DA: who needs decals, when you can put the text right on the template??* Dosent' GIMP do that??

wrench

kevin stein

*something I rarely do, but in this case ... used for 3 squadrons ... it's ok

as promised, here's the first Air Pirate aircraft for the Wing-fans

havin' a hell of a time for The Stuka's Huns......uuuuuuuuuuuggg

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

Some MiG flying

post-5735-037017400 1297171639.jpg

post-5735-096734900 1297171670.jpg

A pirated f-104. how sweet! Looks nice Kevin. Please release when can. Can you do one for the HUN!

saqar-15 over tehran !!!!

0Kdd5-5sSJ_86961195.JPG

some night maregrin.gif

RT37i-kaU0_811848429.JPG

return home for some sleeping

2hK5o-Jc3O_912776176.JPG

Thanks FC and Xclusiv and everyone who helped me out

DA: who needs decals, when you can put the text right on the template??* Dosent' GIMP do that??

wrench

kevin stein

*something I rarely do, but in this case ... used for 3 squadrons ... it's ok

if you remember what im callin the 3 hour tour(cause of how long im takin) mod uses a variation on the stock decal ini and folder to provide ALL Phantom users. always figured a big decal folder is still smaller than a big skins folder of the same intent. even have a modded squadronlist.ini so all you have to do in game is pick yer squadron in the loadout screen or mission editor. mine now has three squadrons from the 45th TFW:grin:

still my biggest issue with the 457th isnt the TH codes i can cut and paste my way to that.(yes i am simpleminded and stubborn in me ways) its getting that Texas flag stripe into the tga without blowing it up on file size or making it too fuzzy. thinking of making it my ownself from scratch but the star has me flustered

hmmmmm 3 hour tour mod, coming to you in.............two weeks!:rofl:

Edited by daddyairplanes

You can get a good tail stripe just by using Sundowner's templates that Wrench is showing. Dave sometimes gives me sh!t about decals but the fact is that I use texture over decal especially with high resolution mapping (as in that template that Wrench is showing) OR when the mapping is so efficient (such as what FC does) that I always take the time to just texture it. I'm sure even I can get a good tail stripe using that template.... Besides sometimes decals come off tacky (which is another reason why I don't use them) and with Sundowner's templates it's almost an Artcle 15 offense to decal it... just sayin though....

VX-9 CAG Stuff.

People always gripe about the change of warfare but precision bombing with a JDAM does wonders...

post-5735-079179400 1297186116.jpg

post-5735-001858200 1297186220.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Go Canada!!!

cf18gocanada.jpg

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

• Like 1

USAFFB-111A03.jpg

Splintery Switchblades!

Edited by Spinners

Spinners, my man, you must decrease the meds! :blink:

Your prior endeavours were so inspired, now they just look plain, well, BENT!

:grin:

after hours of experimentating, chose to throw the 'written word' out the window. setteled on this scheme...

although a glossy black would be pretty evil looking...

wrench

kevin stein

For a Hun looks pretty cool.... Iv'e read one Wingman book where they're around Greece or so and starts the lead in to the Nazi Phantoms or some such...

@Ceaser the best way I've found so far after figuring out how to really shoot down a MIG-29 is to reverse into the circle that they pull you into. I flew against an F-16 (that was a workout...). This in effect forces him to slow down into reversing his turn, slowing him down and essentially setting him up for a missile shot (9M,9X, 120 depending on model) or maybe a guns kill.

DACT with a Super Hornet. The 9X that is following its smoke trail missed but that was okay the enemy Super Hornet eventually fell in the sea (the previous one whacked it pretty hard, killing an engine and blowing off a significant amount of its control surfaces).

post-5735-027241000 1297213339.jpg

USAFFB-111A05.jpg

Sram away!

My favourite missile at the moment - superb effects!

@Ceaser the best way I've found so far after figuring out how to really shoot down a MIG-29 is to reverse into the circle that they pull you into. I flew against an F-16 (that was a workout...). This in effect forces him to slow down into reversing his turn, slowing him down and essentially setting him up for a missile shot (9M,9X, 120 depending on model) or maybe a guns kill.

yes this was discussed in Black Aces High with the nuggets in the Bombcat doing the exact same (1 circle into 2 circle) tactic to score on a F-4F with a 2500 hr veteran pilot! figured Ceasar might like that bit of info if he hasnt read the book already!

Spinners, what kind of peote are you on bro? I almost had a bad trip just looking at that thing! :rofl::good::grin:

Esquadron de Combate 1112 over Southern America

Yes, I know I've posted this before.

This one is for LouG. My way of saying "Thank You"

wrench

kevin stein

Spinners, what kind of peote are you on bro? I almost had a bad trip just looking at that thing! :rofl::good::grin:

like Ferris on meth!:rofl:

USAFE

img00006.JPG

img00007.JPG

img00008.JPG

img00009.JPG

yes this was discussed in Black Aces High with the nuggets in the Bombcat doing the exact same (1 circle into 2 circle) tactic to score on a F-4F with a 2500 hr veteran pilot! figured Ceasar might like that bit of info if he hasnt read the book already!

That blows as I thought obviously I was on to something and really nothing new... shows how little I knew about ACM.

Some fun with a Phantom

post-5735-038339100 1297294754.jpg

@ Eric - The reversal works pretty well (as mentioned illustrated in black aces high, but it was done vs. a MiG-29, not an F-4!), though I found it depends heavily on the energy state of the Fulcrum - sometimes he'll reverse and put his nose right on me! Ever try to get the MiG into a rolling scissors? Usually the AI doesn't handle that as well (at least I've noticed); of course I "cheat" by using flaps...then again, No rules in a gun fight!

DACT with an F-16 (EDIT: result was a missile kill with an AIM-9M)

img00106.jpg

Returning to Base

img00117-1.jpg

Edited by Caesar

@ Eric - The reversal works pretty well (as mentioned illustrated in black aces high, but it was done vs. a MiG-29, not an F-4!), though I found it depends heavily on the energy state of the Fulcrum - sometimes he'll reverse and put his nose right on me! Ever try to get the MiG into a rolling scissors? Usually the AI doesn't handle that as well (at least I've noticed); of course I "cheat" by using flaps...then again, No rules in a gun fight!

yeah depends on what I'm playing with. most of the time it starts out with a massive turning fight and eventually it slides into a rolling scissors. The Su-27 nearly does it immediately (got me real good once) and I usually counter by turning inside it as best as possible. I've also found out that Russian missiles suck as the shot above I was Winchester air-to-air and tried unsuccessfully to get a guns kill. Most of the DACT I use was designed for missile only maneuvering so I wouldn't be so retarded in the knife fight and actually improve my skillset. I've only gotten lucky with the guns kills due to fast thinknig.

That blows as I thought obviously I was on to something and really nothing new... shows how little I knew about ACM.

Some fun with a Phantom

no worries. like he said in Flight of the Phoenix, you do alot of reading sitting in the pax shed waiting on a 130. oh wait thats my version of the line!