Sign in to follow this  
ktickner6767

Do not understand WEAPONDATA.INI concept.

I don't want to undo any of the learning that everything you guys have been discussing may have accomplished (I'm no genius with this stuff and admittedly haven't done too much of it), but I have a habit of doing things the hard way before I realize I missed an easier solution.

So - what are the chances the objects he's trying to get working are already part of one of the weapons packs?

I don't want to undo any of the learning that everything you guys have been discussing may have accomplished (I'm no genius with this stuff and admittedly haven't done too much of it), but I have a habit of doing things the hard way before I realize I missed an easier solution.

So - what are the chances the objects he's trying to get working are already part of one of the weapons packs?

Then they would be showing up in the loadout screen. I think the version of the weps editor should be looked at.

Then they would be showing up in the loadout screen. I think the version of the weps editor should be looked at.

Don´t let to be scared , man.

It seems difficult but it doesn´t.

When I tryed first time I took a while to understand, but I don´t gave up and soon realized that´s way simpler that sounds.

You doesn´t needs a degree in computer science at all to mod this game,(I´m a medical doctor,always impressed with the knowlege on computing and 3d modeling from the guys here)

And that´s the beauty of Thirwire´s games : you can mod your game in a way that you feel like you are an expert (even if I only follow the instructions from guys like FastCargo, Wrench , Dave and others :biggrin: )

Okay, next question, which version of the sim do you have, and which version of the weapons editor do you have?

FC

My "Wings Over Europe" Game Version is: 8.10.0.16

My "Weapons Editor Utility" Software Version is: 1.0.0.1

My "SFP1E Extractor Utility" Software Version is: 8.0.3.9704

Edited by ktickner6767

ktickner6767, I would recommend:

1) downloading and installing one of the weapons packs from the downloads section.

2) navigate to the Thirdwire/Wings Over Europe/Objects/Weapons and open the weapondata.ini file you'll find in that folder.

3) Copy and paste the Tornado fuel tank data you showed in your earlier post into the weapondata.ini file as the next entry and make sure you change the WeaponDataxxx to the next one in sequence eg if the last one in the list is [WeaponData100] then your new entry will be [WeaponData101]

4) Save and close the weapondata.ini file

5) Open the weapon editor program and then select open. You then need to navigate to the weapondata.ini file you just added the Tornado tank to, and open that file.

6) Scroll down the list of weapons and the bottom one on the list should be your newly added Tornado tank.

7) Doubleclick on it to open it and then click OK to close it again.

8) Click save and then you can close the program.

9) Fire up Wings Over Europe, seect a mission with your Tornado and you tanks should be available.

My "Wings Over Europe" Game Version is: 8.10.0.16

My "Weapons Editor Utility" Software Version is: 1.0.0.1

My "SFP1E Extractor Utility" Software Version is: 8.0.3.9704

Are these the latest and correct versions of the software that is required to accomplish this task? 3 days running, still no joy!

My weps editor does come up as version 1.0.0.1, though I would not trust that, as the edtor has gone through at least three revisions over the years. The one to use is version listed in our downloads section as being compatible with TW titles "after 2008".

ktickner6767, I would recommend:

1) downloading and installing one of the weapons packs from the downloads section.

2) navigate to the Thirdwire/Wings Over Europe/Objects/Weapons and open the weapondata.ini file you'll find in that folder.

3) Copy and paste the Tornado fuel tank data you showed in your earlier post into the weapondata.ini file as the next entry and make sure you change the WeaponDataxxx to the next one in sequence eg if the last one in the list is [WeaponData100] then your new entry will be [WeaponData101]

4) Save and close the weapondata.ini file

5) Open the weapon editor program and then select open. You then need to navigate to the weapondata.ini file you just added the Tornado tank to, and open that file.

6) Scroll down the list of weapons and the bottom one on the list should be your newly added Tornado tank.

7) Doubleclick on it to open it and then click OK to close it again.

8) Click save and then you can close the program.

9) Fire up Wings Over Europe, seect a mission with your Tornado and you tanks should be available.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! What appeared to be my problem was I had an out of date weapons pack I guess. I also had two weapons folders in my WOE Objects folder. One called "Weapon" and the other called "Weapons". They both had a set of weapons in them. I deleted the "Weapon" folder and installed the new weapons pack from the Mirage Factory. After following your excellent directions step by step, the fuel tanks now appear along with guns on my Tornado. Also something interesting... A Weapons Editor and Gun Editor NOW appear inside the Objects folder now. I used THAT Weapons editor instead of the one I had tried to use earlier and it worked. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR A CLEAR STEP BY STEP GUIDE. THIS SHOULD REALLY BE PLACED IN A TUTORIAL SECTION. Not a Knowledge base. They are usually much too broad, in my opinion.

One more question.... With a weapons pack from the Mirage factory, is the "SFP1e_Extract_Utility" still necessary? I still really do not get that part of the procedural dance. ;)

One more question.... With a weapons pack from the Mirage factory, is the "SFP1e_Extract_Utility" still necessary? I still really do not get that part of the procedural dance. ;)

Necessary? No.

Kind of small and not terribly obnoxious? Maybe.

Quite useful if you decide to do some more tinkering "under the hood?" Definitely!

So, bottom line, your choice.

And I am glad to see that you have seen the light, and it is good!

:biggrin:

Yes, it is if you want weapons NOT in a weapons pack.

If you do not know how to add weapons manually, future releases that have weapons with them will not be accessable.

Example is the Super Hornet...you will NOT have the aircraft specific fuel tanks, buddy pod or ATFLIR if you do not know how to add weapons.

FC

Example is the Super Hornet...you will NOT have the aircraft specific fuel tanks, buddy pod or ATFLIR if you do not know how to add weapons.

FC

Ah ha! Good point. The Super Hornet is one of my favorite aircraft of all time and the Super Hornet I have installed in WOE does not have any external fuel tanks or missles on board. It sucks. I'll try to figure out how to add the weapons and fuel tanks on an individual aircraft basis later in the week. I think having the "Weapons Pack" available makes this tedious process so much easier! Thanks FastCargo!

Guest Joe SharpShooter
I opend the "weaponsdata" text documet inside the "Weapons" folder from the downloaded Tornado F3 aircraft folder from the Column 5 web site. The only thing I see called "weaponsdata". I then opened the "QuickStart" text document, read the instructions and copied and pasted the "following lines" (the code listed below this sentence.) to my "weaponsdata" text document I had already opened.

This Joe SharpShooter RTB (here man). Same problem using Weaodata (which one is best suited for WoI anyway?). Please Wrence HELP me out. How do I VALIDATE weaps (bomb, AGMs, Missiles) I just ADDed to de F-16ARAB/EAF/RJAF -- btw, the last two Blok 15 is a lousy EXuse moi, birds in that their AIR SPEED deplete easily! So, I got a trick when I am Commander of the ARABs on MISSIONS whatever they are. I picked de F-16Arabnations on LOADING page. OK, just changed de LAST station from 6FABs 25okg to THREE AA-2D i.e. R-13 Aphid -- hey, I tweak its TURN rate etc that made it DEADLY v IAF even from 1.8 miles et set its MINIMUM launch distance et MAX distance. It is just a game u know...

Next, without existing the LOADING page, I invoked the EAF or RJAF Man! they can carry EIGHT AAMs! while when I picked them the EAF n RJAF, they use only the -- sorry Boris -- Soviet IRMs or AAMs -- byw, I TWEAKED the Soviets AA-7 seriies that they r deadly as deadly as the AIM-7F! Killed a couple of bulky slow Phantoms even the Iranian TomCats.

Back to WeapsEditor. I am discouraged to again try to Mod my weaps. Five times already had to re-INSTAL WoI due to inappropreate way of editting. Now I know, FIRST of all I must backup the essential files, like the Weapon.DAT before doing WeapEditting.

Oh man, back to the issue. How to VALIDATE? Next, WHICH sub-folder or folder must I put the files with LOD n OUT???

Where must I place the WEAPONS folder? In the main WOI or sub-folder OBJECT? Must I put the Weapondata.ini in EACH bird? Like, in F-6Arab.ini?? Mine is now, the bird.INI, 2071 kilobyte!

Or, enough to just put it in the OBJECT???

Lstly, GONE r the AFTERBURNERs of my RJAF et EAF! HELP is appreciated.

Parting Shot: really wanna POST several of my SkrinShots of IAF-Buster! BAZ-Buster! NETZ Buster! using my F-16Arab.EAF.RJAF -- enhanced ones! NO more dogfighting MISSILESS!

Can u guys imagine the EAF/Su-20/RJAF/F-16Arab carrying the ISRAELI deadly, very deadly PYTHON3???? I did my own TWEAKs, thanks to Wrence's tutorial on the weaponizing especially the F-16Arabs. I ACCIDENTLY put the WRONG .ini on it, i.e. using the NETZ weaps! So, from it, my naughty mind carried on with some WHAT IFs.....

I even "created" my own specialized WeapLoads! Ah, I am not going to reveal it tho, because it is the DUMB version thou it WORKED! Are there any EGYPTIAN members here???

My WoI main is now nearly FOUR Gigs! Danke all. And, peace

HUSANI!! HIS EYES OPEN!!

Shaka, when the walls fell. LOL! :biggrin:

Seriously guys, once you get it, you'll kick yourselves for thinking it's hard. You just have to remember:

* weaponsdat.ini = list of weapons in sequential order

* weapons editor = reads weaponsdata.ini and saves to a format read by the game

* Patch your game to the latest version and download the latest version of the weaps editor for minimal issues

* Remember that XXX is just a place holder number since all of our weapons lists will vary.

* Read the guides in the links that FastCargo posted above as they're very good and will set you straight after about a day's practice (it'll prolly only take you about 10 mins, but you'll know it off by heart at the end of the day.)

and finally...

* BACK UP ANY FILES YOU ALTER BEFORE YOU MOD THEM!!

I hate to think of the amount of time I wasted because I didn't make fail safes when I was learning this stuff!

I thought that quote was from "Darmok". Excellent episode, one of TNGs best (right after "The Inner Light")!

wrench

kevin stein

HUSANI!! HIS EYES OPEN!!

I realize this has been and awhile, and I've recently had some of the same questions as ktickner6767, but...I could have sworn he was going to Jump out and scream, "You been, PUNK'D!" any minute there.

:rofl:

Otherwise, thanks for the info, it really helped.

I didn't realize until just a couple of weeks ago that everything prior to the Oct 2008 Update for SFP1 is now DIFFERANT.

So, I enjoyed the thread greatly.

I vote for a Stickied Thread.

post-10208-0-22243900-1322602183.jpg

Hi, I'll start with admitting that I'm a total noob when it comes to these kind of things. I don't have a problem with understanding the concept of Weapondata.ini, but I have a problem to get it, I've tried to extract weapondata.ini from the objectdata. What happens for me is that I load the objectdata, find the weapondata.ini, mark it and press extract file, the program says that weapondata.ini will be in the Objects folder, but when I look in there I can't find it. Am I doing something wrong?

JinXen84,

Do you see a sub-folder in the OBJECTS folder called Weapons? The weaponsdata.ini could have been extracted to that location.

Never mind, solved it, appareantly it was Windows that was messing with me... -.- Thx alot for your time and help anyhow!