Sign in to follow this  
GASCAN39

Gripen - Me Likes the Gripen

Great Job!!! :good:

I've tested your Gripen in flight but to me is not as manoeuvrable as the real one. (It's hard to defeat a Mig-21 MF in dogfight). :blink:

I would bet even if one suddenly found themselves in the real thing it would still be difficult to beat a MIG-21 :yes:

p.s. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Edited by craigbrierley

Great Job!!! :good:

I've tested your Gripen in flight but to me is not as manoeuvrable as the real one. (It's hard to defeat a Mig-21 MF in dogfight). :blink:

As C5 said this was a hard FM and we still cant seem to get it where we want it.

I am uploading the new version with the pit view fix right now. Thanks Amok.

Thanks again for the Gripen to all that were involved. Great fun. It is much appreciated. This year has seen some gang buster mods come out and it seems with the release of WOI (which I DL yesterday) this family of sims should have a great 08.

Thanks Again

To all who made this possible, thank you very much, fantastic work :ok::clapping: and for those of us who only have SFP1, it still works fine.

i don't know if here is the best place to ask,but...

i have WOV. how i add weapons on the game????

ex: aim-120,iris-t,meteor, bombs...

i need some patch??? if yes, what patch???

a very god work

No greater praise than that!

Now if we can just get the ladies to recognize our God-like qualities...

:good::biggrin:

i don't know if here is the best place to ask,but...

i have WOV. how i add weapons on the game????

ex: aim-120,iris-t,meteor, bombs...

i need some patch??? if yes, what patch???

The Knowledge Base is your friend. :grin:

You need the Weapons Pack, located here in the downloads section. Or you can duplicate the effort and make them yourself using the weapons editor and a 3D modeling program to make the weapons' shapes and create textures for them from scratch. I recommend the weapons pack instead!

is only download the weapons pack and install in the game????

A conditional, yes.

You d/l and install the weapons pak. But once you do so, you'll find all Soviet birds no longer have weapons available....therefore, you'll be extracting the data and loadout inis, and editing them to match the new weapons naming conventions; which uses the correct Soveit names.

The pak is also 'nationalized'....meaning there are 'nation specific' weapons for aircraft used by certain nations (for instance, Iraq has it's own set of missiles, bombs, rocket pods, etc)

In the knowledge base, is a nearly full listing of what to change, and how to do.

Link--->How To Edit Weapons for the Bunyap Weapons Pak -- includes various fixes<---Link

Read the first 3 or 4 posts carefully, as they explain what we're doing, and why.

You'll also need to read the 'how to use the weapons editor'...located here -->How to use the Weapons editor<--anothe Link

don't forget, you'll have to set the compatibility mode of th WE to "Win98/ME" for it to work.

Get used to using the Knowledge Base --and this goes for everyone!!!!-- a lot of us have spent a LOT of time going over things to help you out.

Make use of it!

Wrench

kevin stein

Keeper of KB

Very smooth and responsive, my only gripe being at higher speeds it's less maneuverable (yes I know aircraft at high speeds are inherently less maneuverable, but....), but that could be the lack of canards being implemented, but overall fun :smile:

It loaded 17.2G for me at high speed. Unfortunately it also departed when I tried to hit 5 at closer to 300KIAS.

Note 1: I did read about the FM so please don't take that as an attack on the FM; see Note 2.

Note 2: Still getting used to her and now know not to try to load high G at low speed.

Note 3: This was in WoI, not WoE.

Really been enjoying her, good work, gents!

I Agree, Amazing Bird and Pit, Thank You to everyone who worked on this plane!

Well Done!!!

It loaded 17.2G for me at high speed. Unfortunately it also departed when I tried to hit 5 at closer to 300KIAS.

Note 1: I did read about the FM so please don't take that as an attack on the FM; see Note 2.

Note 2: Still getting used to her and now know not to try to load high G at low speed.

Note 3: This was in WoI, not WoE.

Really been enjoying her, good work, gents!

Eh yeah it's twitchy sure enough, but it's nothing serious and nothing I can't compensate for anyways :good:

I can't make any guarantees about how it will perform in WOI. However I will revisit the FM when the patches for SF/WOV/WOE are released. At that time I will probably compeltely rebuild it using the WOI F-16 as the base and tweaking from there, which should put us closer to reality.

Mannie B.

Hi JAS39 makers.

Question if I may?

Is it just my rig or maybe the game? anyway I get mission acomplished, all AI's are in good shape, we are all hadding back home, but once we start final aprouch to base, thay all smash into the ground.

Any reasson for it?

It happenes both in the default germany terrain, as well as in israel terrain.

Oh, and Its on WoE.

Since this a discussion thread thought I'd steal the quote's, but, I noticed that my Gripen's were crashing as well during landing, on every terrain, Israel 2, ANW, Deuce's European, and Deuce's desert mod, in SFP1.

Any suggestion's ? :dntknw:

Edited by Atreides

Since this a discussion thread thought I'd steal the quote's, but, I noticed that my Gripen's were crashing as well during landing, on every terrain, Israel 2, ANW, Deuce's European, and Deuce's desert mod, in SFP1.

Any suggestion's ? :dntknw:

Did you read me reply?

By the way, nice sig pic..... I am a Dark Angel myself.....

Did you read me reply?

By the way, nice sig pic..... I am a Dark Angel myself.....

Just did, the fact that you didn't run into this while testing the a/c. Oh well, maybe my SFP1 folder is mucked up with the 3Gig's worth of file's and mods.

:off_topic: Yeah, dark Angel's are cool, I recently bought all the Horus Heresy art book's the paintings are just awesome. I personally love the Space Wolves and Ragnar Blackmane. Hey if you're intrested there are some fantastic high res wallpaper's for W40K, want the link ?

Nice piece of kit it is - and well done to whoever is clued up enough to have done the correct, up-to-date SAAF markings - they may not look as nice as the old Springbok-Castles, but they are dead on!

:off_topic: Yeah, dark Angel's are cool, I recently bought all the Horus Heresy art book's the paintings are just awesome. I personally love the Space Wolves and Ragnar Blackmane. Hey if you're intrested there are some fantastic high res wallpaper's for W40K, want the link ?

Sure do, send me the link please.

Emperor's servants everywhere... *said old tyranid*

I had installed the Gripen, but my weapons weren't showing up. I had followed the instructions to a T, but it just wasn't working, and I've added weapons with ease before.

Long story short, the new weapons editor should say "ONLY compatible with WOI / FE + Exp1". :biggrin:

BTW, EXCELLENT plane, it is just a joy to fly! :clapping: :clapping:

Very God work indeed :grin:

Edited by Longestpants