Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

a warning for anyone on the flight deck

safety is a priority at every job..

sad news non the less..

Thank you for the safety reminder. Complacency kills...

Oh man. What a terrible terrible death. My condolences to the family.

F***! Aw geezes... I hope it was quick for the sake of the mechanic. That has to be the most horrifying way to go. I couldn't magnify the pictures to see that. Just too horrible. Must've happened when they were running the engine up to full power. I have to spoil this to any other viewers here because of how horribly graphic this is. First of all, DO NOT HAVE YOUR KIDS SEE THIS. The guy pretty much got shreded to a billion pieces to death in probably less than a second and human material is splattered all over the interior of the engine and blown out the back. This is just too sad. I feel so bad for the family that's left behind. Jet engines are one of the biggest things I do not like being around while out on the flightline... mainly because of this, or the fact that I can get blown almost halfway to hell from the exhaust.

Oh man... damn... my condolences to the family of that guy... to sum it up in a word: messy...

Yikes. Just, no.

I've always wondered how they step around E-2 Hawkeye giant props on a tiny deck.

Yikes. Just, no.

I've always wondered how they step around E-2 Hawkeye giant props on a tiny deck.

very, very carefully!

my first squadron had two "incidents" of guys walking into our props. I saw one of them. Not nice.

I hope there are never survivors of those incidents.

of both incidents that I refered to, and one more in my third squadron, all of them survived.

one of them just woke up with a really bad headache (glancing blow which destroyed his helmet) and he was eventually able to recognize family members and slowly recovered over time. The other two were not so lucky.

Edited by Typhoid

It is amazing, but there is another guy who survived such kind of incident, and he looks fine for what he had to get trough