Thanks Eric...I'm using the skins as a basis for the Normal and Specular maps, so the PSDs will help a lot. Plus I did some additional tweaks to the model and I'm converting everything over to DDS to save space. Basically, I'm using as much new stuff as I can to get practice for the KAW mod models.

FC

what software do you need to view/work with dds? noticed it first in ravenclaw's Recce Phantoms but cant view dds with gimp or anything in windows. liked how such a detailed skin didnt kill framerates totally though.

what freakin MANPAD did that to a Hog!?!?!?!?!?!:blink: i've seen rebuilt ones at Pope on open houses that were billed as having been hit with 23mm and bigger dozens of times in one sortie and makin it home. i believe Fayetteville Observer did an article because one of the pilots to suffer such damage over Bagdad was a female. and a MANPAD has less destructive force than say 50 hits by 23 and 57mm AAA. hmmmph.

gotta talk to TK bout the shoulder mounted SA-18s:grin:

I think you are correct in your thinking. Instead of damaging components and degrading systems, the stock models seem to be "all or nothing". Rarely are you lucky enough to just take some damage from a SAM. They either hit you and you explode, or miss and you get nothing. Proximity explosions are not modelled? Against small AAA, I will actually get take damage and live to fly home. Anything larger and it's kaboom!

I've read that someone here at CA "hardened" their vehicles to allow for more than 1 hit to kill it.

-S

DA

Look for a program called dxtbmp. Its the easier and fastest to use for .dds files.

Or if you have the 32-bit version of Photoshop you can download and install the plugin from the NVIDIA website. If you have the 64-bit version of Photoshop no fear as it installs a 32-bit version, which is how I was able to do the skins for the Shadowcat.

Dave thanks for the heads up. EricJ Gimp and window Paint are my photoshoppin programs on me Compaq. think the dxtbmp might be better off fer me specially if its that magic price.....free!:grin:

what software do you need to view/work with dds? noticed it first in ravenclaw's Recce Phantoms but cant view dds with gimp or anything in windows. liked how such a detailed skin didnt kill framerates totally though.

GIMP needs a plugin to work with .dds. See here:http://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/

bwild... hellified timing and great advice. saw your post right after i put mine up there. it works! thank very much sir. now i dont hafta feel left behind:drinks:

Dave thanks for the heads up. EricJ Gimp and window Paint are my photoshoppin programs on me Compaq. think the dxtbmp might be better off fer me specially if its that magic price.....free!:grin:

Well being a Nasty Girl now I don't have the big bucks I used to when I was Active but I agree :smile: But there are those who got it and felt it should be mentioned since I ran through the gamut of finding that tidbit out.

Out of all the DACT so far the Typhoon is the worst in a knife fight. Managed to finally get an AMRAAM kill when he decided to break away and come around but I was waiting...

post-5735-042375600 1297441943.jpg

RUSAFLIGHTNING02.jpg

BAC Lightning F-112B - No.57 Squadron, Royal United States Air Force, 1971

RUSAFLIGHTNING03.jpg

'Eagle' roundel and colonial United States flag by MAKO69

Edited by Spinners

'Eagle' roundel and colonial United States flag by MAKO69

BLTDAN is gonna stroke out. :good:

BLTDAN is gonna stroke out. :good:

:blink::dntknw::yikes:

Eep erp op up....gege....ah *cough cough.....eh AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SPINNERS ITS:

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO f***ING ROYAL ANYTHING IN IT................WANKER!!!!!!!!

I'm going to come across the god damn pond and kick your ass.......

.....over a pint..... :drinks::drinks::lol::rofl: What time is good for you?

j/k

Quick update lads. Dave's just arrived at Cardiff airport for his, ahem, 'pint' :

post-29988-044249000 1297464477.jpg

Royal States of America? Splintered F-111's? Swedish Phantoms???????

Dave i would suggest that CA now conduct urinalysis drug testing. of course there will be no reason to suspect anyone of abusing substances, individuals will be selected at random. next list features

Spinners

Spinners

Spinners

Daddyairplanes

(damn how do i always come up for these whiz quizzes??):lol: :lol: :lol:

what, don't none of you read Harry Turtledove??? I direct your attention to his alternate-histroy novel, "The 2 Georges"

linky thingy..

http://en.wikipedia....The_Two_Georges

wrench

kevin stein

Yeah Harry Turtledove is a douche...... :drinks:

yes and if i recall they rode in airships(read that zepplins) not airplanes as we know them. he's whiffing the whiff!!!!!

Dave some of his stuff is decent, my favorite being the In the Balance series where the aliens invade in the middle of WW2. since the aliens were expecting knights on horses, they sure got a rude suprise!!!!!!!

Edited by daddyairplanes

Dave some of his stuff is decent, my favorite being the In the Balance series where the aliens invade in the middle of WW2. since the aliens were expecting knights on horses, they sure got a rude suprise!!!!!!!

Great series - Independence Day meets The Winds of War

Returning to base.

post-5735-011043400 1297473696.jpg

Talk about pinning the tail on the wrong donkey! Didn't anybody read the small print!

I've been framed!

Yo Julhelm!

I've seen this aircraft all over this thread.

Any place I can get it? :grin:

SidDogg

.....So I was peepin all this DACTness up in here..... :flyer:

Decided to try a lil myself. :yes:

post-2412-010218000 1297504242.jpg

Emerged victorious, actually. :cool:

post-2412-003676000 1297504482.jpg

post-2412-092627600 1297504496.jpg

SidDogg

Xclusiv8, what sort of clouds are on your screens with the F-18 ? Very nice looking ! :good:

Nice pics Gustav!

I use the regular NF4+ clouds but i do enhance them a little bit with photoshop when making those screens :drinks: