw putting 2 is definitely an Americanism. Although I never figured out why we dont just get rid of the II completely and use the original name! We Americans are weird when it comes to aircraft names :biggrin: !

You americans are no weirder than the rest of the world, I think when it comes to naming aircraft you deserve to call them whatever you want, you yanks build some sweeet gear!

looks just awsome! Keep it going! :good:

Btw, is anybody working on the Meteor missile?

I've seen pictures of it on the Gripen.

Meteor 1

rafmeteorb.jpg

and one pic form a Gripen :wink:

_38205209_gripen200saab.jpg

We know what it looks like he means in the sim. And on the Gripen WIP.

*Sighs* Oh I hate multination military defense projects.

Yep...those American's sure do have a thing about putting numerals behind names, aircraft, people... :biggrin:

To be fair though, I don't think anyone thinks of an A7, say as a Corsair II, etc. Must just be for official purposes.

I think 90% of all "official" aircraft names are cheerfully ignored by the crews and pilots who come up with their own names for them. The F-22 might be an exception as calling it the "Raptor" seems popular for now. I doubt the F-35 will stick with the moniker "Lightning" though, despite the P-38 and UK heritage. It just doesn't seem right.

Actually, isn't the MiG-29 the odd case where another country named the plane? The Russians I think adopted "Fulcrum" as their name for it as they never really pick names for them officially, just what the crews hang on it. Like they call the Flanker the "crane" because of how it looks on takeoff (much as the YF-17 was called the Cobra and the F-14 the Turkey).

Your right on the MiG-29 being Fulcrum. IA-PVO (Was that the Soviet VVS?) pilots called it "Careless"

Apparently MiG and Sukhoi decided to go with the NATO designators for their aircraft when trying to sell them as then everyone else would know what they were talking about, e.g. Flanker, Fulcrum etc. The exception being Frogfoot which Sukhoi thought a bit demeaning.

Apparently MiG and Sukhoi decided to go with the NATO designators for their aircraft when trying to sell them as then everyone else would know what they were talking about, e.g. Flanker, Fulcrum etc. The exception being Frogfoot which Sukhoi thought a bit demeaning.

If I was Sukhoi I would. I also find Fagot, Flogger, Fishbed, and Fishpot....rude.

Yeah, some of the names they ignored as being unflattering at best. The Fulcrum one, however, is actually rather complimentary when you think about it, and Flanker works just fine.

I still don't know who in NATO came up with "frogfoot." Why not just frog? I guess it's like "fishbed"...what is THAT supposed to be anyway??

Well the Czechs gave a meaning to "Frogfoot"! Look for the one with a Frog on the tail smashing a T-34 with a hammer.

Nice work...very nice work. She sure is pretty...

And jklv, don't make me come over there and smack you.... :no:

FastCargo

Oh OK seeing as you demanded so nicely :biggrin: ...

Nice pit. :clapping: