Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Anti-Ubisoft DRM petition to sign

Signed and sent.

Greetings,

Catfish

The thing that gets me, is that this will probably just result in:

Ubisoft Guy: "Hmm, No one's buying Silent Hunter 5, obviously this means the game is rubbish, couldn't possibly mean that our glorious DRM is at fault, best cancel the Silent Hunter series."

Signed...i do not buy DRM games anymore....last one i bought was CoD 4...mainly because i'm only buying online now...anyway, i'm not pro DRM.

Signed as 7077. Nice move indeed!!

Anastasios.

I will sign, but... it won't change anything.

EDIT: 7315

Edited by Von Paulus

I will sign, but... it won't change anything.

EDIT: 7315

Don't be too sure about that. Neoqb just axed the always online requirement for single player in Rise of Flight. Public opinion does make a difference if enough people complain!

Don't be too sure about that. Neoqb just axed the always online requirement for single player in Rise of Flight. Public opinion does make a difference if enough people complain!

We can complain about Neoqb, but you can't compare them in any way with UBISOFT.

They are relatively small, and they are making an "honest" effort to please their community. Besides they came into a point that if they would want to have more revenues they would have to abolish DRM.

UBISOFT is ruled by another kind of people, who usually don't give a damn to the little man who buys their games; they are only interested in big bucks. They worried at most with what the the stockholders may think.

Believe me, they belong to another league. They belong to that category that I despised more in modern economy... they are only moved by greed.

Sorry if I sound too much negative, but I really think it won't change anything. But the right thing to do is really to sign the petition even in spite of that.

EDIT: That petition reminded me one recently about CoD: Modern Warfare 2 and the lack of dedicated servers. More than a quarter of million signed the petition and threatened Infinity Ward that they wouldn't buy the game if they didn't review their decision.

Guess what? At the release day more than 90% of those guys who signed, were buying the game in spite they didn't review the decision.

People are weak... or is it the flesh?

Edited by Von Paulus

Thank God they released the CFS3 DVD (complete with no disc crack wink.gif) before they about faced and went all DRMmy ! Luckily it's only a boring sub game. Who cares lol boxing.gif

Signed #7440. Love the Silent Hunter series, if 5 has this krap I won't be buying it.

It probably won't change a thing as I'm sure it will apply to all of Ubisofts products which is a large market share with a wide variety of genres.

If it applied to a niche market like OFF or Neoqp flight sim then maybe it will have results.

Good thread Widowmaker. Have signed with comment. I had to cancel my order and get refunded for AC2 and SH5 because of this. Looks like no more Ubisoft games for me unless this changes.

Signed it last night, it was at 6000+ then. Nice to see it taking off.

Be great if it reaches 10,000

Good thread Widowmaker. Have signed with comment. I had to cancel my order and get refunded for AC2 and SH5 because of this. Looks like no more Ubisoft games for me unless this changes.

Why are you buying SH5??? All you need are some torpedoes and you've got the real thing...

Hmmm... we COULD mod the Pisces V with a few PT boat style tubes on the sides.. .and then... oh well....

:grin:

OvS

PS signed and sealed...

James

The Pisces subs have their own natural torpedoes in the form of large predatory fish that cruise along with us behind the lights and wait for some unsuspecting little bottom dweller to stray too far away from their burrow then they rocket out like a fired torpedo and nail said bottom dweller and casually take up station behind the lights again. I have only used SH3 at sea on a five month trip to New Zealand in 2005. It definitely adds a degree of realism playing it on a rolling ship. I have not done it since then of course because I have been skinning for OFF ever since. SH5 looked like it might be a nice replacement, but there are no internet connections out there so it is not worth getting. I wonder how many hundreds of young submariners that spend months on patrol and don't always have to be on watch would have enjoyed SH5.

The signatures are up to 8250 now. If everyone who signed cancelled purchasing both AC2 and SH5 like I did that is 16,508 lost sales. I don't think everyone was probably paying the Gamestop price I did of about $60 bucks each, but if they did it would be a total loss in sales of about $990,480. I wonder if Ubisoft can just shrug that off and make do with the customers that are willing to put up with the DRM. Really bad idea.

I couldn't do Makai's job on so many levels...but the worst would be seeing those Fish..and not being on the surface above the Sub with a damn Fishing Rod!

Signatory #8672. Hope it'll help. Sounds like DRM is only one of many of Silent Hunter Vs problems....