MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Aren't first impressions great, when I first glanced at that elevator I though it said Dentist.....Now that would strike fear in anyone. :yikes:

Beard

Hihi! Yes, it does - I'll have to go to the dentist soon, and I'd rather do a real life combat flight.

"Denkste!" is a low German slang for "Das denkst Du Dir!" - translated somehow as:

"You thought you would !..."or "You only thought you could!"

Edited by Olham

Olham,

That's a fair bit of cheek!

Today, we would probably translate that as "Think so?"

or, "You and whose Air Force?"

Cheers,

shredword

Look mom I can fly without wings.

Many thanks to the Devs team and the Forum Moderators for providing this place for players to share their user made videos. Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven and Hell - and the expansion - Hat in the Ring, present the finest, most historically accurate WWI flight sim available anywhere. Now, in addition to stories "from the Front" and screenshots, players will be able to post videos that they have made showing what their actual experiences in OFF BH&H and HitR are. The purpose of this sticky is to have fun and share with others the wide variety of experiences you can expect when flying Over Flanders Fields. If you are new to the Forums, please check out the videos and see for yourself why OFF has developed such a strong, passionate following among flight sim fans. We very much hope you'll join us - no matter which side of the war you choose!

May I respectfully request that when we post videos, for convienence sake we use the following format: Video Name (video play time) and an "HD" if the video is available in high definition. Then post the link below.

Be sure to select 1080 or 720 HD in the lower right hand corner of the video if it is an HD video. If you have a slower connection, please start the video, press pause and wait for the red bar to fill up, then press play again. The video will be cached and play without pauses dues to lack of bandwidth.

To start, here are three videos from yours truly.

World War One Flight Sims (5:15) HD

Olhams Triplane (3:46) HD

If Only I'd had a cigarette (30 seconds) HD

I hope some of the other video makers will post their work too. There are some extremely talented "movie-makers" here in Over Flanders Fields and this is the perfect place to share your fantastic work.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Here's a new one I just finished. If I may say so, it has some of the most intense combat footage I have shot yet. I was working hard the entire time in the cockpit. Fokker DR1s are awesome turn fighters but camerwork can be hard because they are so twitchy! I still need some more flight time in them, but I did better than I thought I would. I hope you enjoy some of the more spectacular kills.

Over Flanders Fields - Player Reviews (5:07) HD

All quotes were taken either directly from the www.overflandersfields.com site of word for word from the video review (at motorstv.com).

Hellshade

Another gem, Hellshade, and I like the text comments, although it's hard to read them and watch at the same time.. have you thought about adding some spoken narration instead? I think it would be really cool..

Also, ask for some help with your video tearing problem, many here have been able to solve it or lessen it and it would improve your films alot.

Thanks again,

Hey Rabu,

I have been working on that video tearing problem all day and I've come to the conclusion that it's got nothing at all to do with over taxing my system or video card. I've tried setting TrackIR priority to High, lowering terrain and scenery detail, switching TrackIR smoothness setting from 100 down to 25. Those all helped a little or not at all. Then I flew on a totally cloudy day mission...no blue sky anywhere...and poof, no screen tearing! So to prove to myself it wasn't performance related, I set all sliders on 5 and even set Ground Object Density in the workshop to "High" for maximum trees, houses, etc. Re-flew the QC and selected Thunderheads for weather. As you can see by the video below, no screen tearing or jaggies at all. Something about the blue sky in OFF seems to cause the issue. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? I would definately like to get rid of them.

Dogfight on a Cloud Day (3:24) HD

Hellshade

More great vids there Hellshade, well done Sir. Not sure what to tell you on that blue sky tearing issue as I don't have the problem myself. After getting my system dialed in I don't see any video distortion of any kind regardless of weather, number of planes, etc.

BTW, here is an 8 minute video I did some time back of a dogfight between a Camel and a DR1, set to Mozart:

As you can see there's blue sky in this one and no white jaggies. Hope you get the glitch sorted out Hellshade, and keep up the fine work. good.gif

Cheers!

Lou

Edited by RAF_Louvert

LOU,

That's a great video. If i ever see that "Dragon Camel" over Flanders i will run like hell.

"Otto!...Get the repair kit ready...I'm coming in!!"

UK Widowmaker,

I can see the early design of the Fokker DVIII (Razor).

Well done.

m

UK Widowmaker,

I can see the early design of the Fokker DVIII (Razor).

Well done.

m

haha Morris...I was thinking the same thing, as I plummeted 5,000 ft into the Ground! :lol:

Screwed perhaps, but nerves of steel as revealed by this close-up...

wm_d7_roast.jpg

Screwed perhaps, but nerves of steel as revealed by this close-up...

wm_d7_roast.jpg

I do beleive he's cooking a sausage.

Heh, well I guess there's a reason they call it "Sausage Side" grin.gif

Here's a picture I just took on the way back home from my last dawn mission, some of our brave Lads moving up to the front at Arras:

"Marching into eternity..."

marchingintoeternity.jpg

Looks like a postcard scene.

M