Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

Questions regarding historical AI

great job with adding options, so everyone can choose the AI he likes. absolutely awesome, devs. i'm your disciple worship.gif

i'm confused a bit about the historical mode.

so if i have a campaign from 1916 onwards AI is more like BHAH?

you said there is some randomeness. does that mean it can happen that you sometimes run into enemies like BHAH and sometimes like HitR?

if so, you also said it's a session thing. does that mean in historical mode, when i start flying a session for some missions i will always run into BHAH AI, and if i start again a session with loading OFF again it might happen in that session i will run into HitR AI as a random thing?

or is it that i can in the SAME session run sometimes into BHAH AI and the next mission into HitR AI?

Edited by Creaghorn

And - where are the questions? blink.gif

sorry, my trigger-finger instinctively pushed too early grin.gif

great job with adding options, so everyone can choose the AI he likes. absolutely awesome, devs. i'm your disciple worship.gif

i'm confused a bit about the historical mode.

so if i have a campaign from 1916 onwards AI is more like BHAH?

you said there is some randomeness. does that mean it can happen that you sometimes run into enemies like BHAH and sometimes like HitR?

if so, you also said it's a session thing. does that mean in historical mode, when i start flying a session for some missions i will always run into BHAH AI, and if i start again a session with loading OFF again it might happen in that session i will run into HitR AI as a random thing?

or is it that i can in the SAME session run sometimes into BHAH AI and the next mission into HitR AI?

AI options:

Less Aggressive = HitR AI ... always

Aggressive = BH&H AI ... always

Historical = Prior to 1916 i.e 1914 and 1915 - HitR AI only. 1916 Onwards some randomness.... switching between HitR AI and BH&H and changes only once per manager session

And guys no we cannot do any more for P3 AI we are too locked into P4 now - it was not our intention to change AI for this addon so what you have now is a bonus.....

WM

Creaghorn, if you want enough randomness, you could exit OFF after each flight.

It doesn't take long, and you never know, what you get next.

Think I'll do it that way.

Thank you for the explanation, Winder.

ok, so i'll do it also that way. after each mission lodaing BHAH new. great stuff.

did it anyway often that way because when a new pilot arrives i erase his kills so he has to earn his kills like anybody else Salute.gif

AI options:

Less Aggressive = HitR AI ... always

Aggressive = BH&H AI ... always

Historical = Prior to 1916 i.e 1914 and 1915 - HitR AI only. 1916 Onwards some randomness.... switching between HitR AI and BH&H and changes only once per manager session

And guys no we cannot do any more for P3 AI we are too locked into P4 now - it was not our intention to change AI for this addon so what you have now is a bonus.....

WM

And what a damn fine bonus it is. Christmas came early this year. Glad to hear you are hard at work on P4 too. Although I am sure it will be awhile, my credit card is ready.

Great options for the AI. Thank you.

Hellshade

So it seems I'm going to start using the historical AI. Excellent support from OBD, as always. :ok:

I was going to post the same questions here but than I found this thread.

I don't know if I understood correctly how this "Historical AI" works, but:

- Does this mean that if I start OFF and start playing a campaign mission that takes place in 1915 I'll get the new HitR AI and if for example I play an another campaign mission with an another pilot and without exiting OFF but this one takes place in 1918 (for example) I still always get the new HitR AI, is this correct?

- Or if I start playing a campaign mission in 1918 and for example the OFF manager "chooses" the "old AI" (version 1.32g) and if I decide (again without exiting OFF) to play with an another pilot a campaign mission in 1915 then I will always get the "old AI" (version 1.32g), is this correct?

If the answer to both questions is YES, don't get me wrong but isn't this "Historical AI" a little bit of a bad decision? Would it be better to have the OFF manager to choose the AI everytime a campaign mission is generated (everytime the player hits the "Briefing Room" option) instead?

I was going to post the same questions here but than I found this thread.

I don't know if I understood correctly how this "Historical AI" works, but:

- Does this mean that if I start OFF and start playing a campaign mission that takes place in 1915 I'll get the new HitR AI and if for example I play an another campaign mission with an another pilot and without exiting OFF but this one takes place in 1918 (for example) I still always get the new HitR AI, is this correct?

- Or if I start playing a campaign mission in 1918 and for example the OFF manager "chooses" the "old AI" (version 1.32g) and if I decide (again without exiting OFF) to play with an another pilot a campaign mission in 1915 then I will always get the "old AI" (version 1.32g), is this correct?

If the answer to both questions is YES, don't get me wrong but isn't this "Historical AI" a little bit of a bad decision? Would it be better to have the OFF manager to choose the AI everytime a campaign mission is generated (everytime the player hits the "Briefing Room" option) instead?

The answer is yes and there is no choice in the matter - its down to system files becoming locked so cannot be changed once invoked in a manager session there is no setting in CFS3 like this we are deep down in code here.

What we have now given everyone, after reading posts on this forum, is the option to have BH&H AI or HitR AI... and an extra option to spice it up a bit - its not a bad decision we have given something extra... you can just ignore it.

To play HitR as we intended select aggressive AI and move on!

WM

Winder: To play HitR as we intended select aggressive AI and move on!

Did I overlook something there? I can choose "aggressive AI" for "Hat in the Ring"?

Winder: To play HitR as we intended select aggressive AI and move on!

Did I overlook something there? I can choose "aggressive AI" for "Hat in the Ring"?

Yes we released a patch - see our website for details and download it!

WM

Sorry - I realised there was a patch, but haven't installed it yet.

I have read, that we can choose between BHaH AI, HitR AI and a random mix, called Historical.

But I had not read anything yet about a choice of "aggressive AI".

Oh, and the planet I'm from isn't really a planet - it's Walhalla! All Germanen go there, when they

die in battle. And I must have died often enough for it.

See my new emblem on my Fokker E.V!

The answer is yes and there is no choice in the matter - its down to system files becoming locked so cannot be changed once invoked in a manager session there is no setting in CFS3 like this we are deep down in code here.

What we have now given everyone, after reading posts on this forum, is the option to have BH&H AI or HitR AI... and an extra option to spice it up a bit - its not a bad decision we have given something extra... you can just ignore it.

To play HitR as we intended select aggressive AI and move on!

WM

Thanks for the explanation Mark!

As you can see I'm one (of the many it seems) that like and prefer the new AI and while the OFF dev team members seems to prefer the "old AI" I think that from now on I'll play exclusivelly with the "new one" (since it's the one I prefer) and therefore thanks for giving us customers the option to choose wether AI we desire to play with.

Sorry - I realised there was a patch, but haven't installed it yet.

I have read, that we can choose between BHaH AI, HitR AI and a random mix, called Historical.

But I had not read anything yet about a choice of "aggressive AI".

Oh, and the planet I'm from isn't really a planet - it's Walhalla! All Germanen go there, when they

die in battle. And I must have died often enough for it.

See my new emblem on my Fokker E.V!

The aggressive AI is the 1.32g AI.

just a short question.

in historical mode, is it enough to leave the campaign to main manu and start it again to have randomness, or do i have to quit OFF completely and start it again?

thank you for answering but sorry, in things like that i have an understanding like a 5 year old child. does "quit the manager" mean to leave and enter again the campaign or restart BHAH completely?

if i understood correctly i have to restart BHAH completely.

If I start a campaign mission in, lets say June 1917, what are my chances of having either AI?

Is it 50%/50%?

Duke, when the mixing of both AIs starts late 1916, you should get a 50/50 mix mid 1917.

But still it is random. That's only what I understood.

Edited by Olham