Sign in to follow this  
Fortiesboy

What is the UK becoming?

f***in A Ruggbutt. f***in A!!!!!!

I had an ex g/f who sent two guys to beat me down one night. I was maybe 160 lbs. soaking wet and they were both big guys well over 200. Once John Moses Browning's legacy (1911A1) showed up both gentlemen decided that maybe they should find a different vocation. This happened at 2 a.m. (after the club shut down) and in the parking lot of my apartment complex. No one else was around but me and my Colt Commander and it saved me a lot of pain. I've held armed burglars at gunpoint as well, until the cops came. Said burgler was willing to shoot it out till he saw my ACOG scoped HBAR and realized he wasn't going to win. Phoenix P.D. showed up and took him away and thanked me for my help. Thank god he or his partner decided that they didn't want a piece of me, cuz at one point as his partner was reaching for a pistol under the seat the safety came off. I was taken aback by the fact that burgler number two was going to make me kill him. I would have in a heartbeat, but when I told him just to take a quick peek out of the rear window of the truck he saw that daddy was full on serious and the bad guy made the right decision. None of this would have happened had I not been strapped. In those two instances all 4 people acted politely. Granted, they did so at the end of my muzzle but can you imagine how things would have turned out differently had I just been standing there, all alone. God didn't create everyone equal, but Sam Colt made them equal.

Thats why I would love to live in the USA. I am fed up of our draconian and over bearing liberal nanny UK.

Edited by Dogzero1

Well laws vary by state and municipality, so that's no surprise it's different in Arizona from NY. Anyway, with arson, that's something I heard a long time ago the last time I had this discussion.

And err...the only thing I said about the wild west was responding to xclusiv8 that we're not advocating lawlessness.

Political affiliation and fearing a gun, or any assumption of weakness has no connection whatsoever. Most people are more accurately described as sheeple who would be afraid of a gun or any weapon and chances are they panic in dangerous situations, their first instinct is to run and when threatened comply. Simply put, most people are cowards irrespective of their politics.

There is so much wrong with what you've posted Eraser that I don't even know where to start.

As for the way liberals are visualized by someone who leans the other direction, well that's just how it is. You can thank your tree hugging bretheren for the continuation of that stereotype. Most of the liberals I know are scared of a firearm just by the fact it's a firearm. It's an irrational fear IMHO. They don't fear a knife, a gallon of gasoline or an automobile and those things are just inanimate objects just like a firearm is. And all can be used with great success to kill or maim another person.

Exactly.

It has nothing to do with being quiet or polite in the least little bit, and everything to do with their fear of weapons, their fear of one's fellow citizen (especially when said fellow citizen may be armed), and complete and utter trust in the state, all in the name of the so-called "greater good". And of course, let us not forget the systematic elimination of all forms of conflict and competition, and the witch hunts against individualism, aggression, and any hint of liking weapons (you know, how kindergarten children are being expelled for making a fake gun with thier thumb and forefinger these days, just to mention but ONE example) we now have in schools today as well (preparing the upcoming generation to be just the way they want everyone to be).

But he'll just claim that we are simply trying to convince ourselves of a lie. rofl.gif - oh and give me another minus one too. lol!

He just demonstrates that the truth hurts, as he doth protest too much. good.gif (afterall, if someone called a 90lb dude a fat ass, the only thing he could do is laugh - but 260lbs.... well, then it stings lol)

Im all for using lethal force. At the end of the day the person who is attacking you, your family or breaking into your house etc has made a choice to do those things. Yourself, your family or anyone innocent getting in the way did not.

The UK justice system is a complete joke as I have said many times. check this link out those of you who use facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=34344572356

Just another typical example of the sort of people we have in our country...

Mike

Im all for using lethal force. At the end of the day the person who is attacking you, your family or breaking into your house etc has made a choice to do those things. Yourself, your family or anyone innocent getting in the way did not.

The UK justice system is a complete joke as I have said many times. check this link out those of you who use facebook http://www.facebook....gid=34344572356

Just another typical example of the sort of people we have in our country...

Mike

so you think that breaking into once house to steal something should be punishable by death? i can tell you this. nothing you own can be compared to one humans life.

The greater good?

Trust in the state? So when you're running things, we should absolutely trust the state to do what's right to keep us safe, even if they have to break the law, and not question or protest anything? dissention is treason, but when we're in charge, the state should not be trusted at all and protesting and dissent is patriotism and protecting freedom? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Believe it or not, every problem in the world isn't caused by liberalism.

Edited by eraser_tr

Eraser, no offense , but you are just so damned naive.

so you think that breaking into once house to steal something should be punishable by death? i can tell you this. nothing you own can be compared to one humans life.

I think if that were the case then people would think twice about breaking in. I dont mean punishable by death I mean the person living at the house should have the right to use lethal force. As I said earlier the person doing the stealing has made a choice to be there. Good honest folk usually end up coming off worse when dealing with people like these.

Mike

Countries like Saudi Arabia dont have this problem. if it does happen, they usually cut off the hands and ears of people who burglarize or steal or kill. thats why crime rate is not as high there as it is here.

Countries like Saudi Arabia dont have this problem. if it does happen, they usually cut off the hands and ears of people who burglarize or steal or kill. thats why crime rate is not as high there as it is here.

Exactly my point. Crime should be dealt with as harshly and severly as possible. It makes an example out of the criminal and makes other people think twice about commiting the act.

Mike

Yes, but they also beat their women and treat them like slaves and generally live life as though they were in medieval times. Similar to the Taliban really.

Edited by Dogzero1

Yeah, but thats their relations with women. Murder and burglary are more important since they lead to death and cost. A beating is a private matter between man and woman in a family.

• Dislike 1

so you think that breaking into once house to steal something should be punishable by death?

There are several problems with your statement. When someone is inside your house unlawfully how do you know if he's there to steal? How do you know if he's there to rape or kill you and your family? Are you going to ask 20 questions? I used a firearm and deadly force as a teenager. I don't want to talk much about it but needless to say he was armed and I didn't feel it was necessary to ask him anything. Trust me when I say this, when you meet someone face to face in your home that doesn't belong there you don't have time to ask anything.

And if we're going to simplify the terms, yes I believe someone in your home stealing whatever should be punishable by death. But only if it's at the hands of the homeowner. He/she should be given much leeway regarding self protection. Thankfully the state I live in doesn't expect you to flee your home. There are some that do and you can tell which ones they are by the lack of CCW permits or open carry and draconian firearm ownership laws. Kennesaw, Georgia has a law in place that says every home shall have a firearm. The crime rate has dropped and stayed dropped some 25+ years later. It ain't hard to figure out, no one in their right mind goes into a house knowing the homeowner might kill him. That's deterrent enough for most.

• Like 1

Rugg beat me to it.

I do WHATEVER it takes to protect my family. If there is an unknown in the house, you don't have time. You don't know the tactical situation, their intent, how many there are, etc. They broke into a home, willing to risk the chance of getting caught.

Are you really willing to bet your life or the life of your family on the possibility that the person(s) who broke in your house are not going to do anything more than steal something?

Taking a life is a very serious thing, and I HATE the idea of ever having to do so. But if it's necessary to make sure my family is safe inside my own house...the target gets enough time for me to identify that they are not part of my family.

And that's it.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

I feel sorry for the SOB that breaks into my house and I am home. I hope he brought his own body bag.

• Like 3

The one piece of legal advice I can give is this: Do not run off at the mouth after a shooting. The only thing you should keep repeating is that you were in fear for your life. Tell the police you're too upset to discuss what happened and lawyer up ASAP.

agreed. The intruder to a home of any type doesnt belong there period. They most likely will burglarize and kill after to have a chance at gettign away quicker. So they shd be eliminated.

The one piece of legal advice I can give is this: Do not run off at the mouth after a shooting. The only thing you should keep repeating is that you were in fear for your life. Tell the police you're too upset to discuss what happened and lawyer up ASAP.

A cop's own advice was to shoot first if someone broke in and put a knife in his hand if he was unarmed and say he attacked you. But when they're from the Bronx, they're well aware there are more important people to go after than a self defense shooting, especially when the perp was probably wanted for a dozen other charges.

there are nearly 7 billion people on the planet ... what's the removal of one s**t-bag, more or less equal to? NOTHING.

Homo sapiens (a misnomer if there ever was), is the most easily replaced resource on the planet ... they can be made in nearly infinate numbers by completly unskilled labor. The only problem is the long lead time to a finished product -approx 16-18 years. Hopefuly, somewheres within that time frame, a moral framework would be instilled in them. Doubtful, in many cases.

Like many Americans, I'm a 'armed citizen'. Can I pull the trigger if needed? I certainly hope so, but pray I never have to find out; like any other sane, logical and reasonable person.

If this "thing" is in my house, uninvited, performing whatever actions with illeagle intent, it's my DUTY to protect my family. Plain and simple.

as to the "playing god" statement, we play god EVERY f***ING DAY we make a descision to do one thing or another. Deities have nothing to do with it.

Yes, the laws ARE weak .. they protect the unjust as well as the just; it just seems that in the last 20 years or so, the Unjust have been getting the upper hand.

wrench

kevin stein

One thing that people don't seem to comprehend is that the succesfull outcome of an intruder breaking in to your home depends on 1.) if he can get away with the crime and 2.) if he can get away without being identified - which depends on how quickly he can commit the crime. The one thing that intruders know that they don't have lots of is time. They will be comitting the act as fast as possible, and if you're in their way, they will find a fast way of getting you out of the way, usually resulting in the sudden departure of your existence. Also, amature intruders and even skilled intruders are under a lot of stress because of the fear of getting caught and the desire to get in and out as quickly as possible. The possiblity of them acting before thinking or not thinking at all and being careless (for instance, having an itchy trigger finger) increases significantly. It has to be assumed that all intruders are armed. To give the benefit of the doubt to this is just absolute stupidity... you are risking your life giving him this benefit. So considering all that I just said, do you still think that lethal force should be tightly restrained when someone breaks into your home?

Well guns isn't allowed in Denmark, that's one of the reasons I have a dog. And if that isn't enough to scare a intruder I will take further actions.

A cop's own advice was to shoot first if someone broke in and put a knife in his hand if he was unarmed and say he attacked you.

That's the worst idea I've heard in a long time. Modern forensics can tell if you fake a crime scene. Which knife are you gonna put in their hand? One of the set that's in your kitchen? If you wanna go to jail and be charged with murder you should do exactly what that cop said.

A cop's own advice was to shoot first if someone broke in and put a knife in his hand if he was unarmed and say he attacked you.

Are you f***ing kidding me?... and what happens if it's found out that you placed the knife there deliberately? There goes any support for your story that it was self defense. You are now charged with 1st degree murder! If you are forced to kill someone, don't be doing any funny business with the scene. Be straight forward and honest. You were in fear of your life and the lives of your family and thought you were all going to die unless you did something. The suspect's actions (which could be charging at you and/or holding an object - and you don't have time to determine what suspect is doing or what the object is that he is holding - infact, the only thing you are to conclude is that he is either charging to attack you to kill you, or that the object he is holding is a gun and is going to kill you with it! there is no time for politics... time is life) presented a threat level in which you were in immediate danger and you could not find the opportunity within that period of time to escape. Simple as that. There is no, "Well, I wasn't really sure..." or "I didn't know..." You were in fear of your life and thought you were going to die unless you did something. That's the story you stick to. That is what your answer is for every question they ask you. Do not deviate from it, do not change it up. Keep it consistent. The more you can stay intune with that story, the more credible you become.

Edited by serverandenforcer