• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.

I am talking SFP1 so far. and for what I experimented so far, the avionics is perfect for WOE except for the two lines to cross out in the end of the avionics file. The plane could be easily advertised as WOE/SFP1 compatible too, setting aside those two last lines. I'll experiment more

By the way, brilliant idea creative to use multiple ase_circles entry.

This avionics file will be a text to study.

Thanks for not feeling insulted. Some people is very sensitive here, and I am trying to relax and post without the uncomfortable feeling of a crosshair on my head. Not that I ever thoguht it was your case...

Thank you again

Not at all there is enough inteligence on this forum to understand constructive from petty, now with the TWS issue you are talking about, there is actually no need to use a tga, both for WOI or the other series, you can use a text entry, I actually don't remembet a tga file for TWS mode, I do have a TWS light for the MFD button, but the image is from the MFD main bitmap (this actually is a feature that will work in both series I think), I think I opted not to use a TWS marker on the radar display because it shows on the MFD button I mentioned, if it isn't showing then maybe it's the WOI vs WOE series thing

Not at all there is enough inteligence on this forum to understand constructive from petty, now with the TWS issue you are talking about, there is actually no need to use a tga, both for WOI or the other series, you can use a text entry, I actually don't remembet a tga file for TWS mode, I do have a TWS light for the MFD button, but the image is from the MFD main bitmap (this actually is a feature that will work in both series I think), I think I opted not to use a TWS marker on the radar display because it shows on the MFD button I mentioned, if it isn't showing then maybe it's the WOI vs WOE series thing

I agree with the intelligence on the forum. As for the TWS .tga, I have in the cockpit/radar/ folder, this one mode_tws.tga

and in avionics file

[Radar_Mode_TWS]

SymbolType=ASE_CIRCLE

Position=-0.60,-0.780

TextureIRM=cockpit\RADAR\mode_tws.tga

TextureSAHM=cockpit\RADAR\mode_tws.tga

TextureAHM=cockpit\RADAR\mode_tws.tga

RemoveOnBreakX=FALSE

ImageSize=0.15

And the [Radar_Mode_TWS] was not called in the [RadarDisplayTWS]

By adding the line Symbol[21]=Radar_Mode_Tws, the indication TWS appears when you choose TWS radar mode

Edited by Canadair

Craigbrierley, she is beautiful! You should be a very proud parent. Thank you for this tremendous addition to the Thirdwire sims.

Maybe a sticky should be started to keep all the ini edits in one place, and to give Craigbrierley a better opportunity to bask in the glory of his accomplishments (and to keep him from tearing his hair out from answering the same question over and over and over.....).

[Radar_Mode_TWS]

SymbolType=ASE_CIRCLE

Position=-0.60,-0.780

RemoveOnBreakX=FALSE

ImageSize=0.15

By adding the line Symbol[21]=Radar_Mode_Tws, the indication TWS appears when you choose TWS radar mode

Hmm, but if I interpret this correctly, you are just trying to achieve the effect of bringing up a simple indicator showing TWS by associating it with an alowable steering error circle, when as I mentioned a single call for a text entry will show TWS on screen, this is where I have to admit to using someone elses work, I basically studied the avionics of the F-15 and F-22, made verbatim entries from those files, deleted things that I felt were surplus, and some .tga's I was using in development didnt get deleted, and you found it.

as I mentioned, I ommitted the need for a TWS marker on screen by making a mode indicator button on the MFD, what you are doing here is almost replacing a usefull symbology like the ASE circle with a simple mode indicator, I can't be sure of it but I imagine the avionics might not allow multiple ASE circles to be displayed simultaneously, hope you understand my meaning here.

Edited by craigbrierley

Maybe a sticky should be started to keep all the ini edits in one place, and to give Craigbrierley a better opportunity to bask in the glory of his accomplishments (and to keep him from tearing his hair out from answering the same question over and over and over.....).

NeverEnought, that is very thoughtfull of you, I'm glad you appreciate how rare my hair is :good:

Hmm, but if I interpret this correctly, you are just trying to achieve the effect of bringing up a simple indicator showing TWS by associating it with an alowable steering error circle, when as I mentioned a single call for a text entry will show TWS on screen, this is where I have to admit to using someone elses work, I basically studied the avionics of the F-15 and F-22, made verbatim entries from those files, deleted things that I felt were surplus, and some .tga's I was using in development didnt get deleted, and you found it.

as I mentioned, I ommitted the need for a TWS marker on screen by making a mode indicator button on the MFD, what you are doing here is almost replacing a usefull symbology like the ASE circle with a simple mode indicator, I can't be sure of it but I imagine the avionics might not allow multiple ASE circles to be displayed simultaneously, hope you understand my meaning here.

This is what I thoguht too, but actually multiple ASE should work. you get the ase and the TWS indication. there is a STT radar screen indication .tga and I see now you meant the TWS .tga indication for mfd only , I guess. good it was not deleted, since can be put to good use!

Anyway check pm, I sent an avionics file for you to check.

Thanks for your attention and support!

And the addition is,, tremendous, fabulous.

Wait until screenshots start appearing!

Edited by Canadair

Craig, now you know what WE (moderators) go through on a daily basis!!! :crazy:

I'll have to apply these fixes, and drop it into WoE and cross check.

Again, excellent work. The pit's da bomb!!! :cool:

Wrench

kevin stein

Craig, now you know what WE (moderators) go through on a daily basis!!! :crazy:

I'll have to apply these fixes, and drop it into WoE and cross check.

Again, excellent work. The pit's da bomb!!! :cool:

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes Wrench give it a look too, if you want 'll send you my avionics file too

And if I am bothering too much, I'll shut up.. :biggrin: promise.

Wait until screenshots start appearing!

They allready have, go check em out, X RAY's is very nice

Craig, now you know what WE (moderators) go through on a daily basis!!!

And a fantastic job you do of it, each and every one of you

I agree with the intelligence on the forum. As for the TWS .tga, I have in the cockpit/radar/ folder, this one mode_tws.tga

and in avionics file

[Radar_Mode_TWS]

SymbolType=ASE_CIRCLE

Position=-0.60,-0.780

RemoveOnBreakX=FALSE

ImageSize=0.15

carefull with that, I used that stuff in my pre WOI F-15C MSIP II avionics ( which Craig used as a basis for the Tiffy). Using ASE_CIRCLE symbol to show radar modes is a trick, now WOI ( and future patches for the rest of the series ) has special symbol types to show radar modes, check the WOI F-16A_Netz avionics ini ... :wink:

no tga's needed, ist a text symbol thing now... works great for other things too ..

This addon is great tested it in the few free minutes I had today and can`t believe what I saw. This is one of the greatest addons with damn nice avionics. The pit looks like from another game It hast nothing to do with SF Project 1!!! This sim series turns out into a new age of ATF from Janes!

Question?! Is it able to change colour of the ground radar from green to blue? Is green the original colour for thetyphy?

carefull with that, I used that stuff in my pre WOI F-15C MSIP II avionics ( which Craig used as a basis for the Tiffy). Using ASE_CIRCLE symbol to show radar modes is a trick, now WOI ( and future patches for the rest of the series ) has special symbol types to show radar modes, check the WOI F-16A_Netz avionics ini ... :wink:

no tga's needed, ist a text symbol thing now... works great for other things too ..

Thanks Crusader. This new system, I guess is WOI prerogative only?

If I understand right, in WOI it is allowed to have text entry in the radar as well and not just in the hud, correct?

Edited by Canadair

hey, i get CTD instantly after loading in SFP1

You have to edit the following lines in avionics.ini

Make sure they look like this:

////limited or not implemented functionality///

[HUD_BankIndicator]

SymbolType=ROLL_INDICATOR

ImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\HUD_BKI.tga

ImagePosition=0.0,0.0

ImageSize=0.20

ScaleImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\HUD_bankindic.tga

ScaleImageSize=0.15

HorizontalAlignment=CENTER

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

Scale=-40.0

MaxValue=60

MinValue=-60

[HUD_LowFuel]

SymbolType=FUEL_LOW_TEXT

Text=BINGO

TextPosition=-0.0,0.0

HorizontalAlignment=CENTER

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

//[HUD_SteeringCue] <-----------------important, mark them out with //

SymbolType=STEERING_CUE

ImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\SteeringCue.tga

ImageSize=0.055

//[HUD_Steerpoint] <-----------------important, mark them out with //

SymbolType=STEERPOINT_SYMBOL

ImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\Steerpoint.tga

ImageSize=0.055

How do i fix the Flintstone legs coming outta the plane? I put the pilot and the seat files into the aircraft folder and they still appear.

I put the pilot and the seat files into the aircraft folder and they still appear.

Thats very strange, can you confirm that you are putting th pilot and seat lod in the folder named aircraft (main directoryinside the objects folder), or do you mean the aircraft folder as in the typhoon folder?

OOOHHHH i have it in the Typhoon folder now let me drop it in the other one and i'll get back to you.

OOOHHHH i have it in the Typhoon folder now let me drop it in the other one and i'll get back to you.

Thank you for calling Typhoon product support, have a nice day :haha::haha::haha:

The fuel consumption is insane... can`t get the tanks show up

Talk to me, whats actually not happening for you, I am primed and ready to help, feeling pumped, cmown hhoaah! uh uh uh!!!

I'm going mad :biggrin:

Ok got it. Thanks Craig the plane is awesome.

No problem PIGHUNTA, it's been a pleasure doing this for good folk like you.

Thanks Crusader. This new system, I guess is WOI prerogative only?

If I understand right, in WOI it is allowed to have text entry in the radar as well and not just in the hud, correct?

yes

The cheque is in the post Mighound, thank you very much.

Someone aughta be sending you cheques.

This work is so intricate. Takes real passion to attain this level of detail.