Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ok Here Is the Big Question.

mike: try Jennifer Garner (Alias, Daredevil, Electra)

Interesting to note the terrain choices here...

Wrench

kevin stein

mike: try Jennifer Garner (Alias, Daredevil, Electra)

O.K. I'll try her - send her over....

No Battle of Britain terrain choices here...Hmmffg...Man once you do a WW2 install, you'll never go back!

Mpd

O.K. I'll try her - send her over....

No Battle of Britain terrain choices here...Hmmffg...Man once you do a WW2 install, you'll never go back!

Sick to death of WWII sims. Besides if you want a Battle of Britain fix you need to buy Battle of Britain II. You cant get out of WOE what you can get out of Battle of Britain II.

My choices

SFP1 (Patched to Oct 08)

MF F-8J, Erikgens RF-101C, Bobrocks AV-8B

TMF Weps Pack, Wide Sky

Updated Madascagar terrain by Deuces and CA_Stary

The scenario.

You get one install of a 3rd Wire sim. So which sim?

You only get to install 3, 3rd party aircraft.

You get 2, 3rd party non aircraft mods.

You get only 1, 3rd party terrain.

So what do you choose?

WOE

S-105, Su-27, Canadair CL-13B Mk6

WOE tree mod (does not matter which edition, but if needed, basic "green"), Widesky

Korea

Sick to death of WWII sims. Besides if you want a Battle of Britain fix you need to buy Battle of Britain II. You cant get out of WOE what you can get out of Battle of Britain II.

That is probably true but I have to tell you, I would love to have a high-def Spitfire to fly around in (a BoB era one would be fine, but I'd love a late-model Griffon-engined beast). Unfortunately so many of the WWII aircraft are crap jobs--I wish Jim were still around. :cray:

That is probably true but I have to tell you, I would love to have a high-def Spitfire to fly around in (a BoB era one would be fine, but I'd love a late-model Griffon-engined beast). Unfortunately so many of the WWII aircraft are crap jobs--I wish Jim were still around. :cray:

Amen.

1. WoV
  2. TMF F-14A, F-4ES, MiG-25(target)
  3. CA_Stary´s Ejecting pilots, TMF weapons Pack
  4. Israel 2

Easy choice: WoV has carriers, most diverse flyable planeset, and is based on history (the carriers are what make it a slightly better deal than WoI).

1 mod takes care of just about everything from planes to terrain to missions: YAP (even better carrier, much better terrain, almost every plane/object you could want, and of course 100 detailed historical missions).

However, the arrival of SF2 changes the situation. I want WoV2. If I have to do it myself, I can force YAP/YAP2 to work with WoV2.

Well my problem with this is basically in which situation, is this reffereing about mods I "can't live" without or more based around my current setup?

If it's about mods I can't live without then...

1. WoeOct2008

2. F-16,MiG-29,Su-27(with WoE's F-15A this can give me a nice USAF vs VVS kick off)

3. my WoE higher res job(Stary's trees are included ;)))) ), my customized TMF WoE/WoV Feb2008 wep pack

4. probably Korea

In the end I will just add that this would be too cruel, and that I agree with column5's inital comment lol

In the end I will just add that this would be too cruel, and that I agree with column5's inital comment lol

That is because you 2 lack the intestinal fortitude to make mod sacrifices. :lol:

j/k

Easy choice: WoV has carriers, most diverse flyable planeset, and is based on history (the carriers are what make it a slightly better deal than WoI).

1 mod takes care of just about everything from planes to terrain to missions: YAP (even better carrier, much better terrain, almost every plane/object you could want, and of course 100 detailed historical missions).

However, the arrival of SF2 changes the situation. I want WoV2. If I have to do it myself, I can force YAP/YAP2 to work with WoV2.

Ahh... but WOE has carriers too. You just have to extract them and make a couple .ini edits! Unless that counts as one of the mods allowed.

My answer to the "Big Question" assumed that I could use carriers in WOE.

Dont over think it guys, like streakeagle.....you are such a douche bag (joking) :lol:

Just answer it like I set up the catagories. For simplicity sake.

Ok fast and simple......

I know ur goin to bust my balls about this but......

WOV

&

YAP (can't make the foot work with out the Knee......)

Edited by colmack

You all have re affirmed my belief that the human race is doomed to die because it can't follow instructions. :smile::lol:

You all have re affirmed my belief that the human race is doomed to die because it can't follow instructions. :smile::lol:

Hey remember those tests they used to give where the first instruction was "Read the entire test before starting" and the last instruction was "Disregard all the previous instructions, sign your name and turn in the paper."

Then in between there were all these crazy things like "stand up and dance," etc...

LOL

Mpd

My first thought was that WW2 isn't really a starter with a 3 aircraft-type limit because that would be it, with no stock WW2 planes to fill out the game. Although I suppose you could do BoB with a choice from Spit/Hurri, 109/110 and He-111/Ju-88/Do-17

How about this one though:

1) WOE

2) TMF F-14A Tomcat, AD's A6M Zero, DAT SH-3 Seaking

3) DO's CVN, Widesky

4) Wrench's upcoming Pearl Harbour

To quote the great Rolf Harris: 'Can you tell what it is yet?' :biggrin:

Hey remember those tests they used to give where the first instruction was "Read the entire test before starting" and the last instruction was "Disregard all the previous instructions, sign your name and turn in the paper."

Then in between there were all these crazy things like "stand up and dance," etc...

LOL

Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about....

:smile:

The scenario.

So what do you choose?

1st: WoE

2nd: F-104G_GN, Razbams A-1J & TMF´s RF-4C

3rd: Widesky mod & germany_ce seasoned autumn update

4th: Black Sea

Edited by Soulfreak

LOL

Actually, my dad once spoke of a test like that when he was in highschool. He read the entire instructions and it only told him to sign his name, not to answer any of the questions, and to turn the paper in. Apparenltly he was the only one who did that and nobody in the class understood how he was able to finish so quickly. :rofl:

Edited by serverandenforcer

How about this one though:

1) WOE

2) TMF F-14A Tomcat, AD's A6M Zero, DAT SH-3 Seaking

3) DO's CVN, Widesky

4) Wrench's upcoming Pearl Harbour

To quote the great Rolf Harris: 'Can you tell what it is yet?' :biggrin:

No! there shall not be any installs that are dedicated to re-enacting movies! Even though "The Final Countdown" actually wasn't too bad.

okay, here's mine.

WOV(patched, of course.)

F-14A, A-10, MiG-23

Green Hell, .CAT extractor

And probably Cuba for the other map, if only because it is the only other terrain I've ever used and because it was sorta the same era as vietnam.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

The scenario.

WOI

Typhoon, MiG-29 & Su-27, the latter 2 for competent adversaries.

TMF weapons, weapons editor.

Bering Straits

I used quotes so I couldn't possibly mess it up. :biggrin:

And you do the hokey-poky

D'oh! :blink: