Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

What Music Evokes Flying To You The Most?

With all the "favorite plane" threads and "which cessna will you drool over at the airport on the 17th" threads I've seen on various websites, I thought I'd do something different, what Songs make you think of flying the most? Mine are the theme from "The Rocketeer" and the RAF March form "The Battle of Britain" that plays whenever a group of Spits downs some He-111's.

"Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd...

Radar Love!

and of course theres always 'Dreams' from VH, makes me think of the blue angels for some reason B)

A new track I just heard... Arcana by Pablo Gargano.

TRANCE IS KING!

Mine song is about the Battle of Britian and played by Iron Maiden. The title is "Aces High". Very realistic song about the pilots.

Further the album of movie Top Gun.

For Helicopters is it the song "paint it black" of the Rolling Stones. All credits goes to tv serie Tour of Duty about this.

Salute

Dutchy

Kid Rock singing "Cocky"

:)

Perhaps Vid 3 when Cowboy is finished...

Cheers

Beer

Mine song is about the Battle of Britian and played by Iron Maiden. The title is "Aces High". Very realistic song about the pilots.

Further the album of movie Top Gun.

For Helicopters is it the song "paint it black" of the Rolling Stones. All credits goes to tv serie Tour of Duty about this.

Salute

Dutchy

Oh hell ya Tour of Duty owned! Me and my brother just called it "Nam Show" like "DUDE DUDE DUDE!! NAM SHOW's ON!!!"

A new track I just heard... Arcana by Pablo Gargano.

TRANCE IS KING!

Trance is good, but I like hard house alot more, my brother's into jungle and that industrial stuff called "diesle boy" or something, but yeah electronica is great.

Trance is good, but I like hard house alot more

Hmmmm... kinda sounds like cheerleader dance routin music to me... ya know every vocal is at like +25 pitch.... Alvin and the chipmonks over 180 bpm :P :P :P

Atleast you're listening to something thats not hip hop or pop... just tragic those people. :D B)

EDIT: The track I meant to say is "Osho" its the flipside to "Arcana" :blink:

Edited by snapple2993

TC 223, are you Dutch? Van Halen has his name of two Dutch brothers in the band.

And "Radar Love" is one of the best songs of one of mine best Rock bands ever Golden Earring. From the Netherlands.

Whatever it is TC 223. I like your kind of music....... B)

IT ROCK'S!!!!!!

For those about to rock I salute you,

Dutchy

The Van Halen brothers moved to Pasadena when Eddie was 6 years old. He's about as dutch as I am (mother's family goes back to the Van Syclans who owned most of Brooklyn when old New York was once New Amsterdam).

oh yeah and.....anything by Joe Satriani i.e. Big Bad Moon or The Extremist for dogfighting, Always With You Always With Me for when I want to be elegant and do Cuban 8's and whatnot.

Edited by MCG_Rattlesnake

For flying Helos it's been Pipeline and Miserlu by Agent Orange and low and fast in fixed wing, Lust for Life by Iggy Pop. Actually the Ramones have some good tunes to strafe to also.I dare you to make a run blasting I Wanna Be Sedatedand not get hyped up. B)

Just about anything from Metallica's Black album...ohhhh yeahhhh!

I also used to listen to that album to get pumped up to play hockey. B)

I love "Surfin with the Alien" by Joe Satriani, and for some reason when I get cleared for what we call a "slam dunk" visual approach (high, close in, max performance short approach) I get Wagner's (properly pronounced Vagner's) "Ride of the Valkyries" running through my head. Must have something to do with Apocalypse now, or something. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning...." Also, in keeping with "The Ventures" tunes, there was a band called Jody Foster's Army that did a great version of "Pipeline" back in the '80s that absolutely ROCKED! Those are just a few that come to mind. - Sledge

JFA rocks,try playing with OC surf punk or the Whiskey Rebels. Loud, fast, and aggressive,good music to drive to also.

No specific tune....but I enjoy the following

Megadeth, TOOL, Zombie (White and Rob), Iron Maiden, Fates Warning, Sepultura, ACDC, POD, AIC and KMFDM....

Oh....did I mention RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINES?

Sweet!

<C>

Fates

I do like to listen to SUPERBEAST by Zombie when flying the A-10. Requst to Dice for a video....hint hint...

B00000AEFF.01.L_rob_Zombie_hellbilly_Deluxe.jpg

Lets see here, Dope and Rammstein for the modern fast movers. For all the vintage stuff, Golden Age aircraft, definately the Stones, CCR and Led Zepp.

And Ride of the Valkyries for the Huey.

I tend to like movie soundtracks when I fly like:

the rock

crimson tide

hunt for red october

peral harbor

etc

I gotta say ANYTHING from Joe Satrianti (Satch Man), Eric Johnson, and Van Halen.