I need someones help please...

can anyone here edit a tracer effect for me to look like lazer fire effect for a project\weapon im doing.

what im looking for is,not a continuous beam but rather longer tracer effect so its about 20 ft in length ish...

cheers in advance...

russ

summat like this...lol

lazer.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Russ,

open the gundata ini with the gun editor and edit the Tracer Size ( diameter) and Tracer Length values of the gun you are using in your "plane" :ph34r:

The values are metric.

yer....I re looked at data and realised im a fool...lol...I do actually know what I should do...

Thanks m8y..also I nedd to alter the damage effect so it hurts you when u have been lazed....lol

thanks again

Whatcha making Russ? :smile:

Whatcha making Russ?

Cant say but its done...just need to do the data.ini and test the sucker...lol

all I will say is you probably all have watched the programme it featured in... :good:

Edited by russouk2004

all I will say is you probably all have watched the programme it featured in...

Ok, so that statement would rule out movies...so there goes my guess at a Z-95 Headhunter!!!

That leaves TV shows.....what would have played in the UK that might have been seen here in the States???? hhhmmm.... the shape shown is probably to throw us off....

Ah!!! Angel ships from Captain Scarlet!!...but they used missiles and cannon (IIRC)

Dare I think of the modifed F.6 Lightnings used in "Wing Commander"????....nope, that was a movie. Drat!!! (uummmm Saffron Burrows....)

Well, I'm content to wait to see what Russo got up his sleeve. Considering he's in Cardiff; with it's know time-space rift, it could be anything!!! :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Whatcha making Russ? :smile:

:biggrin:

ent.jpg

So, can any of you modders make an X wing fighter from StarWars? :yes:

post-1953-1225054632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mannie

Kev...u peeped?...lol....lazer threw u...Actually it didnt have a lazer...but ive added one as artistic license...lol

also it didnt have airbrakes...so I added them....will post pics in a sec...wasnt going to say anything till it was actually ready to go ,but...

keep in mind its NOT 100% accurate as I couldnt care...lol

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Very nice Russ.

I like. :biggrin:

Gerry Anderson should have been chief designer at Hawker Siddely !

I couldnt find any pics to the weapons they had...(rockets )...so I made some and a fuel tank...the object on top of nose forward of canopy im using as a lazer....

heres the weaps...I did ...

rock.jpg

Holly s**t!!!! That was a pure shot-in-the-dark on my part!!! The Gerry Anderson shows were the only thing I could think of that had aircraft of any type that were both shown here and in the UK

Dude! That is soo cool. Methinks we'll be needed a new female pilot figure, though. As I recall, all the pilots were women.

Now, about the flying launch platform/base.....

Mannie: 4-5 years ago, bpao showed us some VEEEERRRYYY early work on the T-65s and Tie Fighter (as opposed to T/I, T/B, T/A, etc)

Wrench

kevin stein

Blackbirds: Terran aero-space interceptors, for defending the planet. Unfortunately, IIRC, NOT endo-exo atmospheric like the fighers in Space: Above & Beyond (whose name excapes me now...and Zur was working them at one time)

Wrench

kevin stein

and i think you need a properly sound for lasers like:"peeen" or "sblash", this things...

Now make a hot female pilot for it!!! No wait - they were puppets. Note to self - get out more often.

Russ, I am amazed at the 'spectrum' of your work.

SIG!!

You can add some of this:CCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG! AND WEEEEEWEEEEEEEEEEWEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

HIHIHIHI! :biggrin::haha:

Ummmmm......those are sound effects.....

Edited by johnrey

Hey Russ, I've got a bit of a beam setup working, sorta:

1-4.jpg

This is the pulse length with the short tail and sort of works for slower firing weapons. If you set your lazy beams to have a slower fire rate along the line of the fighters in something like Wing Commander, this will kinda fit.

7-1.jpg

This one has a much longer tail (up to about 1 km I think), however, this one has the problem of the beam appearing through your vehicle, as opposed to emanating from it. The pulse type I showed up there ^^ is quick enough to miss, but does this too.

5-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

Plus if you change your pitch, etc, you get this:

EagleBeam.jpg

The biggest issue(s) for me has been trying to figure out how to get the tracer to appear from a sufficient distance away from the aircraft so as to give the impression of being shot from it and to a lesser degree, seeing the beam/pulse curve over distance. At least with the latter, you can fudge it and tell potential customers that is has something to do with the Coriolis effect. :smile:

If you want, I'll post the data to recreate the visuals for these when I get home. You might be able to do something with it.