Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

STRIKE FIGHTERS 2

Unless multiplay is fixed, I'm not going to toch this one with a 10 foot stick. Nor will I tough the others. Why should I purchase something I already have, something that's already broken? Nothing like throwing good money after bad. Sorry TK.

I had about half-a-dozen missions last night (1 x F-100D and 5 x Various Phantoms) and really enjoyed it. It has a look somewhere between SFG and WOV and the aircraft textures are really nice. I like the afterburners too!

I'm not a head in the cockpit guy but it does look different and the terrain looks a bit better. Whilst it's a pity about the F-104G the 'extra' Phantoms more than make up for that - by a factor of 10!

Seems that missions no longer re-generate when you exit campaign and then return to it. I.e. I can't get a Fighter Sweep then quit to main menu, load saved campaign and get CAS instead.

- does it have the same voices? I have to tell you that WOI was a major disappointment for me since I have yet to meet an Israeli pilot with a southern US accent...and the callsigns didnot change either...obviously that did not have to change for SF2, but for WOI it kind of stung a bit.

- I take it that it works in XP still?

Yessir, DX9 or 10, which is XP or Vista.

As long as you have the November update to DX9.0c, you're Golden.

I just wonder why it is that M$ won't upgrade the name beyond 9.0c, which it has been through many upgrades...

:dntknw:

Please, everyone, remember that until we'll have new working CAT extractor, it's not much to work with.

TK stated he'll release new set of tools for SF2 and titles to follow, but anyone have idea if some CAT manpulator will be available?

Also could someone post pics of all Skyhawk revamped pits? Not that I'm in love with A-4, but it's one of my preferred means of destruction :diablo:

Also could someone post pics of all Skyhawk revamped pits?

A-4B

img00021.jpg

A-4C

img00023.jpg

A-4E

img00025.jpg

A-4E (67)

img00027.jpg

A-4F Same as above

img00029.jpg

A-4B

A-4C

A-4E

A-4E (67)

A-4F Same as above

Superb! Thanks Gr.Viper!

Seems that missions no longer re-generate when you exit campaign and then return to it. I.e. I can't get a Fighter Sweep then quit to main menu, load saved campaign and get CAS instead.

Thats a good thing surely :good:

We had so many free updates to previous games already. Why not pay for this one?

May buy to support the cause - and thats it - theres more than 1 reason why SF:P1 and SFG left my HD years ago!

The new terrain still doesnt look as good to me as the Deuces repaint which was ace!

Hey lets hope it works on Windows 7 :biggrin:

Hey lets hope it works on Windows 7 :biggrin:

Disabling shaders for DX 11 should do the trick :biggrin:

Guest pfunkmusik

It looks nice. Any chance it comes with a carrier? I notice a Scooter still on a tarmac.

pfunk

Given the choice, I'll probably wait to see how each game would integrate with each other. It might be not to everyone's satisfaction, but there are simply many things that we do not know of...yet.

TK said for those who want to poke around and make stuff (like a new CAT extractor) the difference between the old and new is unicode. And he was completely honest that the new releases wouldn't have much to really be worth it to people on XP with all the games already, so I'd hardly call that a con job.

Anyone know if he changed the UVW mapping on the new models or not? Will our hundreds of F-4 skins be useless like alot of the old mig-21 skins?

Anyone know if he changed the UVW mapping on the new models or not?

Uhhh... he might have. All player planes have some new details added to them so models were altered. Textures are new too, with more detail.

Camo textures are not lying open in objects folder anymore so no way to check yet. :dntknw:

Well, make your own rules in options.ini

It would be interesting to install several of these next-gen TW sims when they're out and make one mod folder for all. Sort of merged mod install.

tried to modify it in order too add plane, unfortunately it didn't work

the plane appears nowhere.

somebody successful in adding a plane?

re: Decals

instead of editing all the decal inis, you can create subdirectories in the ..\my documents(or saved games in vista)\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 folder which match the decal path as given in the decals ini

example

FileName=F-16A\USAFHill\D\serial

StrikeFighters2\Objects\Decals\F-16A\USAFHill\D\

that way it is possible to keep an overview about all the decals and creating some folders is less work then editing all the inis

edit: fixed typo in the decal folder path

Edited by Crusader

Thats a good thing surely :good:

Hmm... I'm not so sure about that now. :dntknw: It didn't generate different missions in some tests, but now I loaded game again and got the engine to give me completely different assignments again... :sorry:

re: Decals

instead of editing all the decal inis, you can create subdirectories in the ..\my documents(or saved games in vista)\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 folder which match the decal path as given in the decals ini

example

FileName=F-16A\USAFHill\D\serial

StrikeFighters2\Objects\Decals\F-16A\USAFHill\D\

that way it is possible to keep an overview about all the decals and creating some folders is less work then editing all the inis

edit: fixed typo in the decal folder path

Sorry Otto, but you confused me.

Keep the file naming as FileName=F-16A\USAFHill\D\serial

But the add a folder in the StrikeFighters2\Objects\ and call it Decals\F-16A\USAFHill\D\ ?

eh... santa was close andI in a hurry...

sooo...

dont touch the decals ini's

make new DECALS folder in ..\StrikeFighters2\Objects

make new subdirectories which match the decal path for the particular aircraft and skin

e.g.

Objects\Decals\F-16A\USAFHill

that means you make a "F-16A" folder inside Decals folder, then a "USAFHill" folder inside F-16A folder etc...

then move the skins decal subfolder ( most have it named "D") or the loose decals into the new subdirectory...

which would be in this example case:

move "D" from Objects\Aircraft\F-16A\USAFHill\D\ <--------- that D folder

to

Objects\Decals\F-16A\USAFHill <---------- into USAFHill

clear as mud...no ?

Edited by Crusader

tried to modify it in order too add plane, unfortunately it didn't work

the plane appears nowhere.

somebody successful in adding a plane?

I copied my F-14A folder from WOE, and pasted it in \My Documents\ThirdWire<Strike Fighters 2\Objects\Aircraft

Plane is there, I have 100% correct loadout screen;

I can fly it;

I can use rader and fire missiles;

BUT there is a problem with the cockpit, since the F-14A mod used a lot of stuff from the old Phantom pit. I will look into how I can fix this.

Effects are gone of course, and I do not knwo where I have to put the effects now (no effects folder?) Maybe I just have to add an effects folder in the My Documents Thirdwire folder?

the effects folder goes into (for XP ) my documents\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2\

but...

apparently its not working for now.. TK is looking into it.