Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

The nicest looking airplane ever

I opened a new book that I just bought ("Fighter: Technology, Facts, History" from Parragon publishing- good pics, especially cockpit shots, but some noticeable editing errors), and flipped through. When I hit pages 270-271, however, I almost fell off my seat. there, gracing the pages, were two pictures of an SU-27 in a black/grey/white camo scheme against a perfect blue sky that I have never seen the likes of before.

I instantly scoured the web for more pictures of this plane, and (thanks to wikipedia) discovered that this one-off paintjob is on a Sukhoi Su-27SK, #305, probably a factory exhibition plane. I managed to find a couple good pics, one that makes a damn nice desktop. This is honestly the nicest looking airplane I have ever seen, even beating the Spitfire and the Tomcat.

post-28461-1239342021_thumb.jpg

post-28461-1239342092_thumb.jpg

Its sure is a damn good lookin' plane, and its look transmits what it is.

A bird of prey!!!

Nice shots. :good:

That is the Snow Camo scheme, wich appears in the Su-30 KN, in the downloads section, if you like it

One of the best looking birds out there.

jizz in my pants!@! :D

aswsome paint scheme..

jizz in my pants!@! :D

aswsome paint scheme..

Highly suggest you change your pants.............!

112710_51631083__SPS1805edit.jpg

Su-35BM

ok, now I'm really drooling. despite the fact that my patetic computer won't do justice to that bird and it's paint job, I'm gonna DL it anyway.

EDIT: wait, is that a screenshot or a real pic? I can't tell! :blink:

Edited by Rambler 1-1

seems real to me... too much details for a screenshot

This is honestly the nicest looking airplane I have ever seen, even beating the Spitfire and the Tomcat.

Uhh, False.

EDIT: wait, is that a screenshot or a real pic? I can't tell! :blink:

Real pic. Rambler, that's a pretty shiny new plane alright. But I like 'em a little older with some experience (Spitfire).  :biggrin:

Real pic. Rambler, that's a pretty shiny new plane alright. But I like 'em a little older with some experience (Spitfire).  :biggrin:

I still think a couple of wings of Flankers with American engines and avionics. Whew, what a beast!!

I still think a couple of wings of Flankers with American engines and avionics. Whew, what a beast!!

I agree with you there, except for the engines. Lyulka AL-31s for the win! I think there's a "what-if" American Su-27 in the downloads section here, and all those great Soviet skins work for it too!

<br />I opened a new book that I just bought ("Fighter: Technology, Facts, History" from Parragon publishing- good pics, especially cockpit shots, but some noticeable editing errors), and flipped through. When I hit pages 270-271, however, I almost fell off my seat. there, gracing the pages, were two pictures of an SU-27 in a black/grey/white camo scheme against a perfect blue sky that I have never seen the likes of before. <br /><br />I instantly scoured the web for more pictures of this plane, and (thanks to wikipedia) discovered that this one-off paintjob is on a Sukhoi Su-27SK, #305, probably a factory exhibition plane. I managed to find a couple good pics, one that makes a damn nice desktop. This is honestly the nicest looking airplane I have ever seen, even beating the Spitfire and the Tomcat.

<br /><br /><br />

The Vulcan is the nicest looking I have ever seen.

I thought this was going to be one of those "what do you think" threads, but the pronouncement that the Su-27 is the most beautiful was unexpected. As others have said, you can't beat the Spitfire. :)

Hmm where do you begin...

VULCAN TSR 2 BUCCANEER TOMCAT

Ooooo a Spitfire... Msoquito...

Gonna shut up now as there are very few ugly war planes out there...

The A-5A is the most aesthetically pleasing aircraft ever built.

ET64-0319.jpg

It's all about a matter of personal taste. And luckily taste difference from people to people, or else it would be a very boring world to live in.

I think the Douglas A-3B Skywarrior is one of the most elegant Aircrafts ever.

For me it's MiG-29A or M , F-16AFTI, and MiG-1.44

There is also a one fictional aircraft ,which I can call "nice looking".

It's ADF-01 Falken and it's from Ace Combat series.

1151006.jpg

787252.jpg

EC89-0016-20.jpg

9-931_2.jpg

F-16A/C for me - nothing else comes close :)

IMHO the nicest looking aeroplane ever is Concorde. Graceful, elegant and powerful.

However, nice isn't always sexy. Just look at the Skyraider or the Buccaneer, ugly brutes but wow they just ooze it.