Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Top Gun 2

I've heard talk about a remake of Top Gun. I hope...THIS TIME....they can get their stuff right and have real migs in the picture. Look the F-14 is still one of my favoriate planes(its the first one I fell in love with and is the reason why I'm a fan of aircraft) I would love to see the ole girl go up against some migs. But they might have to be a bit more accurate and go with the F-22 vs. Su-35 (but I think that match up wouldn't make much of a movie would it?) Anyway I'm just wondering what the news is about that rumor.

I've heard talk about a remake of Top Gun. I hope...THIS TIME....they can get their stuff right and have real migs in the picture. Look the F-14 is still one of my favoriate planes(its the first one I fell in love with and is the reason why I'm a fan of aircraft) I would love to see the ole girl go up against some migs. But they might have to be a bit more accurate and go with the F-22 vs. Su-35 (but I think that match up wouldn't make much of a movie would it?) Anyway I'm just wondering what the news is about that rumor.

Well, Top Gun doesn't exist today as it did when the original movie was made. For a new movie to be somewhat true to reality, the pilots would be flying Hornets on simulated attack missions at the NSAWC at NAS Fallon, Nevada.

A remake of Top Gun... ok, lets see what we have to work with here. First off, NO MORE TOMCATS :angry: so we might be able to get the Air Force to fly some fighters in or we could wheel the Tomcat or Phantom in the static park in (They looks to be in pretty good shape). Would we still be able to call the movie "Top Gun" even though it is now called "Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center"... not quite as catchy me thinks. The setting has moved to Glorious Fallon NV, so we could showcase the night life, I'm thinking Wednesday nights at the Depot :yes:. Heck, that could be where our protagonist meets his love intrest. Oh, and we could get Val Kilmer to reprise his role as Tom Kizanski picking up where he left off on Saturday Night Live flying regional hops into Reno. Ooh! even better, we could get ol' Tom "Look I'm Insane and Jumping on a Couch" Cruise to take the helm as CO of NSAWC. Wha'd'ya think?

I think a movie about Red Flag might be better. (I just enjoyed watching all the jets launching out and returning... awesome sights)

BTW- Just got back from Fallon 2 weeks ago

Edited by Vampyre

I just pretend that there won't be another "Top Gun" movie. Besides, why bother? Hot Shots not good enough for you? :tongue:

Or maybe Top Gun 2.

Iceman and Maverick left the Navy, they are now a happy gay couple in a Californian suburb, they are trying to adopt a russian kid.

Iceman is now a commercial pilot while Maverick is a bartender... oh wait, no, wrong movie...

I think it should be a sequel not a remake,

Old Tom can play Maverick as an instructor at the Top Gun school who has to work with a brand new troubled rookie, the rookie could be Icemans son, naturally the aircraft will be the bug, real mig's or sukhois won't be a problem these days.

Iron Eagle > Top Gun

Blasphemy!! If at least they made them as the IDFAF instead of pretending being USAF in the two fisrt films.... (anyway, it would have been weird to see Louis Gossett Jr as Israeli)

Btw, is there any link or anything solid about the Top Gun film being remade or sequeled?

I think it should be a sequel not a remake,

Old Tom can play Maverick as an instructor at the Top Gun school who has to work with a brand new troubled rookie, the rookie could be Icemans son, naturally the aircraft will be the bug, real mig's or sukhois won't be a problem these days.

Btw, is there any link or anything solid about the Top Gun film being remade or sequeled?

I did manage to find a link Top Gun 2 and after reading this I'm starting to think that one of us may now a little more about this movie...or is just by chance that Bongodriver had a similar idea?

Now maybe once she graduates from NSAWC we could see breif dogfight at the end of movie like they did in the first movie.

And for the record I know stealth is great and all but the ability to target and engage multiple boogies at different ranges and altitudes simultanously is still awesomecool.gif

WOW! no I don't know anything about this, just an idea I had, maybe I mised my calling in life.

What's so good about Top Gun again other than it has tons of well-oiled men in towels? There's what, two fights in the entire movie - one of which is in the beginning and the other in the end. The rest of it consists of training. Sure the footage is cool but as an action film it's an absolute bore. It's like watching a Rambo movie where Rambo spends the entire movie at the range.

• Like 1

What's so good about Top Gun again other than it has tons of well-oiled men in towels? There's what, two fights in the entire movie - one of which is in the beginning and the other in the end. The rest of it consists of training. Sure the footage is cool but as an action film it's an absolute bore. It's like watching a Rambo movie where Rambo spends the entire movie at the range.

Well I thought the clue was in the title, Top Gun is a training school after all, why wasn't Iron eagle called Iron Viper? I didn't see any F-15's at all grin.gif , I liked both films but felt Iron eagle didn't deserve any sequels.

Well I thought the clue was in the title, Top Gun is a training school after all, why wasn't Iron eagle called Iron Viper? I didn't see any F-15's at all grin.gif , I liked both films but felt Iron eagle didn't deserve any sequels.

Iron Eagle was watchable, the sequals on the other hand are pure donkycrap. Trying to fool me that an F-4 Phantom is a Mig-29, COME ON!

two words: Libyan K'firs.

gimme a break!! Rather watch Hot Shots...

wrench

kevin stein

two words: Libyan K'firs.

gimme a break!! Rather watch Hot Shots...

wrench

kevin stein

Well, imagine those were Mirage 5Ds

Anyway, Hot Shots and the Sam scene from Behind the Enemy Lines are good comedy sequels to Top Gun

You know what i hated in the Iron Eagle movies besides the wrong plane designations that is. In one shot you get to see the F16 carrying mavericks and in the next its regular mk82s :P it changes mid air. hahahaha

I liked Top Gun and still watch it. I also liked the first Iron Eagle. The rest were crap....

Iron Eagle was alright - when I was about 8 - but watching it now....well I cant its just ..well - Iron Eagle 2 had a better story line for me - but the execution was just sooo weak - it was embarassing.

The best Iron Eagle for me was something I found on the Web - someone had cut out the actors and just put the flight scenes from IE together with some music! :good: - maybe thats how it should have been from the start!

As Hollywood jet films go there is only Top Gun and Flight of the Intruder that hold any credibility IMO. There is tons of flying in Top Gun and its great to watch - didnt someone mention its quite an authentic breakdown of the training sylabus - I like the way the character of Maverick is portrayed as an exagerated mixture of Vietnam era navy pilots like Winston Copeland(put in Hack, lost his qualification as section leader etc).

I guess if you think there is not much flying in TG you must have been looking at something else - lets hope it was Charlie :lol:

Havnt seen anything credable for TG2 - but you never know ....

Edited by MigBuster

I saw bits and pieces of IE...I'm just wondering how a thirteen yearold can fly an F-16 I mean does age affect wheter or not you can handle G-forcesdntknw.gif

Oh and am I the only one that thinks the movie Stealth wasn't all that? I mean they're doing like mock twenty something and noone is wearing G-suits.

Which proves my opinion that Hot Shots is the most honest air combat movie that has ever come out of Hollyweird... :tongue:

As far as air combat movies go, the best ones are all from the 1950's. The Hunters, Flying Leathernecks, Bridges of Toko-Ri...

Definitely prefer Flight of the Intruder to Top Gun. As far as Iron Eagle goes, I actually find the third movie to be the most watchable of the bunch. It's got both warbirds and the ARES in it, for crying out loud.

If you want a really good action movie about flying, check out Deadly Encounter.

Mean while, the remake of Red Dawn will be appearing this year and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will be replacing Megan Fox in Transformers 3. Also, Michael Bay will be directing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

Maybe the chick could be charlie's daughterdntknw.gif

Flying Leathernecks isnt that a John Wayne movie...

And yes Hot Shots is a really great movie. It would be funny to see them act dopey in an F/A-18 or F-22 or better yet the classy B-2 Spirit Bomber.

the only way i be intrested in this is if they do the story of mavericks father

Okay it would be interesting if they did a prequal to the movie. Maybe we could see some Wild Weasal action?grin.gif

Edited by Skyviper

the only way i be intrested in this is if they do the story of mavericks father

Okay it would be interesting if they did a prequal to the movie. Maybe we could see some Wild Weasal action?grin.gif

Ok, now that sounds like a really awesome idea for a new Top Gun movie. A prequel about Mav's dad shooting it out in the skies over the "wrong line on some map". When they first mentioned that in the original movie, I got really interested to know what really happened. Thought it would make an awesome scene in a movie.

Edited by serverandenforcer