Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Other F-111 Projects Left to Do

Definitely Manatee...love it.

But every body likes manatees. Because of the short nose it does make sense.

Tuna?

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

As of 1997-99 the F-111B still existed, in the boneyard. No, not Davis-Monathan but in the back 40 at China Lake. Seems the Navy want's this dog-turd out site forever.

Well maybe we can get FC to do an RF-111A....... :smile:

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL

EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEAS

EPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL

EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Will it have Eels? An eel slither across the Raven's football into its intake.

EELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

F-111B Flying Turd?

Wouldn't terds be insulted?

OK Gruppe. I am no fan of this airplane that if we named it would insult anything on God's green Earth if we named it but it might have a home or at least a niche in this warpaint:

Hmm? I should snivel for a Skyraider in this skin.

Edited by charlielima

I think the ol' girl would look bitchen in black!

Some strategically placed whites bits, and the Orca would fit...

:biggrin:

I think the ol' girl would look bitchen in black!

Some strategically placed whites bits, and the Orca would fit...

:biggrin:

Well, they do say black makes you look thinner... I don't think we have enough paint to make this one look like a fighter.

Vamp

Say what you will, but the 'B' is a good looking bomber! I could easily visualize this on a carrier deck in the place of an A-3 or A-5...

Say what you will, but the 'B' is a good looking bomber! I could easily visualize this on a carrier deck in the place of an A-3 or A-5...

Agree!

Wouldn't terds be insulted?

I suppose it would have been nicknamed the "BUMF".... You can figure that one out, yourselves :biggrin:

Except that a) it was meant as a fighter and b) even in a bomber role they wouldn't have been able to shave enough weight for carrier operation, especially with any useful bomb load (or they would have had to jettison any remaining ordnance before even trying to land).

BUMF = Barely Usable Manatee Fighter ? :biggrin:

BUMF = Barely Usable Manatee Fighter ? :biggrin:

BUMF = Big Unusable McNamara Failure

Or for a more realistic assesment...

TTMCN = Transfer To Marine Corp Now

or they would have had to jettison any remaining ordnance before even trying to land.

I agree, who needs that lardass of a co-pilot anyways! :biggrin:

Besides, the Tomcat couldn't return to the deck with 6 Phoenixes...

I agree, who needs that lardass of a co-pilot anyways! :biggrin:

Besides, the Tomcat couldn't return to the deck with 6 Phoenixes...

But it could bring back 4 Phoenixes, 2 Sparrows and 2 winders.

Exactly, so imagine the trouble with a plane weighing empty nearly as much as a fully loaded Tomcat. ^^

No, the only good point of the F-111B is that it was so messed up it gave time to the US Navy to refine their requirement and gain enough political pressure to mostly get their way with the VFX.

Had the F-111B been just a little better (well, a lot more to be honest) it might have been adopted and the Tomcat would never had seen the light of day...

Edited by Gunrunner

BUMF definatly.

Totaly in agreement with Say What and Spinners. Hey why not? The Phantom was originally designed as a strike aircraft. Hey Spinners has anybody told you your avatar is kinda scary.

Exactly, so imagine the trouble with a plane weighing empty nearly as much as a fully loaded Tomcat. ^^

No, the only good point of the F-111B is that it was so messed up it gave time to the US Navy to refine their requirement and gain enough political pressure to mostly get their way with the VFX.

Had the F-111B been just a little better (well, a lot more to be honest) it might have been adopted and the Tomcat would never had seen the light of day...

We might not have got the splendid F-4S either.

Edited by charlielima

BUMF = Big Unusable McNamara Failure

Or for a more realistic assesment...

TTMCN = Transfer To Marine Corp Now

HEY NOW, thats messed up, and besides, even the Marine Corps wouldnt claim that worthless hunk of.....well, u can figure the rest out, lol.

why?

The A-5 pretty much maxed out the edge of practicality on a flight deck. The bigger and heavier F-111B in any role would have been a nightmare.

Nice article here on comparing the two.

http://www.bobjellison.com/RA5C_Vigilante4.htm

I like Orca for a name!

A vigilante with TF-30 would be intresting or better yet with F110-400

Love all f-111 versions great job, it is one of my favorite aircraft, except the B but Im using it as a land based anti-ship bomber in my fictional campaing

Edited by rotarycrazy

cant get the B to grab a wire it bolters everytime

[Tailhook]

SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK

MaxDeflection=-30.0

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=2.5

RetractTime=2.0

ModelNodeName=hook

[\/\/\/\/ taken from F-4J]

HookArmLength=4.16

AttachmentPosition=0.0,-3.59,-0.79