Hi my friend :biggrin:

Every info about Su-7 is needed :yes:

Primary is Su-7BM vesion for us, it is moddeled and stock. We have no other version moddeled. Just six weapon pylons we can see in Su-7BM_data.ini ant it is number for standard Su-7BKL. As we know BM was standardly equiped with four pylons (many variations in service of course).

So we have BM. We can have "BKL" with six pylons but we have no BKL 3D model moddeled. Similar to other versions.

If we want good SU-7BM, we need more info about cockpit, egine, loadouts, paint schemes etc. Than we can start general improvement of stock Su-7BM.

I am trying cockpit improvements and I have some Czechoslovak Su-7BM silver skins as WIPs with Czechosloak serials (I am planing camo scheme, but I am beginner to photoshop so I need time).

We can start engine and FM improvements in the near future, I hope. But we are still waiting for new patch. If I said "WE can start", this means anybody who want help. And as you wrote, you can help nele.

Well, and we can carry SPS-141 container under Su-7 (modelled by Fast Cargo). But I need more info about ECM containers for Su-7. You know topic about SPS-141, you posted in SPS-141 topic too, nele: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=23587&st=0

As I sad, primary version is BM.

I sent some PMs to poeple who made Su-15 pit. We will see, what we can do with Su-7 pit after their reply to my PMs.

Edited by kukulino

Ahh, so my work with my old pit. :)

I could maybe be of assistance if you list the exact things that need to be done if they aren't too time consuming. Editing/removing/adding 3d-objects is not considered time consuming. Designing a new cockpit is. So just tell me and I guess we can work something out if you want my help that is.

/Boopidoo

Ahh, so my work with my old pit. :)

I could maybe be of assistance if you list the exact things that need to be done if they aren't too time consuming. Editing/removing/adding 3d-objects is not considered time consuming. Designing a new cockpit is. So just tell me and I guess we can work something out if you want my help that is.

/Boopidoo

Hallo Boopidoo :yes:

Nice to meet you here again :biggrin:

Thanx for your interest on this project.

Yes, it is your great Su-15 cockpit :good: I can not move without you. You are cockpit author, so I can not do official things without your permission, as Wrench wrote in his post upper.

First, this is twin engine gauged pit, I do not see way how make this pit as one engine gauged pit.

Second, new gunsight box is needed. As I wrote you in mails (you got them I hope), Paladrian sent me PM with this text: "I'm willing to provide the gunsight model you want". So we can count with his help - ASP-5ND gunsight is modelled in Paladrians Mig-21F cockpit model.

This is what is needed in general.

Here are some links to Su-7 cockpit. As we can see, its construction is very close to Su-15 pit:

http://www.mzak.cz/kbely2007/

http://apolo.koprivnice.org/walkarounds/Su-7/wa_su7.htm

http://www.aviation.ru/jno/Prague98/su7bkl_cockpit.jpg

It will be great for "red side" aircraft fans if you can edit Su-15 pit. But is it possible? That's the question...

Edited by kukulino

Oh........the photo of SU-7's cockpit is much closer to Mig-21UM"s PIT... :blink:

In some details maybe. But I do not think so in general. On the other hand, new Mig-21UM cockpit is one of a few alternative pits, which we can use as Su-7 cockpit :yes: (similar to Mig-23BN).

Think this is going to be great kukolino. If it works out, the pit mod can be used to update the Iaf type s-22 fitter mod. It needs a revision anyway.

I stumbled across something last night that piqued my interest...

I was extracting and moving all the WoV A-7A and -7B bits into one of my WoE installs, and took a good look at the Corsair II's pit..

You know, with some tweeking, it might be usable for some of the Red Air birds....just have to get rid of the moving map display (which is kinda cool in it's own right)

Just a thought...

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench :biggrin:

It is good idea about A-7 cockpits for some red air birds. A-7A can be useful for Mig-17PF and PFU for example. It is not necessary delete map. It is pinned with buble gum in new "Mig pit" :haha:

Or change map with girlfriend photo :rolleyes:

Edited by kukulino

Hello again!

Please tell me which way you're going with this since I'll not do any work on a modified pit if it's not going to be used anyway.

The things I can change in the cockpit without too much work is:

- remove the gunsight

- remove the radar

- remove the rpm gauge for engine 2

- modify textures of dualk gauges so that they'll only show information for engine 1

If you have a finished model for the proper gunsight I could also insert this into the model as long as it is textured.

Hello again!

Please tell me which way you're going with this since I'll not do any work on a modified pit if it's not going to be used anyway.

The things I can change in the cockpit without too much work is:

- remove the gunsight

- remove the radar

- modify textures of dualk gauges so that they'll only show information for engine 1

If you have a finished model for the proper gunsight I could also insert this into the model as long as it is textured.

Hallo Boopidoo :yes:

My english is not the best, so I do not understand all I want :blush: By patient, please .

The only way to have workable pit Su-7, based on your Su-15, is edit your Su-15 cockpit original files. And the only person which can do it is you :yes:

I can move instruments out of sight via ini changes, but no way for new gunsight. But all my prevoius edits are not needed, if you are willing make changes in your original files.

So you wrote exactly what is needed for Su-7 pit:

- remove the gunsight

- remove the radar

I droped PM to Paladrian about your interest on Su-7 pit. He will post here about his gunsight I hope :biggrin:

You understand my reply I hope :blush:

Thanx for your willing edit your great Su-15 cockpit :clapping:

Nice.... if we can get more then "place holder" for Su-7 pit....

I use this for Su-7BM(K/L) pit:

img00089.jpg

...MoonJumper helped me with this :smile:

Edited by starfighter2

Yes, Su-17, I used it for many red birs :good:

I was not skilled in ini editing, so I had little gunsight. Well, I know after 14 months with WOE/WOV how resize it :haha:

I looked on this link and compare screenshot Boopidoos SU-15 pit:

http://www.mzak.cz/kbely2007/p1100939.jpg

According that link, there are some other instruments, but I do not know their names :dntknw:

Su-7pit2.jpg

What do you think, Boopidoo?

Hey, poeple, post your opinions too. Every info is good, I think.

Su-7 is big piece of Czechoslovak history. We had Su-7BM/BKL/U versions. Su-7 were replaced by Su-22/25 later. Similar it is big piece of all Warsav pact states history, not only of course :yes:

Edited by kukulino

Ok, I'll help but It'll take some time if that is ok? Also, the resulting cockpit will NOT be as in the picture as I see several things that aren't the same but it'll be better then the Su-15 cockpit as it is now.

/Boopidoo

Ok, I'll help but It'll take some time if that is ok? Also, the resulting cockpit will NOT be as in the picture as I see several things that aren't the same but it'll be better then the Su-15 cockpit as it is now.

/Boopidoo

No problem Boopidoo. We had no Su-7 cockpit for many times before, so we can wait, of course.

As I wrote, I sent PM to Paladrian, so he will contact you, I hope. He understand my funny english, I hope too :haha:

Thank you again for interest :clapping:

Let me know if you will miss some important info about Su-7 pit. We will search for it with Su fans :wink:

I am looking forward to new Su pit :fans:

Edited by kukulino

Cool ! I really look forward to somewhat of a "dedicated" SU-7 cockpit. Thanks in advance to all those involved :good:

I personally would like a real Su-7 pit. I can't wait to see what the gun sight does.

And don't forget, pilots, Su-7 is fighter - bomber :rolleyes:

Caslav.jpg

Su-7bum.jpg

Su-7bum2.jpg

Edited by kukulino

Thank you sparkomatic :biggrin:

Su-7 will be qualitatively on much better level than anytime before :wink:

I saw new engine sound for Su-7 in Download section (Jet Sounds Collection 2 by Spillone104): http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5910

I am working on silver skins (czechoslovak, but usable for other countries too, I hope).

Planed camo skins too.

And we will look for engine parameters and flight model in the future, I hope :yes:

And there is SPS-141 container for Su-7 too (BKL for example, but no for BM - czechoslovak service). But I have just a few photos. I will search for more info. It is not the same container like SM SPS-141 for Mig-21, and it is not the same like SPS-141 for Su-22/25. I will find better info I hope. Well oficial informations are still sectret for laics.

Edited by kukulino

Now I've at least started up 3dsm again and I've made a quick render after I've removed the gunsight and radar and added the hud. WHat do you think?

I have still to remove the rpm gauge for engine no 2 but the textures still remain for the dual gauges. I really don't know if those textures need to be edited. I guess the needles just don't move if it's a single engine a/c.

I hope that it's possible to use 3dsm9 and export to .lod since that is the version I'm using.

testrender080221a.jpg