Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

STRIKE FIGHTERS 2

Gerwin

I like the extractor but is there anyway we can have it like the old extractor where we can pick and choose what files we want to extract? SF2 has 4 Objectdata. cat files and for someone who may have limited hard drive space, unpacking all 4 just to look for a single file would not be an option.

I don't feel like programming it from scratch, and the coding library I use has no good big-list functions. If you want a Graphical user interface It would be a good idea to team up with Dragon Unpacker or something similar, and see if a cat-plugin can be made.

...CAMPAIGN CARRIER OPS...

post-2412-1230700857_thumb.jpg

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=A-4B Skyhawk

AircraftShortName=A-4

AircraftDataFile=A-4B_data.ini

LoadoutFile=A-4B_loadout.ini

CockpitDataFile=A-4B_cockpit.ini

LoadoutImage=A-4B_loadout.tga

UserList=A-4B_UserList.ini <------------------------ Any one know what this does? Can't seem to find the same file for it.

HangarScreen=A-4B_hangar.bmp

LoadingScreen=A-4B_Loading.bmp

I understand about the Weapons needing a Tool. Effects not working yet.........But has anybody added a Terrain yet?

331KB

has anybody added a Terrain yet?

331KB

YEP :biggrin:

JUST ADD IT TO YOUR TERRAIN FOLDER IN THE <USER>\SAVED GAMES\THIRDWIRE\STRIKEFIGHTERS2 FOLDER.....

MAKE SURE THE *.CAT FILE IS WITH IT :ok:

YEP :biggrin:

JUST ADD IT TO YOUR TERRAIN FOLDER IN THE <USER>\SAVED GAMES\THIRDWIRE\STRIKEFIGHTERS2 FOLDER.....

MAKE SURE THE *.CAT FILE IS WITH IT :ok:

HEY SID, DO YOU HAVE TO YELL!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

EHH!!!! EHHHH!!!! :nono:

...EH. :ok:

JUST BEIN HELPFUL IS ALL :biggrin:

Thanks Sid,

But You don't need a .CAT File in the Terrains Folder anymore......

I'll use the Range as an example. Make a Folder in Your Mod Folder as "Terrains". You know, C:\Documents\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2\....Terrain. In the Terrain Folder, A Folder containing all Files pretaining to "Range" be installed.

As before, We needed a .Cat File renamed to whatever for the Terrain to work.........NOT ANY MORE.

In "Range.INI" you'll need to change this

CatFile=Desert.CAT

to

CatFile=C:\StrikeFighters2\Terrains\Desert.CAT

Just point it to the Terrains File in the "Core" of the Game to the .CAT File, That's it. No more copying the .CAT over to that particular Terrain Folder and Re-nameing........

This new Version will make cleaner Installs.......Very Cool! :good:

331KB

soooo ummm has anyone figured out the whole weapons dilemma yet? :dntknw:

Yeah, no new weapons editor, no new weapons. TK is supposed to be updating the old one shortly.

BTW, I'm trying to add CA_Stary's desert update, but I can't get it to work, the game just CTD on first load up.

Edited by suhsjake

Having XP with box version of Strike Fighters Gold installed, and hesitating between SF2 and First Eagles Gold, I'm more and more leaning towards the Great War.

Damn, I couldn't hesitate more. Downloading SF2 now. First Eagles Gold too.

Supporting TK and Thirdwire makes one feel better, that's sure :smile:

(ok, I can't stand the old Scooter pits anymore after seeing the new ones :biggrin: )

ok, I can't stand the old Scooter pits anymore after seeing the new ones

*draws a PR kill mark on the side of the keyboard*

So I added my Desert terrain mod to SF2. Interesting thing is I noticed - .tod objects cast now shadows:

The weird thing is that I had to drop both SF2 desert.cat(!) and files from the mod to my "\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Terrains" folder, not Terrains\Desert folder like used to (doing so causes permanent CTD)

That's because SF2's Desert.INI doesn't specify where the CAT File should be.....

...you would have to make the entry again.

The weird thing is that I had to drop both SF2 desert.cat(!) and files from the mod to my "\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Terrains" folder, not Terrains\Desert folder like used to (doing so causes permanent CTD)

noticed that too when i add the germay terrain to sfp2, the cat file must be in the "root" directory "terrain" and not in the subdirectory "germany" (but all the other files can stay in the subdirectory

noticed that too when i add the germay terrain to sfp2, the cat file must be in the "root" directory "terrain" and not in the subdirectory "germany" (but all the other files can stay in the subdirectory

I just moved my VietnamSEA + GH2 to SF 2 -I had to extract ALL the files from WOV's Vietnamsea.cat. Seems the "old"CAT format causes CTDs. Then some files have to be overwrite with mod-specific files, so be cautious what you do.

Conclusion: anything for desert goes to \Terrains folder, other terrains go to their respective subfolders of \Terrains, trying other maps now

Edit: SidDogg may be right with the ye olde CAT pointer in terrain .ini

Edited by CA_Stary

Anyone tried stock A4F_SCRAMBLE mission? Big fun :biggrin:

Dawn. A ****load of Fishbeds and Fitters coming at the airfield you take off from. At the end of the runway some friendly tanks are trying to hold off a horde of enemy armour. Right behind their ranks a couple ZSU-57 are lighting the whole sky with their firecrackers.

It's col man!

Anyone succeded in adding effects to SF2? Simple "Effects" folder doesn't work for me. The particlesystem.ini file is the same as before.

Effects are broke (for 3rd party).

Murphy you can't add weapons becuase TK hasnt released the new weps editor.

I am going to buy it to support TK. He is one of the developers (and infact the only dev) who updates his title atleast on monthly basis.

I just hope that he will give us a new aircraft with fixes in each patch for SF2 (and ,ayability to man different pos in say A-6). Now that would be Christmas every month :whistling:

and...will we have new forum section and download section for SF2? It seems that previous stuff may not work in this new title.

and no multiplayer???? 

/hides in the bomb shelter

Edited by Amj

What is going on with the missiles in SF2?! Picture this scenario;

I'm flying the 1967 Quick Sand Campaign in a USAF F-4C. It's supposed to be a run of the mill CAP mission, yeah? :nono: Think again.

Our primary target is a filght of IL-28s and I squeal with glee when I realise they're 14 miles away at my 12 o'clock heading in the same direction as me :biggrin: . I kick in my burners and get to within boresight range (10 miles). AIM-7Es are selected, I lock on to one

at about eight miles and shoot. Although the radar remains locked on my target, the AIM-7E drops to the ground like a rock after

a few seconds flight. Ah, never mind; I shoot Sparrow no.2. Guess what? Another dud :blink: . Same story with my remaining two

AIM-7Es. I also had four AIM-9Bs but I might as well have popped the canopy and started throwing rocks. Apparently IL-28s

don't like being tickled too much by AIM-9Bs :lol:

I know that Sparrow missiles often turned out to be 'duds' or faulty during dogfights in Vietnam - dropping to the ground during attempted launches. Is this a new feature?

Interesting feature but all this realism will make the game much harder. One thing I have noticed after the October patch in WoE and WoV is that sometimes missiles will self destruct randomly in flight. I think this is another realism thing and not a bug.

I know that Sparrow missiles often turned out to be 'duds' or faulty during dogfights in Vietnam - dropping to the ground during attempted launches. Is this a new feature?

Those Sparrows in your aircraft were just for a display, to scare enemy and to impress pretty waving women on the ground

Interesting feature but all this realism will make the game much harder. One thing I have noticed after the October patch in WoE and WoV is that sometimes missiles will self destruct randomly in flight. I think this is another realism thing and not a bug.

Thats been there since Strike Fighters 1 - and yes its not a bug