Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Teen Kills Himself on Webcam

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27841948

Some of those watching encouraged Biggs, others tried to talk him out of it, and a few were debating whether the dose he took was lethal, Crane said. It's unclear how many people were watching.

WTF is wrong with people? It doesn't surprise people were doing that though. Last night on the news, it showed teens posting on how to cheat at tests on youtube. Once again I ask....where are the parents?

Is it any wonder why I moved out of South Florida?

That entire part of the state is a head case writ large.

Pembroke Pines is a relatively nice area.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27841948

WTF is wrong with people? It doesn't surprise people were doing that though. Last night on the news, it showed teens posting on how to cheat at tests on youtube. Once again I ask....where are the parents?

My take on it is teens havn't changed much,the parents did. the parents in lots of cases stoped being parents.they are more like buddies and take no responsibility or give no disapline.They seemed more concerned with boosting a childs selfasteem unatuarly than with building character and instiling a sence of right and wrong in children.And we all know what happens look at the narcisitic ageing hippies.

My take on it is teens havn't changed much,the parents did. the parents in lots of cases stoped being parents.they are more like buddies and take no responsibility or give no disapline.They seemed more concerned with boosting a childs selfasteem unatuarly than with building character and instiling a sence of right and wrong in children.And we all know what happens look at the narcisitic ageing hippies.

cosign.jpg

I find these two parts disturbing as well:

"Biggs was dead by the time they got to his house around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Crane said. He had started blogging at 3 a.m. "

"The elder Biggs said he was upset that Justin.tv streamed his son's suicide live. "

The first quote is disturbing because it took nearly 12 hours for someone to call the police. The second one is disturbing because the dad is questioning why someone let this stream on the internet, not why his son wanted to kill himself and stream it in the first place.

The second one is disturbing because the dad is questioning why someone let this stream on the internet, not why his son wanted to kill himself and stream it in the first place.

Dad is working on suing someone. That's how people operate nowadays.

Dad is working on suing someone. That's how people operate nowadays.

you hit the nail right on the head.No matter who is responsible or what happened now after a death the family thinks "closeure" means pointing blame and to asign blame nowadays means money.Nothing is ever just an accident these days someone always has to be blamed for the survivours to get on with there lives.It dosn't matter how many people lose their jobs or how many companies or doctors have to close shop somone has to be held acountable even if no one truley is to blam.

you hit the nail right on the head.No matter who is responsible or what happened now after a death the family thinks "closeure" means pointing blame and to asign blame nowadays means money.Nothing is ever just an accident these days someone always has to be blamed for the survivours to get on with there lives.It dosn't matter how many people lose their jobs or how many companies or doctors have to close shop somone has to be held acountable even if no one truley is to blam.

This fits in a unique category of the worst post ever here at CA.................

Well, whatever your views on this subject, one thing's certain.

He won't do it again.

Well, whatever your views on this subject, one thing's certain.

He won't do it again.

:rofl:

Man, that was seriously bad. Some people think that it is seriously funny to goad someone to do it, but end up chickening themselves out when stuff actually happen.

I hope that he would never say this: "I'm hardcore"

Edited by kct

QUOTE (whiteknight06604 @ Nov 21 2008, 06:03 PM) *

Quote Jug

"This fits in a unique category of the worst post ever here at CA."

I have to disagree Jug, I believe whiteknight06604 is correct. Years ago the family would have dealt with the tragedy without a lawsuit. The websites owner has no responsibility to protect this unfortunate kid from himself, and the idea that a websites owner should be forced to monitor all activity 24-7 is draconian.

The United States federal government has been looking for a reason to crack down on the operators of political sites that are critical of corrupt government officials, this is just the kind of emotionally driven"We have got to do something" moment that they have been looking for to scare people into giving them more regulatory power.

It really is sick and sad however that people would knowingly taunt someone into suicide and disturbing how little respect many young people have for human life.

Guest pfunkmusik

I teach in a school district that has some serious drunk driving problems. It's a small, rural Czech farming community and alcohol consumption is just an accepted fact.

We lost one of our seniors last weekend to a drunk driving accident and we brought in a MADD program to address it, and one of the speakers was a survivor of a drunk driving accident who had serious and significant physical and mental problems after the accident, not the least of which, she was wheelchair-bound.

Some of the kids in the back row were mimicking her speech pattern (which was seriously hindered by her injuries to her jaw and cognition from a brain injury) and I reached over thumped one of them on the ear.

I got in trouble. No one gives rat's ass anymore and I'm beginning not to.

pfunk

QUOTE (whiteknight06604 @ Nov 21 2008, 06:03 PM) *

Quote Jug

"This fits in a unique category of the worst post ever here at CA."

I have to disagree Jug, I believe whiteknight06604 is correct. Years ago the family would have dealt with the tragedy without a lawsuit. The websites owner has no responsibility to protect this unfortunate kid from himself, and the idea that a websites owner should be forced to monitor all activity 24-7 is draconian.

The United States federal government has been looking for a reason to crack down on the operators of political sites that are critical of corrupt government officials, this is just the kind of emotionally driven"We have got to do something" moment that they have been looking for to scare people into giving them more regulatory power.

It really is sick and sad however that people would knowingly taunt someone into suicide and disturbing how little respect many young people have for human life.

Sorry Icarus99, I did not make my point well. It is my opinion that this whole thread is not worthy of attention on this forum. To me, suicide is the coward's way out and giving the poor confused fool any attention at all only brings more pain to his family and indirectly encourages copycat activity from others facing difficulty. Nobody said this ride was going to be easy.

Once again I ask....where are the parents?

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by MrCraig41

The event is in the media because its a relatively recent thing and will no doubt shock a lot of people - because broadcasting of suicides should not be acceptable or tolerated in any civilised society.

The people will then say the usual blah about how evil the WWW is etc but unless they pass a law to stop live broadcasting over it (good luck with that) then not sure it can be stopped.

Suicide happens anyway and will always happen regardless - and its often caused by other cowards (aka bullies) in society pushing them into that position - they then start to feel that they are the actual problem and feel its best for everyone if they just go.

I hope you dont work for the samaritans btw Jug :)

Sorry Icarus99, I did not make my point well. It is my opinion that this whole thread is not worthy of attention on this forum. To me, suicide is the coward's way out and giving the poor confused fool any attention at all only brings more pain to his family and indirectly encourages copycat activity from others facing difficulty. Nobody said this ride was going to be easy.

My mother committed suicide in Sept 2003. A few days prior to that I had just told her that Sheila was pregnant with our twins. I bring it to attention because this is how I deal with it. I am still dealing with it. I have not gotten over it, and probably never will.

My mother committed suicide in Sept 2003. A few days prior to that I had just told her that Sheila was pregnant with our twins. I bring it to attention because this is how I deal with it. I am still dealing with it. I have not gotten over it, and probably never will.

:blink: Oh, Sorry for think it's funny Dave :(

In fact because of what my mom did, it shaped a lot of who I am now. Never suffered from depression until she killed herself. I could deal with life better than I do now. I wasn't as angry as I feel all the time. Life was better before she killed herself at age 52. My mom and I were close. But because of what she did, she can not see Glendon and Joe (my sons) as they are now. She never got to see her twin granddaughters. Suicide never has been and never will be an answer. Because of what she did I am still paying for it now. I want to know why she did it, I want to know why God let it happen. I want to know why my sister, brother and father who were with her all the time, knew how bad her depression had gotten and failed to tell me.

So many of you want to know why I walk around with a chip on my shoulder, that is why. There is no getting over it and moving on. Doesn't work like that at all. Losing a relative to car accident, to a disease etc is terrible enough. But to lose your mother because she did it with her own hand is a tragedy and it hangs over my head everyday.

In fact because of what my mom did, it shaped a lot of who I am now. Never suffered from depression until she killed herself. I could deal with life better than I do now. I wasn't as angry as I feel all the time. Life was better before she killed herself at age 52. My mom and I were close. But because of what she did, she can not see Glendon and Joe (my sons) as they are now. She never got to see her twin granddaughters. Suicide never has been and never will be an answer. Because of what she did I am still paying for it now. I want to know why she did it, I want to know why God let it happen. I want to know why my sister, brother and father who were with her all the time, knew how bad her depression had gotten and failed to tell me.

So many of you want to know why I walk around with a chip on my shoulder, that is why. There is no getting over it and moving on. Doesn't work like that at all. Losing a relative to car accident, to a disease etc is terrible enough. But to lose your mother because she did it with her own hand is a tragedy and it hangs over my head everyday.

Yeah, there is no such thing as "closure", you just get better at dealing with it.

Peace, Dave :victory:

As someone who has dealt with severe depression and suicidal thoughts and experiences since i was 17, i have to feel something akin to scorn and disdain at this episode.

This webcasting thing is beyond words, personally i'm looking(or was) at a self inflicted gunshot to the head in a motel room. Why grandstand? It's your life, so why should you expose it to be prostituted by the scum that is the denziens of the lowest of the World Wide Web?

I wish to hell i was 19 again. I doubt i'd be posting at this very site if my life had went on it's true and proper course back then. Life is just beginning to enter it's most fruitful stage and a someone throws it away.

I can only shake my head at the whole incident.

Just to remember the Jonestown massacrer... in november 18, 1978....