Well unless this update also gives us some proper bump/specular mapping I won't bother with it. Not having anything other than simple diffuse maps is what makes this engine look dated.

Please making a new game for this bird ! New Graphic engine, new multiplayer code. And making the game no edit files can make no addons all player a have the same game. And play multiplayer have no problems. Im will flying this plane in multiplayer,make dogefight carrier landings and others. I give thirdwire 80 Dollar for a new game ! Fleet Defender im miss you :-( Thirdwire its last hope ! Please $

Greets Mike

Please making a new game for this bird ! New Graphic engine, new multiplayer code. And making the game no edit files can make no addons all player a have the same game. And play multiplayer have no problems. Im will flying this plane in multiplayer,make dogefight carrier landings and others. I give thirdwire 80 Dollar for a new game ! Fleet Defender im miss you :-( Thirdwire its last hope ! Please $

Greets Mike

He said there will be no multiplayer. Yes he the new sim will be moddable too so poeple and make add on aircraft for it. Sorry.

Didn't TK say, the F-14 game will come with a new terrain engine, which is something people have been complaining about for years?

Silly question: what are those small fins?

http://www.facebook....id=187224385202

The glove vanes you mean?

Yeah... knowing the name made looking for a description way easier :cool:

Gorgeous perfection! Hopefully this will mean more detailed carrier ops, radio comms and maybe some semblance of a RIO (Come on Mav do some of that pilot s**t!)

For the next generation, I wonder if TK would be bold enough to do a full globe like MSFS. And the titles would have detail added for the specific areas (and we'd be able to fill in targets. bases et al. on our own) Think of the glory that would be possible. It would be expensive, but so worth it.

Gorgeous perfection! Hopefully this will mean more detailed carrier ops, radio comms and maybe some semblance of a RIO (Come on Mav do some of that pilot s**t!)

Given the RADAR simplification, and calls of bandits, SAM launches, and incoming fire (AAA or airborne), the RIO basically is simulated. What more could be done with that? (other than maybe some more specific voice chatter)

What more could be done with that?

RIO pulling the ejection lever?

I would be nice if RIO was de-simulated in single-seaters. but that would require more monitoring of wingmen position to make sure they call when they actually can.

RIO pulling the ejection lever?

I would be nice if RIO was de-simulated in single-seaters. but that would require more monitoring of wingmen position to make sure they call when they actually can.

I am sooooo with you there. I'd even go for simply not having player calls when there are no other planes in your flight (if they are shot down or you went solo). But a step nicer would be to take that, and add for when you tell them to go home - even if you are in formation and getting shot at, it's a small price to pay for not having them call out when they are in the pattern and you are in the thick of it (9 times out of 10 when I send them home, we all get separated fast, so that would have the desired effect anyway).

And in both cases there is no monitoring code needed, just a simple flag.

you see on the pic f 14 B Flightgear. High G Curves See wings going up. Thirdwire can you make this ?

post-733-1264026091078.jpg

Edited by DamonSchumi

you see on the pic f 14 B Flightgear. High G Curves See wings going up. Thirdwire can you make this ?

No, and that's from straight TK (though the last time that question was asked, was over four years ago). BTW, regarding the F-14 in the screenshot, the wings lack the curverture that one would expect under the circumstances :yikes:

Just saw this.

tears of joy.........

I'd buy it as is in an SF2 engine. I'll be happy with whatever. Been too long since the cat got to stretch out in his own sim!

Well, he sure is deviouse. Not showing the new terrain features in the pics :P

it's a early wip so we should let the guy advance in his job (and he said that he is develloping the new terrain engine, so surely not operationnal)

it's a early wip so we should let the guy advance in his job (and he said that he is develloping the new terrain engine, so surely not operationnal)

Agree, i was just joking :grin: I sure am looking forward to seeing it though.

it's a early wip so we should let the guy advance in his job (and he said that he is developing the new terrain engine, so surely not operationnal)

Hullo?

Whut?

Ya don't say. I've been wondering, and questioning, for years on this subject.

Do tell...

Yes, by leaving the terrain out of the shots (when it's certainly being done with an older terrain again like those shots previously) he can have you focus on the F-14 itself.

Just picked this up on the official thirdwire facebook group:

" Third Wire:The terrain you in the pics is not the new terrain (I think its just the Israel one), F-14 will of course take place in different place (much further north ;)"

A clue!