IMHO there is one problem left: There is no category for Typhoon skins in the d/l section.

post-22093-1207925350_thumb.jpg

Quo vadis, Luftwaffe Eurofighter production scheme?

I've noticed that (for the Gripen at least) there does seem to be some oddly slow speed set. Not only AI will crash during landing, if you try to let the autopilot land your plane you'll find yourself stalling into a hole well short of the airfield. Is the landing speed some multiple of cruise speed like 1/3 or 1/2?

Oh, forgot to mention I think I was working with the original FM, not the beta FM, which I have yet to try out! I'm also working it with WOE (obviously without the latest FM patch) and not WOI, with or without patch.

I´ve just solved some problems with my plane, hope this is useful to someone in trouble

:grandpa: the probe and canopy deployed automatically mid-air, so i just erased these animations fron data.ini

:grandpa: the game was rather slow with typhy, and i learnt that it was because something about the cockpit. I changed it and use the one of the f-15 msip. If you don´t mind the realism of the cockpit, remember to change not only the cockpit folder, but also avionics.ini, cockpit.ini and the entry[DetectorSystem] in data.ini, but this won´t include air-to-ground radars

However this aircraft is truly impressive, i think( thanks, mr.craig :notworthy: ), so don´t bother troubleshooting and download it before it gets payware!

Edited by macelena

I've noticed that (for the Gripen at least) there does seem to be some oddly slow speed set. Not only AI will crash during landing, if you try to let the autopilot land your plane you'll find yourself stalling into a hole well short of the airfield. Is the landing speed some multiple of cruise speed like 1/3 or 1/2?

Oh, forgot to mention I think I was working with the original FM, not the beta FM, which I have yet to try out! I'm also working it with WOE (obviously without the latest FM patch) and not WOI, with or without patch.

Jedi,

Configure the aircraft for landing at 2000 feet and slow to approach speed or whatever your best guess is. When the aircraft stalls, note the speed and add 20 knots. You're in business for an approximation of final approach speed for any aircraft. Usually final approach speed is a function of the aircraft's weight and configuration. Bye the way if you change the configuration (e.g. leave the flaps up) you'll end up in the same smoking hole. Alternative is to let the autopilot fly the approach and all you have to do is watch and note the final approach sped. Configuration matters, weight matters. Don't bring home a load of bombs. It is an insult to dirt movers everywhere. Don't forget the flaps, speed brake or landing gear. If you land gear up, it takes a lot of power to taxi.

craig,

i know i'm not the first to say it, but W O W !

truly, this is a work of art. beautiful model, amazing cockpit, subtle texturing.

this is a hall-of-famer

craig,

i know i'm not the first to say it, but W O W !

truly, this is a work of art. beautiful model, amazing cockpit, subtle texturing.

this is a hall-of-famer

:rolleyes:

thank you very much, if I am not mistaken she has passed 2000 downloads now :shok:

IMHO there is one problem left: There is no category for Typhoon skins in the d/l section.

Quo vadis, Luftwaffe Eurofighter production scheme?

If we get more skins I will make a category for them.

:biggrin: LOL

hi guys, ive download EF2000 its really very amazing but ive got one problem when i press F1 for cockpit view the game gets crash n show an error with messege of send it and dont send it. Plz help me guys for fixing that problem i really love that plane n its cockpit as well.thnkx

What game you use? If you are using SFP1 or WoE you must delete 2 entries in the Avionics_Data.ini. For that just look the at site 30 in this thread there i posted it.

Thank you Craig, this is great work.

Still following all the ini tweaks and such. learning things on the way :)

Jedi,

Configure the aircraft for landing at 2000 feet and slow to approach speed or whatever your best guess is. When the aircraft stalls, note the speed and add 20 knots. You're in business for an approximation of final approach speed for any aircraft. Usually final approach speed is a function of the aircraft's weight and configuration. Bye the way if you change the configuration (e.g. leave the flaps up) you'll end up in the same smoking hole. Alternative is to let the autopilot fly the approach and all you have to do is watch and note the final approach sped. Configuration matters, weight matters. Don't bring home a load of bombs. It is an insult to dirt movers everywhere. Don't forget the flaps, speed brake or landing gear. If you land gear up, it takes a lot of power to taxi.

This is the AP that's having the trouble. As soon as it's approaching the next-to-last WP the throttle cuts to zero until the airspeed is like 120 kts and the thing starts dropping like a rock, then the throttle kicks back in to like 15%. I've got a long weekend coming up (taking Wed-Fri off!) so I'll try and delve into it a little more. Flown manually I have no trouble with it, but I believe the AP and how AI flies the planes are linked, so solving one will solve the other.

Only thing I DID work out this weekend is that the Gripen's exhaust nozzle animations were reversed--it was opening when it should be closing and vice versa! Compared to it to several other FMs out there and saw what numbers to change (mostly making 1.0 into 0.1 and vice versa) and now it looks right. That did take over an hour to determine, though! :grin:

How come you're getting all these problems?

I've got non of these. the only thing is that I have to tell those AI's to go home if I want them to land.

(Thats in WoI flying the Typhoon).

Edited by Mannie

This is the AP that's having the trouble. As soon as it's approaching the next-to-last WP the throttle cuts to zero until the airspeed is like 120 kts and the thing starts dropping like a rock, then the throttle kicks back in to like 15%. I've got a long weekend coming up (taking Wed-Fri off!) so I'll try and delve into it a little more. Flown manually I have no trouble with it, but I believe the AP and how AI flies the planes are linked, so solving one will solve the other.

Only thing I DID work out this weekend is that the Gripen's exhaust nozzle animations were reversed--it was opening when it should be closing and vice versa! Compared to it to several other FMs out there and saw what numbers to change (mostly making 1.0 into 0.1 and vice versa) and now it looks right. That did take over an hour to determine, though! :grin:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27559

In this post there is a set of ini which should solve the problem

:rolleyes:

thank you very much, if I am not mistaken she has passed 2000 downloads now :shok:

greats numbers for a great job :ok:

Just a question. Where the is the fuel indicator? :dntknw:

Just a question. Where the is the fuel indicator? :dntknw:

Well, in WOE the digital fuel readings won't work (there is no tweak to make it work) they are spciffically designed for WOI, but on the fuel MFD page you will get an indication of fuel, the external tank readings are only accurate when you have 3 drop tanks attached.

In WOI that escreens change? And what is MFD page?

In WOI that escreens change? And what is MFD page?

You mean you didn't read the readme? :biggrin: , yes the MFD's change, they change when you select different hud modes, the fuel page is on by default (left screen) it changes to the weapons page on selection of any weapon or hud mode to A/A or A/G, this works in WOE and WOI.

You mean you didn't read the readme? :biggrin: , yes the MFD's change, they change when you select different hud modes, the fuel page is on by default (left screen) it changes to the weapons page on selection of any weapon or hud mode to A/A or A/G, this works in WOE and WOI.

I dind't read because isn't in my mother language... So, it's not so easy... :biggrin:

TY fot the help!

Edited by pablitoVPT

I dind't read because isn't in my mother language... So, it's not so easy... :biggrin:

TY fot the help!

yes sorry, it is too easy to assume everyone understands english, hopefully you won't have :no: to wait long for the WOE patch, then everything will work.

TY fot the help!

tamo lá no FP pra isso :p!

qq duvida nos tenta responder o/

Edited by Silverbolt

I'm an old-timer, but never cared to know before now, so never tried.

How does one return to the "original" MFD pages? If there was a master arm or something, but I don't know of a way to switch back.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

How does one return to the "original" MFD pages? If there was a master arm or something, but I don't know of a way to switch back.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

The left and centre MFD's return to default pages when the hud is set to nav mode, the right MFD changes back when you turn off the radar.

Ah, HUD modes, I see a key for that.

Hadn't thought about it previously, as it changes automagically when you kick gear down, and there was little use until then.

But then there came the Tiffy, and shouts of great joy!

:biggrin:

Thanks, CB...