Hey Kalvs, this is one awesome work you have done!!!

This loading screen looks like its alive!

The green eyes of the pilot are giving me the shivers.

How many times did you hear, "I can't wait for this"

Heres another one. "I can't wait for this" :clapping:

Hat off.

"I can't wait for this"

We can't hear that enough, guys, honestly.

I feel very smart (even though somebody's probably done this before) and also very dumb. I've got a dummy IIR seeker on a forward hard point (no mass, minimal dimensions) to act as the EOTS system on the F-35, so you can still dial it in and watch your JDAMS punch earth. The laser guidance is part of the airframe itself, and the weapon release delay is such that you can't pickle it off unless you fly for 8 hours with your finger on the button.

I've got: NoJettisonWeapon=TRUE in the EOTS hardpoint field but the damn thing is still Jettisoning. Whiskey Tango Fox, over? Is there a way to prevent it from punching off when jettisoning weapons?

post-24808-1218687597_thumb.jpg

post-24808-1218687607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Klavs81

Just don't cart the station!

Oh, sorry, talkin' real life, not Thirdwire sims.

I do have to say this item you've added, along with the screenies we've seen so far has given me wood. :biggrin:

OK, maybe a little over the top, but I seriously cannot wait for this! The modern jet stable is getting so flapping cool any more, and that is my favorite area of

interest. Keep up the spectacular work, Klavs and company!

:good:

We can't hear that enough, guys, honestly.

I feel very smart (even though somebody's probably done this before) and also very dumb. I've got a dummy IIR seeker on a forward hard point (no mass, minimal dimensions) to act as the EOTS system on the F-35, so you can still dial it in and watch your JDAMS punch earth. The laser guidance is part of the airframe itself, and the weapon release delay is such that you can't pickle it off unless you fly for 8 hours with your finger on the button.

I've got: NoJettisonWeapon=TRUE in the EOTS hardpoint field but the damn thing is still Jettisoning. Whiskey Tango Fox, over? Is there a way to prevent it from punching off when jettisoning weapons?

Kalvs, can you define the forward hard point as "Targeting Pod Pylon" or something like it?

If I understand it right, on this point theres usually a FLIR pod on the F-15E and F-16I, and those pods do not jettison.

Just an idea, since I know very little to nothing of these things.

Anyway why don't you try to use the vast knowledge of some of the wizards here.

I'm sure they will be more then willing to help.

Cheers mate. :good:

And what a cockpit!!! :biggrin:

It works like a HMD? If I move " my read " to the right, the green indicators ( that I forgot how they are called ) will move too?

Edited by pablitoVPT

And what a cockpit!!! :biggrin:

It works like a HMD? If I move " my read " to the right, the green indicators ( that I forgot how they are called ) will move too?

No, sorry, no HMD, it's a little beyond WOI's capabilities at the moment. But the hud has a very, very large area, you should be able to see lock on cues up to 45 degrees to either side.

No, sorry, no HMD, it's a little beyond WOI's capabilities at the moment. But the hud has a very, very large area, you should be able to see lock on cues up to 45 degrees to either side.

Actually, Easy HUD mode kind of accurately reflects HMD. So all you really need to do is fly using Easy HUD. And great job on that pit! I really look forward to flying this thing. :good:

Edited by serverandenforcer

Klavs, I may be wrong but I don't think the line 'NoJettisonWeapon=' works... if you want to prevent a drop tank from jettisoning, use 'NoJettisionTank=', but for your situation here, what I would do is follow the F-15E's example by putting in "dummy" pods for the laser designator and TV camera and incorporate the pods into the model. For example, here are the two entries in the F-15E_DATA.ini:

[LANTIRN]

SystemType=LASER_DESIGNATOR

ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-14

CameraFOV=2.500000

SightTexture=avq23sight1.tga

CameraPosition=-0.800000,0.125000,-1.00000

CameraYaw=0.000000

CameraPitch=0.000000

CameraRoll=0.000000

EODisplayFlags=268697600

SeekerRange=30.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=120.000000

SearchFOV=5.000000

SearchTexture=avq23sight2.tga

[TV]

SystemType=EO_CAMERA

ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-13

CameraFOV=2.500000

CameraPosition=8.000000,0.125000,-1.000000

CameraYaw=0.000000

CameraPitch=0.000000

CameraRoll=0.000000

EODisplayFlags=268697600

SeekerRange=30.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=60.000000

If you don't feel like pulling out the model anymore, you could also put the pod in as a "pilot" so that it won't be seen by the game as a weapon and therefore, not jettisionable. However, when the pilot ejects, the pod is also going to fall off.

Cockpit looks great! :D

This is the entry for the normal camera but how can I get the green NVG sreen to work?! And what are the parameters for the zoom?

Klavs, I may be wrong but I don't think the line 'NoJettisonWeapon=' works... if you want to prevent a drop tank from jettisoning, use 'NoJettisionTank=', but for your situation here, what I would do is follow the F-15E's example by putting in "dummy" pods for the laser designator and TV camera and incorporate the pods into the model. For example, here are the two entries in the F-15E_DATA.ini:

You're talking about an external model...what Klavs is trying to do is have a internal 'camera' that stays on all the time, even after you drop all your weapons and have it not jettison. Having an internal designator doesn't work once you drop your last weapon (or jettison).

Klavs, I'll get back to you on the weapon bay door issue...I can't trace it down for the life of me. The F-22 suffers from the same issue...

FastCargo

You're talking about an external model...what Klavs is trying to do is have a internal 'camera' that stays on all the time, even after you drop all your weapons and have it not jettison. Having an internal designator doesn't work once you drop your last weapon (or jettison).

Klavs, I'll get back to you on the weapon bay door issue...I can't trace it down for the life of me. The F-22 suffers from the same issue...

FastCargo

Well you need both system; the built in laser designator for guidance.. and a dummy EOGR that will work as IIR camera after you drop last bomb; still it will be jettisonable,,

Can someone help me to have the right entry for the NV camera, I have the normal TV ccamera entry but what do I need to change to have the green display?

FastCargo

Ahhhh gotcha... then the only workaround I can think of is creating a pseudo-pod such as "F35_EOTS" that has the same properties as the laser designator that you want but without a .LOD... and then incorporate the .LOD into the model.

and Blackbird, I think what you're looking for is in the aircraft_avionics.ini -> use GreenTVfilter.bmp (not to derail the topic)

Outsdanding work Klavs... looks ace.... cant wait to drop some serious ordanance with that beaut

Edited by Dreamstar

And now for something completely different...

HAHA I get it!!!

Back on topic: Awesome work "youse guys"

No, the C has a bigger wingspan for carrier ops. Could be the VTOL B version.

No, the C has a bigger wingspan for carrier ops. Could be the VTOL B version.

Nope, still the A, just showing off the F-16 style skin I whipped up for it.

A Hill jet, no less.

Spent my last 3 years on IRR outta Hill AFB, Utah.

Most coolio...

:good:

hey Klavs do you like this loading screen? f35c_080318_hr.jpg

It's nice, but a little to: "Photoshop Filter beneath CGI"

Trust me, you guys will have custom made, lovingly crafted loading and menu screens for all 4 variants.

Yes, I said 4. :D

...4 models?

I smell a two seater...