Judging by the amount of new and different cockpits (F-100D has 3 different pits by itself) and new models that came with SF2 and SF2V TKs got his work cut out with SF2E - but am definitely looking forward to it

I'm sure there will be some nice surprises in it however I would expect the following flyables:

Mirage 3

F-15A

F-16A

A-10A

F-4C/D/E/F/FGR2

Harrier GR1/3/ AV8A

F-100D

F-105D

Hawker Hunter

Maybe the following thrown in as AI

Vautour

Super Mystere

A-1H/J

Be interesting to see - wasn't expecting an A-1s to show up before!! - Maybe an F-15C with Pit :tongue:

Next will be SF2:Israel....then SF3!

Next will be SF2:Israel....then SF3!

Crikey - hope not! First Eagles 2 should keep him busy for a bit I hope :)

Guest a10boar

Be very happy with the F-16A.A-1H/J in Europe would be a hopeful entry indeed.CAS would be blast.

I'm waiting for SF2I - I want to see this Mustang the rumour-mill's been going on about. Because if there's a Mustang with a good flight model, it's going to be very interesting for the two dozen lepers who aren't thrilled with the idea of driving winged hair-dryers! :victory:

Won't we lose a flyable like in the other SF2 iterations?

If you guys check out the thirdwire forum, you´ll see, that TK brings all his sims to SF2 standart.

I was wondering to myself this morning. Wouldnt it be great to have a TW game with next gen graphics? Having played H.A.W.X which i thought was ok but a bit too 'arcadey' for my tastes, I would love to have that level of graphical detail in a TW sim.

However this would be massive amounts of work especially since TK does all the coding himself.

Oh well maybe one day it will happen

Mike

Oh well maybe one day it will happen

Mike

Not in near future.

TK stated several times that he has no plans regarding the new terrain/environment engine. I asked him about new terrain engine possibility, was a bit short on me in reply.

Speaking for myself, I think we'd hit the limits of current terrain engine, custom 3D objects for tod files would be a great feature.

On the opposite, other thing are models of airplanes -I think it's hard to find anything better on the market now.

Also Mike if you want some eyecandy -try ENBseries dll combined with some other mods :wink: there's a lot of things you can add for better visuals.

I believe F-16 will come with SF2:I.

You will only play it in SF2:E if you've got a merged install.

SF2E should add the F-15 and Harrier. I'd like it if he'd include some new plane in there, too, but we'll get what we get.

But..a little question,i know that new SF2,SF2 Vietnam and Europe are released expressely for Vista users.

I use XP with latest pack,and probably in the next future Win7,question is using my os,it's reccomended pass on SF2 series or better stay with Wox series oct 08 patched?

But..a little question,i know that new SF2,SF2 Vietnam and Europe are released expressely for Vista users.

I use XP with latest pack,and probably in the next future Win7,question is using my os,it's reccomended pass on SF2 series or better stay with Wox series oct 08 patched?

Up to you. But I'm collecting SF2 for the merged install.

I still keep WOX games for complete conversion mods.

So far, SF2V fixed the problem with Oct 08 patch (Noi Bai campaign bug).

Some say that perfomance of SF2 series in XP has some performance issues when graphics are maxed out.

But not when using Vista.

SF2 and SF2V work ace with Windows 7.... ive got the x64 RC1 and not a problem yet.....

I use xp as well and I have SF2 it works great on xp and I did not have to do anything but just install like I did with all the other titles :good:

BTW, I run max settings and no problems

Edited by Viper6

I'm on XP and the only trouble I have with SF2 is that it demands more power, so I get lower FPS. As a rule, I don't see that, but now and then, you get to crawling...

I'm on XP and the only trouble I have with SF2 is that it demands more power, so I get lower FPS. As a rule, I don't see that, but now and then, you get to crawling...

How often does that happen?

As of now, the only time i get slowed to nearly a standstill is multiple CBUs or B-52 formations dropping. Other than that i'm fine.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

Average Frames for me in WOV with '08 patch was 20FPS. In SF2V it's 30+. I'm sticking with the new generation.

Although, like Lt. James Cater said, large bomb strikes are a killer.

Won't we lose a flyable like in the other SF2 iterations?

Hope not - TK said the A-6A was out because he would have wanted to put a DIANE in which was too complex time wise.

The F-104G was left out of SF2 I'm assuming for the reason it was taken out of SF Gold in 2004 - something to do with the Lockheed name from what I remember??