Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

Car on the fritz

You should see Australian drivers (No offense any Australians) well, they cant drive at all. They are really impatient and when it comes to round abouts, its like friken wacky racers, everyone pulls out so quick lol. I sometimes actually get scared when its rush hour, and the trucks, well, lets just say they go faster than us sometimes and we are sometimes going over the speed limit (but keep that hush :biggrin: ).....

Try London... lunacy of every aspect is involved there... and as to the M25 well just park the car and walk...

Bah, you can tout London as much as you wish, but Portugal still competes with Greece each year for the title of european country with highest number of deaths on the road, and I don't know who's got the dishonor of winning more... But driving aggressively here sometimes earns you with a bit more of freedom on the road, at least according to my experience... :aggressive:

I always found driving in the mideast rather "sporting". There right of way is determined by some combination of velocity and angles.......

:yikes:

I always found driving in the mideast rather "sporting". There right of way is determined by some combination of velocity and angles.......

:yikes:

Blinker on....count to 2 and then start moving into the lane.....regardless of if they are still there... That's the Chicago way.

I really enjoy driving around here. Lots of nice, deserted, twisty roads minutes from the home 20. Just watch out for gravel. And cows. Traffic is the extreme opposite, you can't get anywhere in 30 minutes during rush hour, despite the highways and local artery roads all over. The soccer moms in their 5-ton, $80,000 SUVs and gucci sunglasses are a bit scary, too.

oh damn, here the roads are really life stealers.

last january vacations , 136 people died on the roads and half thousand were handicaped, mostly beacuse of alcohol and stupidity associated with poor road conditions.

Drive in US is a dream, i couldn't see one f***ing hole on the highway! here some places look had carpet bombed.

btw, i'm curious to drive in UK, should be funny.

Edited by Silverbolt

Went and looked at some cars today.

Dealer tried the classic bait and switch on us. The civic we went to see "was sold last night".....right, when we called this morning and the said it was still available :rolleyes: Checked out a Passat after getting them to accept a similar price since the car we wanted was gone, feature crammed (automatic/manual mix, sunroof, digital displays etc) Started a test drive, and the oil indicator came on and the engine started making noises at low rpms.

hi, man. Soory to hear of your car probs. i drive a 2002 Chevy malibu which i got in 2004 used at 18k miles. has a v6 engine and runs ok. i only use it locally, to work, shopping, hosiptal, stuff like that. not so much on highway. the newer model malibu's are cool, but then again you need money for those. But you mayw ant to consider Malibu series.

look at that. They even have seedy used car dealers on mars. What is the universe coming to? :tongue:

Edited by Rambler 1-1

Went and looked at some cars today.

Dealer tried the classic bait and switch on us. The civic we went to see "was sold last night".....right, when we called this morning and the said it was still available :rolleyes: Checked out a Passat after getting them to accept a similar price since the car we wanted was gone, feature crammed (automatic/manual mix, sunroof, digital displays etc) Started a test drive, and the oil indicator came on and the engine started making noises at low rpms.

wow. scratch that dealer!!

I just bought a car from CarMax. TAke a look at them. They have good cars for good prices and won't pull that kind of stunt on you.

You won't believe this now!

I got a Honda Civic back after first starting this thread. It was a higher end model than my brothers and liked it.

Now, upon driving home from a visit to family in Maryland, it breaks down on me. Had AAA tow it and a shop look at it, they couldn't find anything wrong and our best guesses was something regarding the fuel system, since they put fuel injector cleaner in it. They drove it and had no problems, so we paid them and started our drive home again. This time we're in Jersey (getting home from there is a whole other story in itself). Left it at a honda dealer and they're saying it's a $4500 engine repair. Worse, it is literally a week after the warranty ended. :angry2:

This was supposed to have been a certified used car, thoroughly inspected and in good shape, from a Honda dealer. Honda's administration will hear of this, and this will not be over until I have a pristine factory fresh car, we've gotten our money back and that dealer is no longer in business.

wow

you sure seem to have your luck with cars!

I suggest you stay away from airplanes, bungy-jumping and sky-diving!

http://www.instantrimshot.com/

sometimes - engines break. Awfully strange though, you have had this since what? April? How many miles does it have on it?

Just curious, what in the engine broke?

Edited by Typhoid

AFter nearly 30 years in the business, I'd agree with gwar ... Toyotas are exceptional for durability and maintence (my mother, sister and sister-in-law all have Corollas -- SIL's has 150000 plus, with NO major problems EVER!!)

Something along the lines of the Corolla would be my reccomendation, IMHO.

Me, I'm a GM guy.

dswan: your Malibu have the chronic steering noises too?? (I've got an 05 Malibu). After 3 racks, 2 intermediate shafts, damn dealer STILL can't/hasen't fixed it!!)

eraser: sorry to hear about your bad luck. I'd definately report it to the local better business bureau and/or the state's bureau of auto repair/consumer affairs

wrench

kevin stein

Less than 100,000, and it was something in one of the Cylinders. Already talked to Honda Corporate and they don't give a damn. Family wants to be wimps and not take any legal recourse, despite probably being able to get our money back on either fraud, nonfraudulent misrepresentation or a dozen other contractual details.

So much for Hondas. Any experience with Minis or Hyundais?

What kind of Hyundai you looking for? My mom's got a 2003 Santa Fe that just broke the 100,000 marker. Only recently has had some problems. Minor and cheap repairs though. Although, I presume you're looking for a mid size sedan?

Aren't Minis outrageously expensive?

Minis are expensive for their size, yes, but I've no idea what they feel like to drive or any of that other stuff.

I've driven them in racing sims, though!